Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lahvlahn: The "Snow Show Like a Joe Show" Edition - 01/03 two-eighteen so to speak

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

sligojoek wrote: »
    His Joeship just turned up briefly on Nationwide. I didn't catch the jist of it but I think "RTE broadcaster, Joe Duffy" is doing the voiceover for an app. Something to do with tourists and Trinners and statues and monuments.

Fees? Check.
    Ego-stroking? Check.
    I could go om but I won't.....I'll save myself a potential ban. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Fees? Check.
    Ego-stroking? Check.
    I could go om but I won't.....I'll save myself a potential ban. :rolleyes:

I heard he does a lot of pro Bono work.

oh wait.. no, that was Bono.

I heard he does a lot of pro Bono work.

oh wait.. no, that was Bono.

He certainly did some pro-Bono wurk a few years ago when U2 and apple sent de wunderful, fantastic, magnificent album to all EYEChoons users for free pro-grattis so to speak giving them a whole show/75mins free advertising about it and gushing over Cedarwood Road in particular offering his own (as one artiste to anudder so to speak) critical review of de album. Every song was at least "wunderful, fantastic" (Joe's 2 favourite wurds of praise - apart from "Well done!") and some were "wunderful, fantastic" and "magnificent". He also engaged in his usual gross exaggeration stating repeatedly throughout the show that 500million people wood hear de album - and wunder where Cedarwood Road was and abour it's storee and dat - ignoring of course the fact that having an album that you don't want sent to your phne didn't mean you'd listen to it. When the publicity stunt backfired in the following days and the band and apple both apologised for the invasion of privacy of course Fateen dedicated a show to digital rights and negative PR for balance......and if you believe that last part I've 75,000 copies of a buke about dead childers to sell you.

Fateen in today.

Driving test fears - a wonderful use of the national broadcasters time so to speak.
    More Snow Heroes.
    €500 to watch 4 mooovie filllllums on eir during the storm because de fambillee were over dare limit so to speak.
    Over the edge pun re. Cliffs of Moher pricing. Well done! Well done! :rolleyes:

Camp voyis outro? Of course! Of course!

De Brand NEW & IMPROVED so to speak 2-18 Joe Duffy Wurkday Calculator and dat:

Wurkdays in 2-18 and dat: 46
    Joe Shows: 42
    No Show Joe Shows: 4
    Breakeens 4 Joe: 4

PBH (de full-time host of de show) Shows: 0
    D'Omen Shows: 4
    AN Udder Shows: 0

NEW FEATURE SO TO SPEAK:
    Estimated fees to date dis year: €105,000*
    (not including de EXTRA FEES for 3 days of De Beast From De East TV + Radio Simulcast Xtravaganza + likely "Danger Money" for travelling to and from wurk in de snow and dat).

King-World-News-WTF-Is-Going-On-Here-864x400_c.jpg
    *de fees are calculated at €2,500 per show x days dat Fateen is in so to speak. Dose fees are likely conservative and outdated as day are 2 years old so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

€500 to watch 4 mooovie filllllums on eir during the storm because de fambillee were over dare limit so to speak.

Excess usage is charged at €2.03 per GB up to a maximum of €24.40 inc VAT per month.

This will be interesting if it happens. lots of Joe pretending he knows what a byte is and algo-riddims etc

• Registered Users Posts: 39,586 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

More DEATH on the roads.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

if you don't pass after 3 you should be life-banned so to speak

• Registered Users Posts: 15,358 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Men.

Boooooo.....

When he says "take off" what do you take off so to speak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

If she too nervous to do the test, she shouldn't be driving at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

The instructer wont take anymore lessons off her, shes that good

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭MmmChocolate

Maybe if you've failed four tests there's a message coming through, hmmm?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Is der some of sort of radio presenter test?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭cozar

he had to bring Saoirse Ronan into conversation cos he couldn't do it yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Margaret.....time to put your head in his lap...wink wink......see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,989 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I'm a good driver. Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭deathtocaptcha

I'm a good driver Joe, I've failed 4 tests and have been driving for 10 years :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭MmmChocolate

"I'm a good driver. Like, it's entirely the fault of those four bastards for failing me. Not my fault at all."

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Beware of anyone who tells you "I am a good driver", especially someone who can't pass their test

• Advertisement

withless wrote: »
    Is der some of sort of radio presenter test?

Obviously not

• Registered Users Posts: 39,586 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Blatantly admits to driving around unlicenced and uninsured, then.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

she only sat it 4 times

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Her instructer refused to give her any more lessons... I suspect Margaret might be a lost cause. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,785 ✭✭✭buried

Joe just wants de authoriteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees to give this wan the licence because its all de mens fault or some f**king nonsense like that

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

5 attempts? She's obviously a ****e driver. Needs to work on her fail reasons as opposed to moaning on radio

"Don't give the test centre give the county" lol there's only one Test centre in Westmeath I'm sure

Navan is not in West Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 9,785 ✭✭✭buried

lol sounds like Joe wouldn't pass the thing either

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

lol there's only one Test centre in Westmeath I'm sure

And Navan is not it lol!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement