Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lahvlahn: The "Snow Show Like a Joe Show" Edition - 01/03 two-eighteen so to speak

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,976 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jesus Thomas from Sligo sounds like fun.

Argentina ? Oh yeah because pope frank is from there.

"You're wrong joe" bad line Caller.Oh an apology from joe. Okay Paul feck off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Standing Bear

@ anthonyjmaher

RTE always look after their own and we should remember that Mary began her career on RTE's Today Tonight. Sure only a few weeks ago there was an RTE report about this supposed Papal snub and the reporter insisted on referring to President McAleese throughout the report. As far as I'm aware it's only in the US where former presidents retain their title after leaving office.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

@ anthonyjmaher

RTE always look after their own and we should remember that Mary began her career on RTE's Today Tonight. Sure only a few weeks ago there was an RTE report about this supposed Papal snub and the reporter insisted on referring to President McAleese throughout the report. As far as I'm aware it's only in the US where former presidents retain their title after leaving office.

Doctor Mary McAleese, formerly of this parish, so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Joe: "Father Iggy, did you not text RTE today to make a point about Mary McAleese"
    Iggy: "Yes Joe, I texted Sean O'Rourke earlier".

Then Joe sounds vindicated that Iggy initiated contact. What a load of b*ll*x. Duffy should have been asked "How many of the other people who texted the Sean O'Rourke show were phoned back and teed up to appear on Liveline".

sligojoek wrote: »
    Doctor Mary McAleese, formerly of this parish, so to speak.

She’s Doctor, Professor Barry is a mere Prof
    You wouldn’t catch him saying Doc McAleese.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Joe: "Father Iggy, did you not text RTE today to make a point about Mary McAleese"
    Iggy: "Yes Joe, I texted Sean O'Rourke earlier".

Then Joe sounds vindicated that Iggy initiated contact. What a load of b*ll*x. Duffy should have been asked "How many of the other people who texted the Sean O'Rourke show were phoned back and teed up to appear on Liveline".

Shameful deck-stacking that Duffy couldn't defend no matter how much he huffed and puffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

YOU KNOW NOTHING! what what what what what
    APOLOGISE!
    Anne whats your point "anne i have been on 20 minutes joe??
    away with the fairies joe
    fiber fryday 5151.... foive?
    where are u going with this??
    bak after dese...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

dvcireland wrote: »
    Father Iggy, enjoying International Women's Day

Looking magnificent if I may say so...... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

She’s Doctor, Professor Barry is a mere Prof
    You wouldn’t catch him saying Doc McAleese.

Professor Barry is also a Doctor btw; Professor is s higher rank than Doctor so to speak.

Haven’t listened back....should I?

Ah it's a usual mad liveline with the usual religious aspect thrown in which is always fun. Also a caller tells joe he's wrong. Also a caller has a pop at RTÉ. It's worth an hour of your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Are you new here?

sligojoek wrote: »
    Are you new here?
    smilelaugh.jpg

Mother of Jaysis:

https://www.fancydresscostumeshop.ie/fancy-dress/face-masks/paper-masks/rte-face-masks/joe-duffy-face-mask.html

joe_duffy.jpg

Not enough chins. And when he reads dis on de thread there's anudder small business-een dat'll be closed unless day come to some fee arrangement so to speak.

Wouldn't it be great if some ne'er do wells went on a croyme spree wearing deeze...a la Point Break and De Presidents of De USA masks and dat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Mother of Jaysis:

https://www.fancydresscostumeshop.ie/fancy-dress/face-masks/paper-masks/rte-face-masks/joe-duffy-face-mask.html

joe_duffy.jpg

Not enough chins. And when he reads dis on de thread there's

anudder small business-een dat'll be closed unless day come to some fee arrangement so to speak.

Wouldn't it be great if some ne'er do wells went on a croyme spree wearing deeze...a la Point Break and De Presidents of De USA masks and dat.

You and others really do your selfs an injustice by posting Joe speak.
    It hard enought to listen to but to read in the post......?

Do you really need to drop to that level.?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

He's going to have a field day tomorrow trying to fit "foive wunnn foiver wun foive foiver wun" and "Kim Un Jon Yung Wun" in the same sentence.
    What's the betting he'll get his Koreas mixed up at some stage?

Jeff2 wrote: »
    You and others really do your selfs an injustice by posting Joe speak.
    It hard enought to listen to but to read in the post......?

Do you really need to drop to that level.?

“I’ve never had any complaints”. :pac:

What's the betting he'll get his Koreas mixed up at some stage?

Between East and West? Nah, he’ll be fine. :D

Part of me wonders when he sees that (we know you read the thread Joe) will he goo-gull “East and West Korea so to speak”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

RTE always look after their own and we should remember that Mary began her career on RTE's Today Tonight.

And do you know what, it's funny. Because they seem to have completely abandoned one of their CURRENT employees. (I know that he's gone at this stage but he's more current than McAleese). Not a peep about him on liveline.

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2018/0308/946084-creaven-court/

I'm guessing we will get another day out of McAleese rather than discuss this topic. He's pleaded guilty, so they can discuss it now. Well, Joe what did you know about this lad? Was there anybody in RTE who knew about this guy's activities?

And do you know what, it's funny. Because they seem to have completely abandoned one of their CURRENT employees. (I know that he's gone at this stage but he's more current than McAleese). Not a peep about him on liveline.

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2018/0308/946084-creaven-court/

I'm guessing we will get another day out of McAleese rather than discuss this topic. He's pleaded guilty, so they can discuss it now. Well, Joe what did you know about this lad? Was there anybody in RTE who knew about this guy's activities?

Well in Joe's eyes Gerry Ryan is a saint, drink driving is fine, Bertie did no wrong......................so who knows where a bit of de auld peed-o-feelya will rank on the naughty list?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

This just showed up in a promo email from Eason;

https://www.easons.com/just-joe-joe-duffy-9781848271005?utm_source=emarsys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=eCommerce_Bargain_Books_March18_2018_03_09&sc_src=email_1781053&sc_eh=6c8db457e0e9fdc61&sc_llid=37553&sc_lid=73775273&sc_uid=s5AvZIcpWt

A bargain at €3.99 for 'a memoir of a complex, passionate man.' They should put on a bundle of this and a mask for Fivor Fryday.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Why is his mouth open on the cover of his autobiography?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

meep wrote: »

https://www.easons.com/just-joe-joe-duffy-9781848271005?utm_source=emarsys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=eCommerce_Bargain_Books_March18_2018_03_09&sc_src=email_1781053&sc_eh=6c8db457e0e9fdc61&sc_llid=37553&sc_lid=73775273&sc_uid=s5AvZIcpWt

A bargain at €3.99 for 'a memoir of a complex, passionate man.' They should put on a bundle of this and a mask for Fivor Fryday.

that should help get the bbq started over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 39,586 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

neris wrote: »
    that should help get the bbq started over the weekend

That stuff's really hard to get going unless you have a pint of kerosene handy. Camel dung is probably easier.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

meep wrote: »

€3.99? RIP OFF!
    It was €1.49 in Dealz for a long, long time.

Why is his mouth open on the cover of his autobiography?

Two possibilities:
    • There was a cake behind the photographer
    • he's just open-mouthed shocked that he's been asked to write a buke seeing as he barely speaks English

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

PBH is covering for Joefus today, so should be a snoozefest!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Pbh today fateen had to lie down after the beating he got

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement