Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lahvlahn: The "Snow Show Like a Joe Show" Edition - 01/03 two-eighteen so to speak

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Iv had enough of this. Absolutely inept at dealing with delicate topics. Such a blathering incoherent idiot.

See ye Monday.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

vicwatson wrote: »
    Scary shít for all women out there that had the test done

It is when you look at the numbers quoted on their site

According to the programme’s latest report for 2015-2016, CervicalCheck has screened 79.7% of the target population of almost 1.2 million eligible women, aged 25 to 60 in the last five years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

Oops69 wrote: »
    So basically this Dr At the top of Cervical check ‘s head will be on a plate by Monday and all will be forgotten .

It's still difficult to figure out what actually happened here. (and this interview isn't really helping very much).

I heard the head of service on Morning ireland this morning. She is NOT a good communicator which hasn't helped her cause but it does sound like there were various checks put in place but when anomolies were found, the service let the doctors know but then spent up to a year squabbling about who should be telling the patients.

I think that seems to be the biggest issue here and seem to be what the minister for health is planning to address in legislation.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

No, I have had tests over past few years, last one was last year.

Im not sitting on edge of my seat. Life is too short for worrying about things like this.

The reality is that the human body is like a ticking timebomb, you wouldn't believe the amount of things that can go wrong. So why worry about it?

Fair play but those 206 women might have thought just like you up until today

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

What a condescending clown joe is

This woman sounds way more intelligent and capable than him btw

What? Is she 12?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Are GPs that stupid that they need to be told to communicate vital information to their patients. Joe is implying that this woman's doctor should have been told explicitly to tell her of the revised test result!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Who is to blame here ?

the external testing company, or when were people/doctors/hospitals notified in this country of the mistakes ?

I'm not really able to follow what is going on

Duffy picks the tear jerker clip of course, tosser

That lady is a legend how she keeps it together given the shít she's been hauled through by the mismanagement of her health

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Are GPs that stupid that they need to be told to communicate vital information to their patients. Joe is implying that this woman's doctor should have been told explicitly to tell her of the revised test result!

That's apparently the nub of the issue, unbelievable as it sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,586 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I don't really see what the problem is/was regarding telling the patients. False positives and false negatives are part of any testing system, and anyone who knows anything about it, knows that as an absolute basic part.
    If various fecking idiots had simply manned up and told people, "Look, there's a possibility of a feckup, so we'd like to run that again", most people would simply have said, "OK then, let's give it another go."
    This screw-up is the kind of crap that happens when the medical establishment is run by a bunch of paternalistic twats.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    Fair play but those 206 women might have thought just like you up until today

They might, but I'm still not stressing about it.

Absolutely no point

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

"You are very articulate"- unlike you Joe, he thinks anyone that can say their words properly so to speak and not mumble is "articulate"

meep wrote: »
    It's still difficult to figure out what actually happened here. (and this interview isn't really helping very much).

I heard the head of service on Morning ireland this morning. She is NOT a good communicator which hasn't helped her cause but it does sound like there were various checks put in place but when anomolies were found, the service let the doctors know but then spent up to a year squabbling about who should be telling the patients.

I think that seems to be the biggest issue here and seem to be what the minister for health is planning to address in legislation.

It is not up to the HSE or the Minister for Health to interfere in the relationship between a doctor and a patient.

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    I don't really see what the problem is/was regarding telling the patients. False positives and false negatives are part of any testing system, and anyone who knows anything about it, knows that as an absolute basic part.

You'd think, wouldn't you but apprantely, that was the problem. Cervical Check had checks and balances in place (eg, they get notified when instances of cancer are reported, then they go back and check the patient's previous scans to see if they can make the process better).

As part of this series of checks and balances, the found 200+ cases where false negatives were originally returned. They let the main clinician know in all cases but the message, in some/many cases stopped there.

Hard to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

has Joe got seagulls in the studio?

Unlikely. Too common. He'll only eat Swan, don't you know.

As part of this series of checks and balances, the found 200+ cases where false negatives were originally returned. They let the main clinician know in all cases but the message, in some/many cases stopped there.

Hard to believe.

It is incredible that such vital information was withheld from the patients, and if it was the result of a trivial disagreement over who should tell them, then arses should be kicked and heads should roll.

Bats in the attic.

'people can speak freely on this programme' hahahahahahaha

Joe sounds like my 2 year old niece with the 'WOW' thrown in ever now and then

• Advertisement

Sounds like the aviation industry has it figured out. On the face of it it sounds like complete common sense.

That just went over Joe's head, and he couldn't wait to get back to the glomming.

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    That just went over Joe's head, and he couldn't wait to get back to the glomming.

Aviation tends to go over most people's heads, in fairness.;)

Joe is some sicko. She says she may get notice of a terminal prognosis , and then asks how do you feel about that

Sounds like the aviation industry has it figured out. On the face of it it sounds like complete common sense.

Part of the aviation process is "anonymous reporting" of incidents, where the incident is used for educational purposes and no blame attached, or parties identified.
    I don't have URLs to hand right now, but you can find them easily enough on FAA, CAA and associated websites.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Aviation tends to go over most people's heads, in fairness.;)

Though they did offer the HSE a pilot scheme, so to speak.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Ah yeah, they'll establish the facts all right...and then cover them up.

I can hear the broom closet being opened and the carpet lifted right now.

It might have grown back.

:eek:

Could Mary just not have showed up, and moved on

• Advertisement

The mgmt will resign, on full pension, nextttttt

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement