Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas boiler service refund

Options
  • 01-03-2018 8:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭

At the start of feb I paid €89 for a gas boiler service. It was booked in for the following week. We got a call to say to that the service would have to be pushed back almost 3 weeks. On Monday last, the technician arrived and refused to service the boiler as it was in the attic, saying it was inaccessible. The boiler was installed last year and a specific walkway was installed at the same time due to regulations citing correct access required. The technician said he would be unable to bring a toolbox up a ladder. The same ladder that some lad brought an entire gas boiler up.

Anyway, I called customer care and they sounded surprised at this and offered a refund. I’ve just received the refund in my account but it’s €30 short. Can someone look into his please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige B

Hi there,

We're sorry to read this.

We are currently limited in our access at the moment due to the Red Alert weather warning, but would be happy to look into this for you when we can.

Could you please send us a private message with your details (full name, account number, address, telephone number or date of birth, and confirmation you are the account holder)?

We will then look into your query when we can.

Thanks,
    Brige

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Hi there,

We are currently limited in our access at the moment due to the Red Alert weather warning, but would be happy to look into this for you when we can.

Could you please send us a private message with your details (full name, account number, address, telephone number or date of birth, and confirmation you are the account holder)?

Thanks,
    Brige
    Absolutely - there is no urgency on this at all. I'll send the PM but no hurry on it at all! :) 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Hi there,

Thanks,
    Brige
    Absolutely - there is no urgency on this at all. I'll send the PM but no hurry on it at all! :) 
    Have you got it sorted (attic service) ?

Advertisement