Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My chair...off to be re..covered...

Options
  • 01-03-2018 7:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭

I have a chair that matches my couch...about ten years old. The leather couch started cracking about two years ago and I got it recovered by a guy I found in Navan...was quite happy with it. Last year the chair ( if it's been sat on five times is as much) started cracking so rang the same guy as I wanted the same finish. We discussed a price over the phone and he picked up the chair Christmas Eve.

However since then no chair nor indications of chair likely return. Eventually after me ringing and texting I got a reply to say that he was waiting on the exact colour, the chair was stripped, there were three customers ahead of me...and he'd be in touch sometime soon!

I know I have very little recourse. We did agree a price verbally but that was on the basis of a week turnaround. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

You can certainly call in and insist he gives you a date. If it is so hard to get the right colour ask to see alternatives. Worst case, collect the chair and find someone else.

Advertisement