Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow 2018

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,892 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Straffan Road is properly cleared now except the cycle lanes which are full of melting snow. Celbridge Road is not, paths still useless. Don't hold out much hope for estate roads from that...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Latest from KCC

Kill to Straffan now open 2 lanes
    Maynooth to Straffan now open 2 lanes
    Barberstown to Straffan will be cleared overnight

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

Kilcock to Maynooth (Moyglare rd) slightly flooding this morning. Much higher this evening coming home.
    https://goo.gl/maps/JFfZ8i8CHHs

Moyglare Road footpaths and the car parks/yards of both schools were still under quite a bit of snow at 6.30 this evening.

All schools are open tomorrow I believe (except maybe ET due to a water issue?), but I heard that the secondary school isn't opening until 11.30 which makes sense if it allows for time to clear foothpaths etc tomorrow morning.....but that's just my assumption.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Yeah 11:30 until 4. I think it's more to allow an inspection of the school in the morning and to give staff some extra time to get in - they live all over.

I did particularly love the 4 feet of snow dumped from the road on to the footpath at the pedestrian crossing in front of the boys school - lovely touch for kids trying to get to school. Especially ones my daughter who is in a wheelchair - she's not going in tomorrow as she can't even get out of the estate without going up the middle of the road - paths still unusable.

• Advertisement

A lot of work to clear both schools on Moyglare Road last night/this morning. Footpaths still very patchy.

Drove to Naas via Straffan and Kill. Generally fine although carriageway is narrow in parts.

Busy around Naas.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Apparently Newbridge is a disaster today. Traffic not moving in the town at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

Took me an hour and a half to get from Maynooth to Dublin 8 this morning. Good times

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

beertons wrote: »
    I rang Naas oil first thing this morning, and they said it would be next Monday by the time they get to me with the backlog. Hope you got sorted dude.

i got sorted yesterday, over a week after first ordering.

I can't help but think that if i had ordered more than 250 lt i'd have had my delivery last week.

My father lives in Leixlip too, he ordered off North City oil last Monday and was delivered to on Tuesday.

I think after 10 years custom it's time for me to say good bye to naas Oil

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,097 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'm only round the back of them, and still have to wait a week. I bought a drum and got 4 fills of it to tie me over, just incase the woman goes made heating the house. They are a big company though, and have so many lines, they're bound to have a huge customer base waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 kk2014

Does anyone know what the Straffan to Sallins road is like (the one the brings you in by Willouise)?
    I usually go that way on my route home from Maynooth to Athgarvan - under pressure time wise to get to a creche and I need to try avoid the crazy delays that I saw this morning from Clane to Sallins.

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

lordgoat wrote: »
    Apparently Newbridge is a disaster today. Traffic not moving in the town at all.

Caused by two breakdowns in the M7 roadworks at peak traffic, which caused massive tailbacks to before Newbridge and in turn caused many motorists to go via Newbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,878 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

beertons wrote: »
    You don't need lessons in using a shovel.

They got by in 82 with no problems.

This may come as a surprise to you but it isn't 1982 any more.

You ask somebody to do a task without training and you leave yourself open to a claim.

Most companies nowadays will give new employees training in how to lift a box. Why? To avoid being liable for injuries.

But yeh, you fire away and give people shovels out in the snow if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Zebra3 wrote: »

You ask somebody to do a task without training and you leave yourself open to a claim.

Most companies nowadays will give new employees training in how to lift a box. Why? To avoid being liable for injuries.

True, there's training for pretty much everything these days. The amount of training I've had to do in work, even for the simplest of tasks.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Cakes and Ale

i got sorted yesterday, over a week after first ordering.

I can't help but think that if i had ordered more than 250 lt i'd have had my delivery last week.

My father lives in Leixlip too, he ordered off North City oil last Monday and was delivered to on Tuesday.

I think after 10 years custom it's time for me to say good bye to naas Oil

Took a week to deliver too (luckily didn't run out but it was close). Awfully poor service last week with no messages and no way to find out anything. So I'm also off and looking for another company.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,892 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Gas installers will be rubbing their hands in glee.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,097 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Zebra3 wrote: »

That's the problem these days. Some People won't wipe their arse if they're not shown how to do it, or are looked after financially.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

Anyone know what the roads are like around Newbridge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

The roads aren't too bad in town and up to the Curragh is not to bad either, just take it handy.

Advertisement