Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Redsoxfan wrote: »

Any word on schools - I have heard the secondary school in Maynooth isn't open tomorrow.

The ET, Gaelscoil, and the boys' school are closed. Don't know about the girls' school.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

By the way, went Maynooth to Liffey Valley and back yesterday afternoon and the M4/N4 were fine, all driving lanes open but bus lane was snowed over iirc.

Just seen a picture from the Gardaí on the N7 - shocked at how bad it still looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭brian_t

The ET, Gaelscoil, and the boys' school are closed. Don't know about the girls' school.

Traffic will be bad enough with people trying to get to work, I shouldn't think that KCC will want to have parents and school children added to the mix.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,097 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Went from Kilmeague to Allenwood earlier. Some really high mounds around the car sales place before the traveller's rest. Saw a jcb moving snow off the hill of Allen, heard that was a no go. Is Caragh still blocked off from the Mondello side?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

What's Captain's Hill in Leixlip like at the moment?

Anyone? Or Confey Bridge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Anyone? Or Confey Bridge?

Fine. I was up there this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭strawberrie

Is the r407 barberstown to maynooth an option for getting to wotk in the morning? Coming up n7 usually take straffan exit across to maynooth. Just drove to Dublin and back on m7/m9 and that was all good thankfully!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

Fine. I was up there this morning

Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

Is the r407 barberstown to maynooth an option for getting to wotk in the morning? Coming up n7 usually take straffan exit across to maynooth. Just drove to Dublin and back on m7/m9 and that was all good thankfully!

I heard Barberstown to Maynooth is now open but that the N7 to barberstown was not passable this afternoon, I cant find any related links on the Kildare CoCo website.

Thanks, yeah I tried kildare county council page and couldn't figure it out. Will just have to see how far I get in the morning I suppose! This will be interesting!
    I heard Barberstown to Maynooth is now open but that the N7 to barberstown was not passable this afternoon, I cant find any related links on the Kildare CoCo website.

• Advertisement

Barberstown to Maynooth should be fine assuming they opened a second track this afternoon.

But, no word on Kill to Straffan or Clane to Straffan. Former road would be very hairy unless you knew it was sorted.

I wouldn't be travelling out the Straffan road from Barberstown. It wouldn't be high up the importance list I'd say, for clearing.

Better off going M50 to M4 I'd say.

beertons wrote:
    I wouldn't be travelling out the Straffan road from Barberstown. It wouldn't be high up the importance list I'd say, for clearing.

I would have thought they would try and get a route from Naas to Maynooth clear. I would say Straffan to Clane would be the priority based on volumes.

Cheers!! Will head off early and try that m50-m4. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 68,892 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I would have thought they would try and get a route from Naas to Maynooth clear. I would say Straffan to Clane would be the priority based on volumes.

R-Roads would be the councils priority for that, so Maynooth-Barberstown-Clane-Sallins.

However they have done an utterly deplorable job clearing R roads in the North of the county so far. Celbridge to Maynooth road, the two biggest towns in the North, is one lane cleared only.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭brian_t

Barberstown to Maynooth should be fine assuming they opened a second track this afternoon.

Still one lane in places so presumably will need to be closed again at some stage tomorrow to complete the work.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Just stick to the main roads today, N4, N7 M50. Safest, not worth trying to save a half hour

Cllr McEvoy advising M4-Kilcock-Clane-Sallins for Maynooth to Naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,892 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There is no way the Maynooth ETNS or gaelscoil could have opened today - paths impassable, road still on lane. Will really need to close tomorrow too if that isn't addressed

If the 67 can't get down the road school kids can't either.

• Advertisement

Anyone know if Naas Oil are delivering? I ordered oil off them on Monday, for delivery Tuesday and it was rescheduled to Thursday. I ran out yesterday and have a 6 month old in the house.

I rang Naas oil first thing this morning, and they said it would be next Monday by the time they get to me with the backlog. Hope you got sorted dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

L1011 wrote: »
    R-Roads would be the councils priority for that, so Maynooth-Barberstown-Clane-Sallins.

However they have done an utterly deplorable job clearing R roads in the North of the county so far. Celbridge to Maynooth road, the two biggest towns in the North, is one lane cleared only.

Based on the updates from Kildare county council it seemed they spent the first 2-3 days worrying about south Kildare... eventually getting to the densely populated part of the county a day before everyone is expected to get back to work.

Roads around Celbridge this morning are still a mess. Parts of the main network to/from the M4 still not cleared to 2 lanes wide.

Car parks, play area, yards etc in both Maynooth Boys School and MPPS still covered. Footpaths on Moyglare Road as well. Will need to be a big thaw or a lot of work done today if these are to open tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

Cllr McEvoy advising M4-Kilcock-Clane-Sallins for Maynooth to Naas.

Drove that this morning at 11am. Clane to Kilcock is fine. Kilcock to Maynooth has several spots where there is only one lane cleared but traffic was light.

Traffic going from Clane to Sallins was backed up to Blackhall Stud, they are clearing the drifts on that side of the road. Sallins to Clane was slow but kept flowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Mondello road is open but only one lane free for the most part. Thankfully there was very little traffic this morning. Toughers is still a mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Mrs O needs to get from Maynooth to Jigginstown in Naas tomorrow morning. Anyone know if any work was done on the Barberstown to N7 road today or does she need to go via Clane/Sallins?

Diggers were out clearing the Straffan road today from the Glenroyal - paths and road being cleared. Heading down town later on so I'll have a look at the rest of the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Orion wrote: »
    Mrs O needs to get from Maynooth to Jigginstown in Naas tomorrow morning. Anyone know if any work was done on the Barberstown to N7 road today or does she need to go via Clane/Sallins?

Diggers were out clearing the Straffan road today from the Glenroyal - paths and road being cleared. Heading down town later on so I'll have a look at the rest of the town.

I think they were closing that road from 3-5 this evening to work on it. That's according to celbridge information page on Facebook.

Coopaloop wrote:
    I think they were closing that road from 3-5 this evening to work on it. That's according to celbridge information page on Facebook.

They are closing Maynooth to Barberstown/Straffan (again?).

Still no word on Barberstown/Straffan to Kill or to Clane for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

They are closing Maynooth to Barberstown/Straffan (again?).

Still no word on Barberstown/Straffan to Kill or to Clane for that matter.

This is the post I seen.

• Advertisement

Aye, that's the Maynooth to Barberstown/Straffan Road

Advertisement