Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lahvlahn: The "Snow Show Like a Joe Show" Edition - 01/03 two-eighteen so to speak

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

BarryD2 wrote: »
    More than likely, he'll be delayed going home.

Ah, de wimmin drivers. He sized her up, their eyes met and she tried to run him over.

This ME 2 thing is going too far?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

This is appalling radio....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

we won't be able to walk around shortly without a helmet the way things are going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

Joe indicates policy is up to the guberment. Just like the versatis patches, so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,586 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Is there a helmet size to fit Joe

Of course...

fatguyinspandex-1-01.jpg
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Bet he was doing his best to imagine it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

I cycle a bit, don't wear a helmet and don't want to wear one or a high visibility jacket or whatever else yer one demands. Prefer to use cop on and take responsibility for my own safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Ronan Hutchinson on social media ?

so they now admit they have someone trawling through twitter and facebook looking for misery daily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

2smiggy wrote: »
    we won't be able to walk around shortly without a helmet the way things are going

True, it'll soon be compulsory for all pedestrians. Then you'll have to wear it in bed in case a meteorite or ICBM lands on your gaff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

2smiggy wrote: »
    Ronan Hutchinson on social media ?

so they now admit they have someone trawling through twitter and facebook looking for inflicting misery daily

FYP

• Advertisement

BarryD2 wrote: »
    I cycle a bit, don't wear a helmet and don't want to wear one or a high visibility jacket or whatever else yer one demands. Prefer to use cop on and take responsibility for my own safety.
    Well, yes.
    While I accept there's some sort of case for helmets, in nearly every place they've been made compulsory, the overall impact has been to reduce cycling numbers, which might not be a good thing. A close examination of helmet use reveals that they don't much affect overall numbers of serious head injuries, as most cycle helmets are so flimsy as to be useless in all but glancing blows.
    As for fluoro vests, anyone who really wants to can wear one, or simply choose to look like a multi-coloured Lycra freak, which seems to be more acceptable in a weird way.
    Lights, I have no qualms about making compulsory, but only in use at night, not to be fitted to every bike that won't be used in the dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Looks like I missed another classic.....not.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Looks like I missed another classic.....not.

The man who was tortured by Jonathan Dowdall for 2 hours was tortured by Joe for an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Uncharted wrote: »
    This is appalling radio....

Had to walk away. Truly truly brutal...

BPKS wrote: »
    The man who was tortured by Jonathan Dowdall for 2 hours was tortured by Joe for an hour.

What? Which was wurser so to speak? Did he play him a “Best of De FunnyFryday Crew” cd?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

What? Which was wurser so to speak? Did he play him a “Best of De FunnyFryday Crew” cd?

He subjected the man to listening to his torturer’s voice, multiple times...a new low

He subjected the man to listening to his torturer’s voice, multiple times...a new low

It was incredibly gauche and thoroughly ghoulish to have done so, and Joe asking him if it was ok doesn't make it right. That would be my position for a normal caller.
    Otoh, given he's a conning twat who got what he deserved, I have not a lot of pity for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

BPKS wrote: »

And so we were we.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,512 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

sligojoek wrote: »
    And so we were we.

You are not wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭Jeff2

It was that riveting that both were speechless most of the time.

Or just a none story.

• Advertisement

From what I remember the guy bought a car for about 10k from a garage with a dodgy check and tried to sell it or did sell it.

His LinkedIn profile said he was a baristor.

Had to walk away. Truly truly brutal...

At least you were able to walk away caller.....unlike de pooooooer woman who had her leg amputated and dat.....and her story was amputated by Joe twoday too it seems judging by de thread.....it makes you wonder WHOY duz he bodder with de promo at all at all?

At least you were able to walk away caller.....unlike de pooooooer woman who had her leg amputated and dat.....and her story was amputated by Joe twoday too it seems judging by de thread.....it makes you wonder WHOY duz he bodder with de promo at all at all?

If JD of SF was not involved then I think she would have had a leg in on getting on the show.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    If JD of SF was not involved then I think she would have had a leg in on getting on the show.

Dare's always tamarra Jeff for Joe to ask
    "and how did you feel when you looked down at the bandaged stump where de bottom of your leg and your foot had once been?"
    OR
    "What did ya do wit yer udder shoe when ya got ta leave de hostible?" OR "I suppose even if you lose a sock in de washing masheen now it's not dat big of a deal is it?"
    OR
    "de rule dat won't pay you de munny is from WWII. Did you know lots of soldiers lost legs in de war? I sawr it on de mooovie Saving Private Ryan and dat wen day were landing on de beach and dat and de bombs did blow parts of de bhoys legs off and dat. I suppose wen you tink abour it you were in de hostible wen your leg was taken away so to speak and you had access to de Versatis patches for de pain, weren't you lucky really? Back after deeze".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

What's the betting he'll ring somebody who once wurked in the Submarine Bar about the Peter Madsen trial in Denmark today?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Jeff2 wrote: »
    From what I remember the guy bought a car for about 10k from a garage with a dodgy check and tried to sell it or did sell it.

His LinkedIn profile said he was a baristor.

Is that a lad that makes coffee so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Is that a lad that makes coffee so to speak?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Where was your leg buried?
    Do you visit its grave on the anniversary of the accident?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

sligojoek wrote: »
    Where was your leg buried?
    Do you visit its grave on the anniversary of the accident?

Is her name Eilean?

• Advertisement

Dear Joe/Yew/Aonghus,

As we all know you read de thread and we also all know Joe duz be busy lookin' for de great puns and plays on wurds to entertain us himself during de show, I've saved ye de bodder for twoday. Feel free to use any of the following if you actually have de woman wit de wan leg dat you did tell us in yesterday's promo wood be on yesterday's show before you went off on yet anudder misery tangent to satisfy de deeply disturbing pain and misery fetishes dat do be do be do be do be do be takin' over himself between 13:45 and 15:00 of an afternoon and dat:

• What Do You Say To A One Legged Hitch Hiker?
      Hop In
    • What’s better than winning gold at the Paralympics?
      Having legs.
    • I got a handjob of a blind woman the other day she said its the biggest thing I ever had in my hand i said no love your just pulling my leg
    • What has 5 arms, 3 legs, and 2 feet? The finish line at the Boston Marathon.
    c80d9ea7b5ab1e89b1164d8a37941dc2.png

Things he'll possibly say twoday (if she's on):

• I'm stumped
    • Put yer best foot forward now, dja heer me petal?
    • Thanks for your service to yer country
    • Dja know wat day did wit de udder leg?
    • We should all stand up and show our admiration for you
    • You're an inspiration to all of us (whether she did anything of note or not)

And before you have a meltdown and do a full-on Lahv Lahn Rage, de above were almost all taken from sites run by de disabled for de disabled and dat (there's an amputee humour thread on reddit for example). FACT. Day can laugh at demselves and jokes about demselves without crying blasphemy.....dare's a lesson dare and dat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement