Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lahvlahn: The "Snow Show Like a Joe Show" Edition - 01/03 two-eighteen so to speak

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

So just back to that woman on earlier, she said she lost a child at birth - and she would go through it again ???

So she would put the child through suffering (and herself) all over again ?

What is it with christians and their need for SUFFERING ????

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Sorry Eileen but your call was boring

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

So just back to that woman on earlier, she said she lost a child at birth - and she would go through it again ???

So she would put the child through suffering (and herself) all over again ?

What is it with christians and their need for SUFFERING ????

Jesus did it, so must they

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

That English w*nker on the Skoda ad really gets on my nerves. Could they not find an Irish guy to do the voiceover?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Just a little nixer says I to make ends meet, me a poor wuking man and dat wit a wurking class wurk ettic so to speak:
    https://twitter.com/ReputationInc/status/993964862287024129

I'd love to know what de fees for such a prestigious celebrity to grace your event are. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

That English w*nker on the Skoda ad really gets on my nerves. Could they not find an Irish guy to do the voiceover?

I'm open to correction on this anthony, but I think he's actually Irish.....I thought it was Donald Helme who did the VO (voiceover) on them but I was corrected some months back on that. Can whoever corrected me help on this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭boardise

What colour is your Citigo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

sligojoek wrote: »
    What colour are the cuckoos?

Looks like a lighter shade of Palmarian puce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Expunge

I'm open to correction on this anthony, but I think he's actually Irish.....I thought it was Donald Helme who did the VO (voiceover) on them but I was corrected some months back on that. Can whoever corrected me help on this one?

With pleasure Butters. As I was tellin your researcher there, the corporate voice of Skoda for a number of years (even before Liveline) is the actor Brian de Salvo. I believe he is Irish and has lived in the South East for many a long year. He is a working actor with a long list of credits to his name and I have even heard him in the past doing the odd update from League of Ireland games in the old days of Winter Soccer on Sunday Sport.

Thank you and God bless. Keep the Faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Expunge

Don't you worry about that Anthony. He's just an actor moochin around looking for a VO gig. He won't be back when Skoda finish up the deal, D'ya hear me?

Have ya someone there to make a cuppa tee for ya, petal?

• Advertisement

Expunge wrote: »
    With pleasure Butters. As I was tellin your researcher there, the corporate voice of Skoda for a number of years (even before Liveline) is the actor Brian de Salvo. I believe he is Irish and has lived in the South East for many a long year. He is a working actor with a long list of credits to his name and I have even heard him in the past doing the odd update from League of Ireland games in the old days of Winter Soccer on Sunday Sport.

Thank you and God bless. Keep the Faith.

Well spotted caller, tanks for yer service, d'ja heer me?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Just a little nixer says I to make ends meet, me a poor wuking man and dat wit a wurking class wurk ettic so to speak:

I'd love to know what de fees for such a prestigious celebrity to grace your event are. :rolleyes:

Effervescent...well bubbles do cost extra,likely Champagne prices than Prosecco so to speak

> 10,000 new balls please?

Does a mod have to start a new thread...so to speak?

My suggestion for the new thread title:

Da Lahv Lahn Smears4Tears Thread sponsored by Versatis Wunder Patches 11th May 2-18 anon so to speak

Usually the way but I don’t see why we can’t

Usually the way but I don’t see why we can’t

I messaged wan a dem dare now to get de finger out and dat......

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

What colour is the new thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Potential new thread titles so to speak.......

"The smears of a clown"

"You say potato,I say Versatis"

"Footprints in the custard"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

How about "The Presbytery"?

CPL 593H

• Advertisement

Another thread title suggestion here callers.....

"Gettin' a bit of an oul buzz goin' round the place,sez I ", sponsored by the new NippleClamp3000.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Plenty of oul' guff there in the suggestions callers....well done well done !

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Plenty of oul' guff there in the suggestions callers....well done well done !

A-ha! Well spotted Mena. You're doin' a wunderfull,fantastic,fabulous and grate grate grate job petal.

POSSIBLY coming up on twoday's show:
    • Serve-vy-kill CANCER again for a change so to speak
    • Tony O'Brien tweets being anaylsed by Joe - I hope you're open to such scrutiny yerself Joe
    • Digs at de HSE, FG and Leo all within the furst minute of de promo - well done! Well done!
    • Fambillee torn apart and dat so to speak by de referendum about de ting we don't talk about. Caller tells us WHOY she's votin' no and dat.
    Camp voyis outro regardless of de CANCER story? Of course! Of course! Actually was even a little more camp dan usual twoday for some reason - de fees cheque must have cleared..

De Brand NEW & IMPROVED so to speak 2-18 Joe Duffy Wurkday Calculator and dat:

Wurkdays in 2-18 and dat: 91
    Joe Shows: 77
    No Show Joe Shows: 14
    Breakeens 4 Joe: 14

PBH (de full-time host of de show) Shows: 9
    PBH guest appearances and dat: 1
    D'Omen Shows: 4
    AN Udder Shows: 0
    Good Fryday No Show by nobody at all at all: 1

NEW FEATURE SO TO SPEAK:
    Fateen's Estimated Fees (De FEF Matrix so to speak) to date dis year:
    AT LEAST €192,500*

(not including de EXTRA FEES for 3 days of De Beast From De East TV + Radio Simulcast Xtravaganza + likely "Danger Money" for travelling to and from wurk in de snow and dat).

King-World-News-WTF-Is-Going-On-Here-864x400_c.jpg
    *de fees are calculated at €2,500 per show x days dat Fateen is in so to speak. Dose fees are likely conservative and outdated as day are 2 years old so to speak.
    I'm including Good Fryday as a Wurkday as it is not an official Bank Holiday/Holiday Day. Even Pat Kenny is in Newstalk FFS, but no-one in RTE of course of course.

Roll on nest wednizday sez he and de €200K!

Following on from the above in bold I asked someone who'd know about such things what the going rate would be for the above. Are ye sitting down now?

€25K.

I'm not joking

That's all very well n good Butters but WHOY is there no new thread today,sez I? Wha....

Following on from the above in bold I asked someone who'd know about such things what the going rate would be for the above. Are ye sitting down now?

€25K.

I'm not joking

Nearly enough for 5 pairs of trainers.

Sorry Butters,couldn't resist.

Uncharted wrote: »
    That's all very well n good Butters but WHOY is there no new thread today,sez I? Wha....

I don't know caller sez I. Maybe de mods are on a go slow?

• Advertisement

Uncharted wrote: »
    Nearly enough for 5 pairs of trainers.

Sorry Butters,couldn't resist.

Depends what you're buying!

I actually got into the following conversation last weekend when I was at a Parcel Motel collection point whilst wearing a particular pair:

Random Woman: Can I ask you a question?
    Me: Sure.
    Random Woman: Are they your runners?
    Me: Yes.
    Random Woman: Did you get them in Ireland?
    Me: No, I got them in the States.
    Random Woman: And they're men's?
    Me: Yes.
    Random Woman: They're "different".
    Me: I know, that's why I like them.
    Random Woman: Would you not wear white runners like normal men?
    Me: Ok........bye!

I think she thought I was one of de gheys TBH. I assumed she was going to ask me how to use Parcel Motel or something like that. Instead I got judged....they weren't even that flamboyant so to speak.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement