Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lahvlahn: The "Snow Show Like a Joe Show" Edition - 01/03 two-eighteen so to speak

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I drove by the registered address for CladdaghGreen Limited today, which I presume also serves as Chateaux Duffy.
    It looks like a modest little gaf, not what I thought Lord Duffy would reside, and no Jag outside.
    Does he have his palatial mansion elsewhere ?

That's just the gatekeepers lodge
    Mena Mitty wrote: »
    How do I put dis delicately.....whoy ?

G'night !

So it feels like someone else's hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,687 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Interesting questions asked by Michael O'Doherty about de RTE...
    2. How can RTE justify treating its presenters as contractors, when they would seem to fit the description of employees under just about every employment law test?

Through this cosy arrangement, the Revenue has missed out on the €2m in PRSI contributions that RTE would otherwise have paid in the past 10 years.

Despite the fact that it has been a glaringly obvious anomaly for decades, Ms Forbes has announced that it is only now being reviewed.

3. Why does RTE continue to trot out the line that paying high salaries is necessary because its stars could earn so much more elsewhere?

RTE never gives an example of a former RTE employee leaving the station and securing a better paid job abroad, because there isn’t one.

When they did stand firm and let Pat Kenny go to a rival station, did their ratings drop? No – Sean O’Rourke has held on to all of his radio listenership, at a vastly-reduced salary cost.

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/michael-odoherty-seven-questions-that-rte-boss-dee-forbes-must-answer-36881194.html

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

^^^^if people willingly tune into Ray Darcy it seems clear that Rte listenership is unconnected to talent. You could have any moron droning on and as long as it was being broadcast on 88.5 people will tune in.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

^^^^if people willingly tune into Ray Darcy it seems clear that Rte listenership is unconnected to talent. You could have any moron droning on and as long as it was being broadcast on 88.5 people will tune in.

For his salary / fees, you could hire a dozen clueless bumblers.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

thanks for that AD. Interesting questions. O'Doherty pointed out one of the things that has always really bugged me about the RTE "contractors". I've heard Joe Duffy say in the past "Oh I'm a contractor and I get paid FEES, but I could be out of a job at any stage if somebody in RTE decides so". Now, if Duffy was working for a private radio station this would certainly be true, but to say that there is any chance of him being dropped by RTE is disingenuous in the extreme. There is simply no history of this. And if he was at a private radio station, he would be allowed to promote all of his wares and shout out his own personal Twitter address on company time.
    If I was running RTE and he mentioned his own books or Twitter handle, I would deduct it from his wages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,030 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Radio 1 only gets 26% of the adult audience on that Co Dublin frequency.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hmmmmmmmmmm.
    Certain parts of that looks word for word like a version of a letter crafted by “a concerned member of the public” that was sent to numerous TDs and Senators (and journalists) on more than one occasion in recent years......I’d imagine there’s more revenue-related information in the full version of the letter too.

I wonder who would craft such a letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

What has the tag line under the pic of Dee Forbes got to do with the article?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,687 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hmmmmmmmmmm.
    Certain parts of that looks word for word like a version of a letter crafted by “a concerned member of the public” that was sent to numerous TDs and Senators (and journalists) on more than one occasion in recent years......I’d imagine there’s more revenue-related information in the full version of the letter too.

I wonder who would craft such a letter?

What colour was the crafted letter? :D

What colour was the crafted letter? :D

I have no idea caller.....

• Advertisement

Ronan playing Ricky Nelson's "Garden Party" which contains de line "Can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself"; Fateen would be certainly be living his life by de latter part of dat anyway so to speak. We den had a surreal moment wit a John Wayne intro.......a bit like de Reggie/Ronnie Kray "Open your eyes" tape tbh.

Anyway, POSSIBLY coming up on twoday's show:
    • 34years ago (yesterday so to speak and dat) anne Lovett gave burth to a babby in Grann-Ard sez he, and she'd be 50 dis year
    • Visitor so to speak and dat had property stolen from her car in de city centre and dat
    • Dubalin is an unadulterated kip and overwhlemed wit de unwell so to speak and dat
    • Wat do you do if you have a relative whos is buried beside udder relatives so to speak and dat dat he didn't like? We hear from a caller who wants de body eggs-oooomed and dat and put in anudder grave
    In a nutshell: DEATH (from 34 years ago), CROYME, DUBALIN IS A KIP, DE UNWELL, AND GRAVES - a fairly normal show so to speak.

Camp voyis outro? Do you even need to ask?

De Brand NEW & IMPROVED so to speak 2-18 Joe Duffy Wurkday Calculator and dat:

Wurkdays in 2-18 and dat: 88
    Joe Shows: 74
    No Show Joe Shows: 14
    Breakeens 4 Joe: 14

PBH (de full-time host of de show) Shows: 9
    PBH guest appearances and dat: 1
    D'Omen Shows: 4
    AN Udder Shows: 0
    Good Fryday No Show by nobody at all at all: 1

NEW FEATURE SO TO SPEAK:
    Fateen's Estimated Fees (De FEF Matrix so to speak) to date dis year:
    AT LEAST €185,000*

(not including de EXTRA FEES for 3 days of De Beast From De East TV + Radio Simulcast Xtravaganza + likely "Danger Money" for travelling to and from wurk in de snow and dat).

King-World-News-WTF-Is-Going-On-Here-864x400_c.jpg
    *de fees are calculated at €2,500 per show x days dat Fateen is in so to speak. Dose fees are likely conservative and outdated as day are 2 years old so to speak.
    I'm including Good Fryday as a Wurkday as it is not an official Bank Holiday/Holiday Day. Even Pat Kenny is in Newstalk FFS, but no-one in RTE of course of course.

Just a walk around de bay dis morning to get ready for de show:
    giphy.gif
    Den makin' me way to Montrose and dat:
    giphy.gif
    And checking De EYEfone for any messages from Yew:
    giphy.gif
    Call us now...or alternatively don't, and de researchers will find you on Facebuke or Twitter and we'll call you.

Won't be in twoday callers.....enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Hopefully there will be no more Joe style, sur- vy-hick-all cancer talk and I'll be able to listen to this day.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Uncharted wrote: »
    Hopefully there will be no more Joe style, sur- vy-hick-all cancer talk and I'll be able to listen to this day.

We better get gold this week! I'm off work and can listen in so sadly I'd say it'll be rubbish!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Same as that PC7. Been very busy the last few weeks and luckily only got snippets. Hoping for some entertainment this week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

pc7 wrote: »
    We better get gold this week! I'm off work and can listen in so sadly I'd say it'll be rubbish!

YOU CAN'T SAY THAT! ! ! !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

WHOIY?

sligojoek wrote: »
    Same as that PC7. Been very busy the last few weeks and luckily only got snippets. Hoping for some entertainment this week

Ye're setting yersleves up to be severely disappointed. Lahv Lahn Gold comes when ye least expect it. Asking for it almost always leads to disappointment and dat. Take care now petals, dja hear me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Death straight in

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Ah FFS......

A self confessed nut

I don't believe he was told who handed it in

To make a long story short and a pointless story pointed... is there any chance of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

You're not famous- am sure no one gave a shiny sh1te what was in your file and no one knew about your "difference" so to speak until you came on the radio and told everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Looking for compo more like

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Aha! Compo claim pending?

Joe's researcher's been rooting around to find those who would have been satisfied with an apology, and all they could find was a bloke with a lost file.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Compo?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement