Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lahvlahn: The "Snow Show Like a Joe Show" Edition - 01/03 two-eighteen so to speak

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

pc7 wrote: »
    All jokes aside and I know its de Live Lahnnnn thread, but fook me its horrific, those poor poor children.

The state is a cesspit

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Is she on today or what?

Running out of time. Joe is today's guest speaker :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Joe has a problem with the HSE chief so we all have to suffer

• Registered Users Posts: 39,586 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

pc7 wrote: »
    All jokes aside and I know its de Live Lahnnnn thread, but fook me its horrific, those poor poor children.

It was appallingly badly handled, that's for sure.
    At the first whiff of abuse, the family should have lost all the fostering they had. No ifs, no buts, no maybes - there's not such a shortage of suitable families that alternatives could not have been found.
    FFS, there are people applying to be fosterers every week, and getting knocked back for the stupidest of reasons.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

The HSE need a thorough clean out,and joe thinks he's the man to do it. You can tell by his tone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

You don't need to keep saying alleged any more joe if he was convicted and dat

Savagely assaulted...his favourite little saying.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    At the first whiff of abuse, the family should have lost all the fostering they had..

And someone should have been investigating what was going on with the son and why he was doing this at such a young age too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

All joking aside, I really don't think liveline is the place for such a delicate topic. Joe is incapable of dealing with an issue of this magnitude.
    This is real people's lives being discussed, not Mary from Ballyer's lost dentures.
    Completely distasteful to leave a buffoon at the helm of discussing this tragic event.

Keeps mentioning Wednesdays liveline. Blowing smoke up his own hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

This Maurice McCabe story got me thinking.

We have the media in Ireland hopping on the me too movement, widely reporting every time somebody says they were sexually assaulted even in the case of no charges being made and no apparent right of reply for the accused.

And when a person accused Maurice McCabe of sexual abuse, it gets brushed aside so that the media can hound the Garda commissioner, Minister for Justice etc.

Strange one.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Uncharted wrote: »
    All joking aside, I really don't think liveline is the place for such a delicate topic. Joe is incapable of dealing with an issue of this magnitude.
    This is real people's lives being discussed, not Mary from Ballyer's lost dentures.
    Completely distasteful to leave a buffoon at the helm of discussing this tragic event.

Are you enjoying you first Lahv Lahn caller? It's always great to see new faces in here......

:pac:

I haven't seen the PT programme, I think I'm able to read between the lines so far, but is the sentence going to be appealed?

I haven't seen the PT programme, I think I'm able to read between the lines so far, but is the sentence going to be appealed?

Judge Joe is doing it now.;)

IS he going to get the man on or just keep discussing something he said 2 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Back in my day...

This will fill the whole show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Tragic case but Joe being very remiss in not reminding the public that Keith Burke was a teenager when he was at this, a child, a minor. This basic fact puts a different legal complexion on the case. Add in that one of the girls at least initially refused to confirm the activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Joe getting narky as he has to actually concentrate on a conversation....

Are ye dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Will Detective Joe offer his unique expertise to Merseyside Police to solve this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 sorollo

What exactly does "a bit of banter" mean

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

seemed they got a bit cocky after attacking the man city team bus last time. wonder how many will travel to rome ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Joe getting a thrill watching the poor bloke getting a thumping, the ghoul!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

roma and lazio fans are utter scum. was there years ago hotel said no way go to match

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Play us the video, Joe. It makes great radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

Ah Joe, don't you know...

Soccer is a game played by gentlemen, supported by thugs
    Rugby is a game played by thugs, supported by gentlemen

How can you compare LiverpoolvsRoma to Leinster vs some other outfit?

Horatio on the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

that wasnt a Roma fan carrying a hammer

• Advertisement

meep wrote: »
    Ah Joe, don't you know...

Soccer is a game played by gentlemen, supported by thugs
    Rugby is a game played by thugs, supported by gentlemen

How can you compare LiverpoolvsRoma to Leinster vs some other outfit?

you can when you know nuttin about sport like Joe, surprised he was even at a match- must have got free tickets

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement