Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lahvlahn: The "Snow Show Like a Joe Show" Edition - 01/03 two-eighteen so to speak

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

meep wrote: »
    Ad break dere had

-Badgers selling radio ads

No money towards Joes reasonable fees dere, so to speak.

(BTW, does anyone get that badger ad? Is it a quote from a fairy tale or something?)

Magical scrotums.

https://hyakumonogatari.com/category/tanuki-stories/

• Registered Users Posts: 82,710 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A youthful Joe at 20 seconds?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

A youthful Joe at 20 seconds?

De embodiment of poacher turned gamekeeper so to speak. Funnily enough, de accent wasn't quite as Dubalin back den as it is now so to speak.....I wunder whoy? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Fateen looks like the bastard child of Pat Kenny and Mr Bean in that clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,586 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

De embodiment of poacher turned gamekeeper so to speak. Funnily enough, de accent wasn't quite as Dubalin back den as it is now so to speak.....I wunder whoy? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

He was probably poshing his voice up by rubbing shoulders with de elite of de country, so to speak, at Trinners.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    He was probably poshing his voice up by rubbing shoulders with de elite of de country, so to speak, at Trinners.

He likely tawt dat Gaybo was a Doctor, a Brit, or a British Doctor.

For de newbies, Joe puts on de posh voyis for Doctors and de callers from de Yew Kay and dat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Lot less chins back then too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Lot less chins back then too. :D

U Can't say DAT

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Uncharted wrote: »
    Fateen looks like the bastard child of Pat Kenny and Mr Bean in that clip.

I'm gonna be banished into the wilderness for saying I think the young Joe was quiet hansome in his heyday.

Whatever happened to John Farrell, seen in the clip. He was a regular in the audience iirc. Last I heard of him Gerry Ryan spoke to him on his show from time to time.

Can somebody tell me please who the last speaker in the clip was, her name is on the tip of my tongue sotospeak.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    I'm gonna be banished into the wilderness for saying I think the young Joe was quiet hansome in his heyday.

Whatever happened to John Farrell, seen in the clip. He was a regular in the audience iirc. Last I heard of him Gerry Ryan spoke to him on his show from time to time.

Can somebody tell me please who the last speaker in the clip was, her name is on the tip of my tongue sotospeak.

EXPUNGE EXPUNGE

• Advertisement

I’m technically visually impaired caller, I’m sorry for passing my difference on to you through de medium of boards.ie amd dat. I know all de best eye doctors in Ireland and de Yew Kay, I can send you dare details if you like?

I can only assume dis difference was set upon you suddenly and dat? Or were you under de influence of de demon drink when you made a comment re. his looks?

Ah I know wat it is.....you’re wan a dem Golddiggers dat Kanye West was warning de Chung fellas about! After his munny ya are and dat!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭morebarn2

Im fairly sure it was Anna Raybourne. She was an agony aunt and columnist.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,030 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Raeburn.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

I’m technically visually impaired caller, I’m sorry for passing my difference on to you through de medium of boards.ie amd dat. I know all de best eye doctors in Ireland and de Yew Kay, I can send you dare details if you like?

I can only assume dis difference was set upon you suddenly and dat? Or were you under de influence of de demon drink when you made a comment re. his looks?

Ah I know wat it is.....you’re wan a dem Golddiggers dat Kanye West was warning de Chung fellas about! After his munny ya are and dat!

Sir...you jest, you divil you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Jaysus!

Who is the skinny lad early on with the teeth like a pan of burnt chips?

A nice dig-een at the RTE Orchestra and other digs at RTE on the last Callan's Kicks for some time so to speak. It's available on de app on yer EYEfone and EYEpads and dat.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,235 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Can someone submit @namawinelake the goss on Joe and his fees, his workload, his obsessions. In particular, Joe's excessive workload in 2-17.

Looks like de buke vanity project/cash cow is back on, with a co-author no less (will have to share de glory...and de readies):

From his own Twitter:
    Writing Children Of the Troubles 1968-98 with @freyamcc , Liveline radio 1850-715-815 joe@rte.ie All info appreciated joed1916@gmail.com Retweet’s for info.

From hers so to speak:
    Writing Children of the Troubles with @talktojoe1850 short fiction @GuildhallPress journalist @IrishTimes @IrishTimesBooks documentaries @BBCRadio4

No doubt dis will be covered on twoday's show :rolleyes:

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/rte-spent-over-200000-for-guests-on-three-flagship-shows-36858266.html

RTE spent more than €200,000 on guest fees for three of its flagship shows last year.

New figures show that guest fees came to €105,312 for The Late Late Show and €83,359 for the Ray D'Arcy Show, while the costs were much lower for its current affairs show, Prime Time, at €12,976.

The figures were released under the Freedom of Information Act (FOI), and the broadcaster said: "In general, RTE pays for guests - which includes contributors and musicians - to appear on their entertainment programmes. However, where the guest is promoting a film, album, programme or book etc, no fee is usually paid."
    It said the total spent last year in relation to guests on The Late Late Show and the Ray D'Arcy Show included contributors, musicians and band acts.

Meanwhile, the information released said that Prime Time, which is hosted by Miriam O'Callaghan and David McCullagh, "generally does not pay guests for appearing on the programme, and only pays contributor fees to journalists and independent experts".
    It said that political representatives who appeared on Prime Time are not paid a fee.

2018-04-30_new_40538115_I2.JPG Ryan Tubridy

The newly released figures also revealed that the two shows splashed out tens of thousands on hospitality.
    The "Green Room" bill came to €20,765 for The Late Late Show, hosted by Ryan Tubridy, last year, compared to €13,124 for the Ray D'Arcy show.

Sandwiches, finger food, tea and coffee, beer, wine, spirits, soft drinks and water, as well as glass and crockery hire were all included.
    However, the bill for both shows was significantly higher when it came to audience hospitality, with The Late Late having costs of €36,942 and the Ray D'Arcy show spending €33,510.

When it came to the amount spent on guest travel last year, the bill racked up for the Ray D'Arcy show was even higher, at €72,333 last year over the course of its 32 episodes. The bill for the The Late Late Show, with 37 episodes, came to €68,214.

By contrast, the bill for Prime Time came to just €487, despite there being 83 episodes of the flagship programme.

The figures provided for guest travel included flights, accommodation and ground transportation, but did not include taxis.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

The figures provided for guest travel included flights, accommodation and ground transportation, but did not include taxis.

Bicycles?

:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Darcy probably made them run to the studio.

On twoday's show:
    • Serve-vy-ickle cancer
    Dat's it. A whole show dedicated to de cancer and dat. The nipple clamps will be worn out by 3 and dare'll be many power outages in D4 due to the enormous voltage required to power de electric chair. I for one won't be listening.

BONUS NEW DUBALIN WURD: "fetched up" = turned up/attended. Fateen fetched up at wurk twoday so to speak.....and whoy woodn't he sez you on dose fees wha?

Camp voyis? Of course! Of course!

De Brand NEW & IMPROVED so to speak 2-18 Joe Duffy Wurkday Calculator and dat:

Wurkdays in 2-18 and dat: 83
    Joe Shows: 69
    No Show Joe Shows: 14
    Breakeens 4 Joe: 14

PBH (de full-time host of de show) Shows: 9
    PBH guest appearances and dat: 1
    D'Omen Shows: 4
    AN Udder Shows: 0
    Good Fryday No Show by nobody at all at all: 1

NEW FEATURE SO TO SPEAK:
    Fateen's Estimated Fees (De FEF Matrix so to speak) to date dis year: €172,500*
    (not including de EXTRA FEES for 3 days of De Beast From De East TV + Radio Simulcast Xtravaganza + likely "Danger Money" for travelling to and from wurk in de snow and dat).

King-World-News-WTF-Is-Going-On-Here-864x400_c.jpg
    *de fees are calculated at €2,500 per show x days dat Fateen is in so to speak. Dose fees are likely conservative and outdated as day are 2 years old so to speak.
    I'm including Good Fryday as a Wurkday as it is not an official Bank Holiday/Holiday Day. Even Pat Kenny is in Newstalk FFS, but no-one in RTE of course of course.

Bicycles?

:pac::pac:

More likely helicopters or private jets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

If it’s the Cervical topic , it’ll be an hour of deep sighs etc . So I’ll be out pretty quickly .

• Registered Users Posts: 39,586 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Will there be any COMPEN for this, Joe?
    Form an orderly queue, please.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

What prompted you to phone..:(
    Great question

• Registered Users Posts: 11,590 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Oops69 wrote: »
    If it’s the Cervical topic , it’ll be an hour of deep sighs etc . So I’ll be out pretty quickly .

I'd say it'll be 75 minutes of The Ghoul digging for corpses.

I think I'll go do something productive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

They shouldn’t really let this clutz handle this sensitive topic .

• Advertisement

What prompted you to phone..:(
    Great question

Caller: I was hoping you'd give us a preview of your upcoming book about the violent deaths of children in Northern Ireland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement