Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lahvlahn: The "Snow Show Like a Joe Show" Edition - 01/03 two-eighteen so to speak

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

Didn't we have this call yesterday?

I wanna wanna wanna wanna it done noooooowwww!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

"I'm more important than anyone else," in other words.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

Selfish, entitled and illogical

• Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

This smear thing is getting out of control...a clear smear last year (and previously ) and insisting that the GP provide another free one before the recommended time.....what happens if said smear test is reported as clear again....are you going to be happy then...??no logic to this demand.....

• Advertisement

All de angry wimmmin of Oireland form an orderly kewww up to de Dail and demaaaaand a test Immmmmmmmeeeeeeediately!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Nope no logic but sure when did Joe deal in logic. Spreading confusion and doubt for the last several days he has been.

Wud a Versatis patch on de cancer help, heard from your previous shows it helps everyting?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

highlights reel ..... :s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Ray to carry on the same theme. Do RTE not understand the concept of variety? Off switch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Ray to carry on the same theme. Do RTE not understand the concept of variety? Off switch.

And on the Late Late tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Cancer victims are cheaper than celebrities.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

BarryD2 wrote: »

It avoids the other ****ing elephant jigging about in the kitchen about RTE budgets :pac:

Covered today on Niall Boylan on 4FM by the way at the same time Joe was on.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

BPKS wrote: »
    I know this is a serious issue and it is rightly getting wall to wall coverage on the current affairs radio and TV programmes but really all we are going to get on Liveline is caller after caller with similar stories and this could go on for weeks and months if they wanted.

Its another nice handy week for Joe - no research necessary and just plenty of disgust, surprise, outrage etc. has to be shown by the host.

And a 4 day week-een next week - if he bodders to turn up at all sez you. Probably off to Le Chateau en Fwance for anudder little breakeen......
    The snooker is about to restart, thanks be to God, I'm off.

Joe: Wat colour is de cue ball?
    I had 2 stents put in in 2007, aged 30. VHI refused to pay my bill of 25K for one week in Mater, eventually the company solicitor sorted it out with them I guess they were afraid to lose the company contract

Are you free to take a call next week?
    Insurance companies are the absolute scum of the earth.
    All the money they take and they do their very best to not pay out when they f*cking know they should!

Sure with this logic they could just refuse to pay for ALL claims !!

Are you new here? :pac: If you have problems with inshure-dance companies just ring Joe and he'll sort it out for you - "foget to pay" and involved in a car crash? no problem - Joe will sort it out. Choose not to pay and yer house burns down - no problem - ring Joe with a shopping list of new items that you need and Joe will sort it out - best to have the exact brand name and model you want lined up before you go on like the Limerick caller a few years ago - I mean you wouldn't want to be settling for any auld stuff now would you in an emergency?

And best of all - according to Da Lahv Lahn - you get all de munny you've paid on premiums over de years back if you don't claim.
    meep wrote: »
    Selfish, entitled and illogical

Joe or the caller?
    highlights reel ..... :s

I caught that. A Chorus Of Pain. A Compendium of Cervical Cancer Hurtedness and dat.

UTTERLY DISGUSTING AND EXPLOITATIVE OF DE CALLERS BUT AT LEAST SOMEONE GOT THEIR KICKS.
    And on the Late Late tonight.

Jake Carter has cervical cancer? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

U Ormond produced.....

I’ve been getting very confusted dis evening lisnin to Mary Wilson on Droive Toime. I heard talk of de Smear Campaign an de Gardai, Scoping Enquiry, Servyckle cancer... so are de guards an dat campaigning for more smear tests, and does de scoping be painful and dat? I’m so confusted!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

And best of all - according to Da Lahv Lahn - you get all de munny you've paid on premiums over de years back if you don't claim.

I accidentally tuned in for a few seconds, and heard him bluffing along these very lines AGAIN - was something to do with health insurance (not sure what the exact call/complaint was, but I'm not entirely sure the caller was either), and he ended it with "......and he paid 40 or 50 grand into it over the years......." in his most plaintive tone.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH!

:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I accidentally tuned in for a few seconds, and heard him bluffing along these very lines AGAIN - was something to do with health insurance (not sure what the exact call/complaint was, but I'm not entirely sure the caller was either), and he ended it with "......and he paid 40 or 50 grand into it over the years......." in his most plaintive tone.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH!

:mad::mad::mad:

He had critical illness cover but because he only had 3 stents put in instead of 4 they wouldn’t pay out so he sez...hard to believe we are getting full facts here as per

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

He had critical illness cover but because he only had 3 stents put in instead of 4 they wouldn’t pay out so he sez...hard to believe we are getting full facts here as per

Joe: Hang on! Hang on! Don't you be givin' me any of yer auld guff. You can't say dat. You can't say dat. If you're implying dat I let callers come onto my show unchecked and dat I don't interogate dem, dare bone-ah fee-daze and dare motivation, as well as examine dare version of events in minute detail and give the udder soyde an opportunity to refute dare claims you're listening to de wrong show bucko. Often de peeple dat call in de researchers call feel like dave been waterboarded in G'wan Tan A Mo Bay such is de level of interrogation I do be do be puttin' dem true - and dare just de wans I agree wit sez I. Dare's no soft interviews or puff pieces on my show so to speak. And I absolutely do not take Press Releases or questions from interested parties and read dem out on my show as if dare me own questions. I know fer a fact Jonathan Paxman duz be listening ta me show ta learn new ways to interview de politicans and de war criminals and dat. It's like HARDTalk, but harder sez I.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,218 ✭✭✭✭zell12

RTÉ chief defends paying salaries of up to €495k to stars
    Dee Forbes pointed out that it was incumbent on presenters to ensure strong audiences in order to be attractive to advertisers.
    She also said there was a "competitive market place" for broadcasters who may go elsewhere.
    "I recognise that it looks like a lot of money but there is a lot expected of those people," she said.

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

zell12 wrote: »
    RTÉ chief defends paying salaries of up to €495k to stars
    Dee Forbes pointed out that it was incumbent on presenters to ensure strong audiences in order to be attractive to advertisers.
    She also said there was a "competitive market place" for broadcasters who may go elsewhere.
    "I recognise that it looks like a lot of money but there is a lot expected of those people," she said.

There's a lot expected alright.
    When are they going to start delivering

'May go elsewhere'. Let them on so . .

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

zell12 wrote: »

I wish they would. We could get some keen, fresh faces in (assuming they're not green enough to be bamboozled by the shysters, con-artists, bagmen and general chancers that are likely to scent fresh blood).
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 25,218 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Tsk tsk tsk. pot black kettle
    l890XfY.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Coming soon 'Get-a-grip' genuine rubber gloves with honeycomb technology for the man on the go sotospeak.

For all those little jobs the wife is not inclined to do ;-)

'Get-a-grip' remember the name.

Special Loiveline offer, buy one get one free.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Coming soon 'Get-a-grip' genuine rubber gloves with honeycomb technology for the man on the go sotospeak.

For all those little jobs the wife is not inclined to do ;-)

'Get-a-grip' remember the name.

Special Loiveline offer, buy one get one free.

Foyver Friday material caller.........?

Uncharted wrote: »
    Foyver Friday material caller.........?

I've been known for many things down the years but hawking cheap tat is not one of them sir, my Deluxe 'Get-a-grip' rubber relief gloves with honeycomb technology are more suited to Shopping channel land clientele.

A foiver indeed, a foiver wouldn't even get you a look at my merchandise.

You can beam me up now Scotty....when you're ready :-)

Roll on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    I've been known for many things down the years but hawking cheap tat is not one of them sir, my Deluxe 'Get-a-grip' rubber relief gloves with honeycomb technology are more suited to Shopping channel land clientele.

A foiver indeed, a foiver wouldn't even get you a look at my merchandise.

You can beam me up now Scotty....when you're ready :-)

will you do just a left hand one for 2.50?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

I drove by the registered address for CladdaghGreen Limited today, which I presume also serves as Chateaux Duffy.
    It looks like a modest little gaf, not what I thought Lord Duffy would reside, and no Jag outside.
    Does he have his palatial mansion elsewhere ?

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    will you do just a left hand one for 2.50?

How do I put dis delicately.....whoy ?

G'night !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement