Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lahvlahn: The "Snow Show Like a Joe Show" Edition - 01/03 two-eighteen so to speak

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Why is it being broadcast on tv?genuine question..

I don't know how to answer your question because I don't know the answer.

I tried to explain the concept of Liveline to my daughter, she thought as it was broadcast on TV that the viewers should be able to see the callers. Fair point says I but it's a radio programme.

I should have been clearer in my post, I hadn't the energy to think of an answer for her is what I should have said. The poster above offers a possible explanation as to why it's on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

It’s seems to be an experiment Dubya,not on next week if I understand things correctly.

Dee’s digital project?

They did it during Ophelia if I remember rightly. I figured it's just what they do when they need a day of current affairs coverage on TV. Joe's a handy thing to plop in there as basically all it requires extra is a producer to babysit the camera feeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Nice shot of the RTE branded coffee cups in the background. I wonder how much that costs us?

Dis exact topic was speculated on as far back as August 2-16 so to speak:

Just noticed the RTE-branded disposable coffee cups. Wonder how much they were so to speak?

RTE Buying Office: We need more disposable coffee cups. How much are they?
    Catering company: They start at €250 for 10,000units.
    RTE Buying Office: What colour are they?
    Catering company: They're just plain white
    RTE Buying Office: Have you anything fancier? We have some very high profile celebrities and important people coming in and out of here daily don't you know?
    Catering company: Well we have more expensive ones alright, it really depends on how much you want to pay and what you want on the cups?
    RTE Buying Office: Could we get the RTE logo on them?
    Catering company: Yes, but there's a 12 week lead time and they're very expensive
    RTE Buying Office: Don't worry about the price. How much are they?
    Catering company (after brief pause, and completely chancing his arm): How does €1,000 for 250units sound?
    RTE Buying Office: Like a bargain! We have a deal.
    Catering company (after another pause): The minimum order now is 10,000units.
    RTE Buying Office: So? Don't bore me with the details.
    Catering company: ooooookkkk, I'll do up the invoice then. That's 10,000units @ €1,000 per 250 = €400,000. Are you sure the plain white ones won't do?
    RTE Buying Office: What do you think we are, animals?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Mod: Snipped to prevent retaliatory bickering

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    They did it during Ophelia if I remember rightly. I figured it's just what they do when they need a day of current affairs coverage on TV. Joe's a handy thing to plop in there as basically all it requires extra is a producer to babysit the camera feeds.

Did I hear the Dufficer saying the cameras were voice activated and when Gerry spoke the camera went on him and ditto for the Dufficer?

Maybe the Captain Morgan had taken hold.:eek:

• Advertisement

Remember folks, Duffy has been paid AT LEAST €100,000 so far this year.

Let him pay the 160 “pound”

....on which he'll take home AT LEAST €87,500 due to his tax "status".

Did I hear the Dufficer saying the cameras were voice activated and when Gerry spoke the camera went on him and ditto for the Dufficer?

Maybe the Captain Morgan had taken hold.:eek:

No, you're right there. If you've ever watched radio studio webcams they generally have that. I figured that they'd just have a producer babysit it when it's on TV just to make sure all's going well. Might be wrong though, maybe they just all head off for lunch while Joe's on and leave the TV station on auto pilot. :P

In fairness as well actually, if you ever watch NewsTalk TV on their site, which I understand is automated, it's actually pretty neat how smooth the automation can be.

No, you're right there. If you've ever watched radio studio webcams they generally have that. I figured that they'd just have a producer babysit it when it's on TV just to make sure all's going well. Might be wrong though, maybe they just all head off for lunch while Joe's on and leave the TV station on auto pilot. :P

In fairness as well actually, if you ever watch NewsTalk TV on their site, which I understand is automated, it's actually pretty neat how smooth the automation can be.

Didn’t know that Dubya.....interesting info..... the future for broadcasting?

Didn’t know that Dubya.....interesting info..... the future for broadcasting?

As someone who decidedly has a face for radio, I bloody hope not! :pac:

As someone who decidedly has a face for radio, I bloody hope not! :pac:

:D

• Advertisement

Someone mentioned Joe stayed over last night to go the show today? Is that correct? There’s a reason I’m asking btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Someone mentioned Joe stayed over last night to go the show today? Is that correct? There’s a reason I’m asking btw.

hehehe, where did you see him and who was with him???? :eek:

edit : whoops, cant actually answer the question.......

hehehe, where did you see him and who was with him???? :eek:

edit : whoops, cant actually answer the question.......

That’s not why I ask! It’s fees-related.....because...and wait for this...if he was asked to stay he could bill for the whole 22hours and 45mins he had to stay before the next show. That’s €45,500 in fees btw (based on €2,500 for a 75min show).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

That’s not why I ask! It’s fees-related.....because...and wait for this...if he was asked to stay he could bill for the whole 22hours and 45mins he had to stay before the next show. That’s €45,500 in fees btw (based on €2,500 for a 75min show).

Ah here, its tough on the road for wheeled vehicles but..... Iv always thought that he was carried home in a sedan chair by eight junior members of staff :pac:

Ah here, its tough on the road for wheeled vehicles but..... Iv always thought that he was carried home in a sedan chair by eight junior members of his staff :pac:

FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Surely you don't expect him to stay all night at his employers behest, for NOTHING :eek:

Sure he'd be bored out of his tree. I suppose he could pass the time doing some research on the most likely topics to crop up next day. If only he'd some way of knowing what they might be. Given the 'caller driven' nature of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

joes people running amok tonight in jobstown

• Registered Users Posts: 82,709 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

joes people running amok tonight in jobstown

What colour was the digger...
    A Centra store in Jobstown was robbed, as was the Lidl supermarket in Fortunestown Lane.

The Lidl was then set on fire, weakening the structure, and it was further damaged by a digger.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/0302/944671-dublin-store-investigation/

M

Joe is on LLS, potential gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

In the front row like the big star he is.

Along with the shakins of the bag of who ever was passing the RTE canteen this afternoon.

(rounded up at gunpoint)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I told yes so....look back....

• Registered Users Posts: 39,965 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

More fees for Duffy tonight. This snow event is doing wonders for his bank balance.

In the front row like the big star he is.

Along with the shakins of the bag of who ever was passing the RTE canteen this afternoon.

(rounded up at gunpoint)

Big fat head on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Joe itching for Ryan’s seat I betcha,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

My god cringe

M

I think Joe has hit the high road with the Jag.

Joe itching for Ryan’s seat I betcha,

Doesn't pay enough ..

Doesn't pay enough ..

Rubbers is not a scribe.!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

What did Joe Duffy actually do on the LLS this evening? I watched a bit of it but I must have missed his contribution.

• Advertisement
    M

Joe on now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement