Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lahvlahn: The "Snow Show Like a Joe Show" Edition - 01/03 two-eighteen so to speak

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

I wasn't listening....but is that an actual quote from today's show caller?

Yes, caller. Just about 3 minutes before the end, if you want to listen to it on the RTE iPlayer, so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Yes, caller. Just about 3 minutes before the end, if you want to listen to it on the RTE iPlayer, so to speak.

Every time I think he can't possibly be more stupid than I already think, he proves me wrong.

Is dat different to De RTE Real Player?
    And duz it wurk on De EYEPad? And from anyware in De Wurild?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Like de emale, it wurks 24 hours a day seven days a week so to speak, unlike Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

A feck, I thought Fateen used to call it "De RTE EyePlayer" in an attempt to make it sound like the Beeb :-(.

My bad, as ne'er dowels do be saying, of all tings!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,235 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I read all about today's show.
    One question, did Landan Lawyer make an appearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,512 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Cat Weazel, Daithi Lacha, Alf Arrowsmith, Peter & Gordon, Herbert Khaury, Tom Landry, Art Schell, Kent Hull, Jim Kelly, Kevin Heffernan, Sean Doherty, Mick Lyons,Toby Jug,Vida Blue,Pat Summerall, John Madden..………

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

zell12 wrote: »
    I read all about today's show.
    One question, did Landan Lawyer make an appearance?

Not today guv....

Like de emale, it wurks 24 hours a day seven days a week so to speak, unlike Joe.

LOL. Even when he's in he barely wurks 24hours A MONTH.

A feck, I thought Fateen used to call it "De RTE EyePlayer" in an attempt to make it sound like the Beeb :-(.

My bad, as ne'er dowels do be saying, of all tings!

It's ok caller, no need to apologise and dat.

When he first used de term "De RTE REAL PLAYER" his voice gave away his incredulity at the mere concept of playing a show that was broadcast previously could be replayed so to speak on a computer or a tablet like an EYE Pad across de medium of de internet and dat.....like it was some form of sorcery.

After a few weeks of this, his tone changed to one of some sort of idoitic boastful pride and he talked about is as if RTE had invented Real Player. His stupidity knows no bounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,586 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

After a few weeks of this, his tone changed to one of some sort of idoitic boastful pride and he talked about is as if RTE had invented Real Player. His stupidity knows no bounds.
    I recall him mentioning "our Real Player" and "RTE's Real Player" as if it was some in-house wizardry. No doubt the world was beating a path to the doors of Montrose in the hope of getting some o' dat. Or not.
    I must say this, though. In all the years I've had access to it, it's hardly ever worked faultlessy, or at all on some occasions. Continally beset by niggles and glitches, and that's when the teaboy can be arsed to keep it up to date.
    The maintenance of the database the player draws on is hit and miss, to put it mildly. Just another symptom of how seriously RTE takes online subcribers - not at all.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Hard to keep on top of de player with such a small team on da lahvlahn caller..... even tho dey are wunderfull,amazing,hard wuurkin n fantastic n deddy kayted an dat.....

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    I recall him mentioning "our Real Player" and "RTE's Real Player" as if it was some in-house wizardry. No doubt the world was beating a path to the doors of Montrose in the hope of getting some o' dat. Or not.
    I must say this, though. In all the years I've had access to it, it's hardly ever worked faultlessy, or at all on some occasions. Continally beset by niggles and glitches, and that's when the teaboy can be arsed to keep it up to date.
    The maintenance of the database the player draws on is hit and miss, to put it mildly. Just another symptom of how seriously RTE takes online subcribers - not at all.

+1. It rarely if ever wurked without a glitch for me. The app is much better.

Re. your last point.....only a few hundred people access the services online apparently.....was in de paper last year so to speak.

De Brand NEW & IMPROVED so to speak 2-18 Joe Duffy Wurkday Calculator and dat:

Wurkdays in 2-18 and dat: 75
    Joe Shows: 61
    No Show Joe Shows: 14
    Breakeens 4 Joe: 14

PBH (de full-time host of de show) Shows: 9
    PBH guest appearances and dat: 1
    D'Omen Shows: 4
    AN Udder Shows: 0
    Good Fryday No Show by nobody at all at all: 1

NEW FEATURE SO TO SPEAK:
    Fateen's Estimated Fees (De FEF Matrix so to speak) to date dis year: €152,500*
    (not including de EXTRA FEES for 3 days of De Beast From De East TV + Radio Simulcast Xtravaganza + likely "Danger Money" for travelling to and from wurk in de snow and dat).

King-World-News-WTF-Is-Going-On-Here-864x400_c.jpg
    *de fees are calculated at €2,500 per show x days dat Fateen is in so to speak. Dose fees are likely conservative and outdated as day are 2 years old so to speak.
    I'm including Good Fryday as a Wurkday as it is not an official Bank Holiday/Holiday Day. Even Pat Kenny is in Newstalk FFS, but no-one in RTE of course of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Whats with the pathetic voice david?...is it for effect?

Re. your last point.....only a few hundred people access the services online apparently.....was in de paper last year so to speak.

I wonder how many more there would be if they hadn't been put off by the dreadful layout and reliability.

Bait'in's in De Unadulterated Kip and dat.

Nigh-kee trainers!

I'm hugely into sneaker culture....I wonder will I get a call?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

5 or 6 ....ie 1

Whats with the pathetic voice david?...is it for effect?

He's upset......... sniffle

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Yeah yeah central dubaleen

Yeah yeah runners

Move along caller, only got til 3 o'clock

• Advertisement

I wonder how many more there would be if they hadn't been put off by the dreadful layout and reliability.

....a few hundred and 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

He should have done a "runner" so to speak.

Six month's work stolen.
    Never heard of backups, caller?

Joe has his sharp intake of breath at the ready.......

I wonder will we get a few "sharp intake of breath"s from Fateen as de caller describes de bait'in' in minute detail and lists de injuries.

Nye Kee.

Wat colour were de trainers?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Sneaker culture

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

How much did she pay- just in case there were a few people that paid for taxis to Ashbourne for a Chungfella on that day

• Advertisement

Six month's work stolen.
    Never heard of backups, caller?

It took him 6 months to make the lego set....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement