Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full site not working properly

Options
  • 01-03-2018 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, latest threads or my threads just showing blank on my oneplus 5t.
    Is there an issue on your side by any chance?

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi blade1,

There may have been some technical issues in the evening because of spikes in traffic. However, things should be back to normal now. Could you clear your cache for me and/or try a different browser to see if that helps. What browser are you using to access Boards? And I assume it's touch.boards.ie that you're using?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Hi blade1,

There may have been some technical issues in the evening because of spikes in traffic. However, things should be back to normal now. Could you clear your cache for me and/or try a different browser to see if that helps. What browser are you using to access Boards? And I assume it's touch.boards.ie that you're using?

Hi Mark,
    It's the full site I prefer on my mobile.
    Clear cache/history did nothing but I tried puffin browser and it works fine on that.
    Not working on Chrome though.
    Would you know why not?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Are you using Adblock Plus on Chrome?

No,
    Was working fine all along.
    This is what I get now2nal20k.jpg

Boards.ie Employee

Hmmm, all working fine for me. Will keep an eye out for any other reports. Do you have any add-ons / extensions installed?

• Advertisement

No Mark.
    Also this I the way it is using legacy site
    sdzcc6.jpg

Got it going now.
    Had to go through a few different ways ie touch/responsive/legacy while while switching on and off desktop site in chrome settings.
    Cheers!

Boards.ie Employee

Very strange, but glad to hear that you got it working properly in the end.

Happening again but it seems it's cloudfare causing it.
    Everyone I try to go to boards homepage couldfare pops checking my browser.
    This takes 20-30 seconds and when it's done it switches desktop site in my chrome settings.
    Have no boards content until I switch desktop site back on in settings.
    Happening now nearly everytime I come out of a thread.
    It's a right pain.

Boards.ie Employee

Hi blade1,

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble accessing the site. Is it just limited to Chrome?

With the sudden spikes in traffic, additional strain is being placed on the servers, which is resulting in some of these errors. The page not loading correctly is a strange one though. That doesn't seem to be widespread.

• Advertisement

Hi blade1,

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble accessing the site. Is it just limited to Chrome?

With the sudden spikes in traffic, additional strain is being placed on the servers, which is resulting in some of these errors. The page not loading correctly is a strange one though. That doesn't seem to be widespread.
    Seems to be just chrome Mark.
    Every other site I use is working as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭FreshCoffee

Thought I would add to this thread instead of starting a new one as my problem is similar.

I am using a desktop (win 7, Firefox) on boards.ie with no problems for ages, now for the last 2 days I can't use it on boards.ie anymore as Cloudflare immediately pops up and says it's checking my browser whick goes on forever. There is a 'Ray ID' on the screen whose value keeps changing every 5 seconds.

I also tried Internet Explorer which exhibits the same problem.

Funny enough my laptop (on the same public IP) works fine on boards.ie!

So it's not my IP address has been banned and it's not the Firefox browser as IE doesn't work either. It seems to detect something it doesn't like on the PC?

I have seen no problems with any other websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭FreshCoffee

Interesting, After looking at the Cloudflare page for 2 days, some hours after posting I discovered it was working again! Time will tell if it's temporary or permanent.

Interesting, After looking at the Cloudflare page for 2 days, some hours after posting I discovered it was working again! Time will tell if it's temporary or permanent.

Same here,working fine with the last 2 days.

Boards.ie Employee

Hey folks, with the snow storm behind us traffic has eased off a little, which reduces the strain on servers and eases Cloudflare's eagerness, so hopefully smooth sailing from here on....until the next big weather event! :)

Advertisement