Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lahvlahn: The "Snow Show Like a Joe Show" Edition - 01/03 two-eighteen so to speak

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

3 year smears are a joke. Should be yearly. Demand it of pay for it.

Should be an independent inquiry into this. Minister at the time needs to be interviewed.

What an insensitive boll.x to the plight of these women. Patrick lupynch needs to go ...end of

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Who set this up back in the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

They love gagging clauses in this country, especially the religious orders

• Advertisement

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Yes, especially the medical staff who are the ones who messed up with this issue..........oh wait, I forgot that you can't criticise medical people, only politicians and administrators!

I have cause to be very critical of medical people in recent times. After they delayed an emergency strangulated hernia operation for a few days until I developed peritonitis and dead bowel, they then forgot to prescribe/give me ANY painkiller after surgery until I developed heart attack from the stress of the pain. They had put call bell out of me reach, so fellow patient called on my behalf when my screams became too much. That was a month ago in a major southside Dublin Hospital in colorectal ward, to be avoided if one can! But of course they were “all angels”

This Tony O'Brien waste of space is fúcking off out of the HSE soon isn't he

• Registered Users Posts: 39,586 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Feck, Joe.
    The woman was describing something very pertinent, you cut her off to play a fecking clip.
    YOU UTTER BOZO.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Tony O'Brien is talking like he is picking up an oscar ffs, thank this and thank that

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

HSE waffler more important than your story missus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Isn't it marvellous the way this Tony O'Brien character has presided over one fiasco after another in the HSE and is being allowed to walk off into the sunset with a golden handshake - details yet to be revealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

O it's a screening test not a diagnostic test....well sure that explains it then.

Why do they all sound like dey are phoning from de moon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

You know, soapbox Joe should think about writing bukes, so to speak.

I say this because his sentence structures are so intricate and convoluted that it's impossible to follow them when spoken and they would need to be read (several times) to have any chance at following the meaning.

Why do they all sound like dey are phoning from de moon?

Low bandwidth, highly compressed audio on a marginal radio link.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Isn't it marvellous the way this Tony O'Brien character has presided over one fiasco after another in the HSE and is being allowed to walk off into the sunset with a golden handshake - details yet to be revealed.

Ireland 2018

Fingleton
    Neary
    Molloy

To name but a few

Heretofore must be De Wurd o De Day in Joe's Big Buke o Wurds, an' dat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

So I presume we outsourced it to save a few shillings while RTE continued to spend money like its ****ing water....?

162 women not told and 17 are dead

Great. Farcy continues the misery. BBC 4 >>>>>>^

Dan Jaman wrote: »

Must have heard it somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

So I presume we outsourced it to save a few shillings while RTE continued to spend money like its ****ing water....?

162 women not told and 17 are dead

Think it costs 1/3 the price to do tests in the US versus here.

Figures sound bad, but do bear in mind that >1000 cases were reviewed because the women developed cancer. In ~200 of those cases, it emergend that a previous test was misread or miscommunicated as negative when in fact it could have been construed as positive. It was the communication of this fact (the review outcome) that was delayed, not the original test result. So the delay in communicating the review result in and of itself did not necessarily cause the women to develop cancer or die (as I understand it, they all had a cancer diagnosis at that point).

The main issue would have been if the original result had been correct. That's the main issue but discussions seem to get bogged down in the whys and wherefores of the review result, not the effacy of the test itself and why 20% of a smaple of women who developed cancer had a previous test that was, on review, incorrectly read as negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Liveline 2: The Full D'Arcy

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Del.Monte wrote: »

Are you new here to this country? :pac:
    meep wrote: »
    You know, soapbox Joe should think about writing bukes, so to speak.

I say this because his sentence structures are so intricate and convoluted that it's impossible to follow them when spoken and they would need to be read (several times) to have any chance at following the meaning.

Are you new here? :pac:
    Dan Jaman wrote: »

'Heretofore' may be de wurd, but 'fetched up' was de phrase.

page1_varadkar.JPG

Cervical cancer scandal? HSE in crisis? It was like that when I got here!

(with acknowledgements to Oliver Callan).

POSSIBLY coming up on twoday's show:

• Serve-vy-ickle Cancer and dat so to speak
    • DEATH and dat so to speak
    • De Helplahn is not a helplahn at all at all sez he it's an answerin' masheen and dat so to speak
    • Blood donations - peeple were refused to, refused so to speak (he made an awful bollox of trying to get those words out) because they were bi-polar and dat
    • Dr. Duffy also proclaimed that bi-polar is depression. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    • Babe in arms - family refused entry to hotel - WHOY sez he?
    • Buke plugging and dat so to speak

Camp voyis outro? Need you ask?

De Brand NEW & IMPROVED so to speak 2-18 Joe Duffy Wurkday Calculator and dat:

Wurkdays in 2-18 and dat: 84
    Joe Shows: 70
    No Show Joe Shows: 14
    Breakeens 4 Joe: 14

PBH (de full-time host of de show) Shows: 9
    PBH guest appearances and dat: 1
    D'Omen Shows: 4
    AN Udder Shows: 0
    Good Fryday No Show by nobody at all at all: 1

NEW FEATURE SO TO SPEAK:
    Fateen's Estimated Fees (De FEF Matrix so to speak) to date dis year: €175,000*
    (not including de EXTRA FEES for 3 days of De Beast From De East TV + Radio Simulcast Xtravaganza + likely "Danger Money" for travelling to and from wurk in de snow and dat).

King-World-News-WTF-Is-Going-On-Here-864x400_c.jpg
    *de fees are calculated at €2,500 per show x days dat Fateen is in so to speak. Dose fees are likely conservative and outdated as day are 2 years old so to speak.
    I'm including Good Fryday as a Wurkday as it is not an official Bank Holiday/Holiday Day. Even Pat Kenny is in Newstalk FFS, but no-one in RTE of course of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Won't even bother tuning in today. The gravity of these topics of late are WAY above Joes intellect.
    He should stick to discussing African house eating snails and putting on fake accents to catch rogue landlords....
    Fateen makes me cringe when I hear his faux concern and breathy gasps, whilst he crawls through people's tragedies to get his morbid "death and despair" kicks.
    Ghoulish and weird.

POSSIBLY coming up on twoday's show:

• Serve-vy-ickle Cancer and dat so to speak
    • DEATH and dat so to speak
    • De Helplahn is not a helplahn at all at all sez he it's an answerin' masheen and dat so to speak
    • Blood donations - peeple were refused to, refused so to speak (he made an awful bollox of trying to get those words out) because they were bi-polar and dat
    • Dr. Duffy also proclaimed that bi-polar is depression. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    • Babe in arms - family refused entry to hotel - WHOY sez he?
    • Buke plugging and dat so to speak

Camp voyis outro? Need you ask?

Yes, my eyes popped when I heard Dr Duffy MD Psych, saying “Bipolar, ie depression”. People with Bipolar are often on Lithium and others medications, and this is possibly not compatible with donating blood, same as many other medical conditions.

De babe and in arms? We’ll have to see what dis is all about. Can’t wait for dat!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Yes, my eyes popped when I heard Dr Duffy MD Psych, saying “Bipolar, ie depression”. People with Bipolar are often on Lithium and others medications, and this is possibly not compatible with donating blood, same as many other medical conditions.

De babe and in arms? We’ll have to see what dis is all about. Can’t wait for dat!

Could be hotels not wanting troops of mothers coming in for coffee mornings and staying half the day over their lattes and dat, blocking up the place with their iCandy travel systems and dat

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

"Uncanning" like Ger

• Advertisement

Duffy getting his stab in at the "lawyers"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement