Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The xx - Tivoli Theatre, Dublin - 23rd & 24th May 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

all gone

Obviously sold almost all the tickets in the presales as they put up a sold out notice at 10.01 when people would still be going through the payment stage.
    You have 20 minutes to check out.

I dont know why they bother with a general sale for these events ,its just wasting peoples time for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Boca

Zardoz wrote: »
    Obviously sold almost all the tickets in the presales as they put up a sold out notice at 10.01 when people would still be going through the payment stage.

I dont know why they bother with a general sale for these events ,its just wasting peoples time for the most part.

well the presale were gone by 10.01 so general sale was always going to be the same ;-(
    i've missed out 3 times now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Tried and gone at 10:00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I don't know what percentage of tickets went on sale at each stage, but I do know that even if they threw them all out in one go they probably still would have sold out by 10.01 (except for a few popping up when people fail to check out, maybe).

It was just a bit of a lottery with so many people clicking at 10 am exactly I'd say. My friend managed to get 2 this morning after failing to get any in both pre sales.

Boca wrote: »
    well the presale were gone by 10.01 so general sale was always going to be the same ;-(
    i've missed out 3 times now

They werent gone by 10.01 in the presales ,tickets were popping up long after that ,on Monday people got tickets in the afternoon .

I find it odd that the sold out notice went up straight away at 10am ,when it didnt in previous days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Probably for the best! Was far too tempted. Beck/YYY the night before is enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lougarden

I really wish something would be done about the likes of seatwave, viagogo / tout sites in general. Missed out and just out of curiosity took a look at both at around 10:04.

Viagogo had about 60 tickets available for Wed, 80 for Thurs and Seatwave similar volume but a little less . All at the usual extortionate prices. Circa 250 a ticket and that was before any booking or handling charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

The only people worse than the touts are the people that pay the extortionate prices that allow the behavior to continue. Selective Memory did everything right - limit tickets to 2 per transaction, have 2 presales where you actually are required to have a bit of band interest to engage in, and don't use Ticketmaster. And still they get it in the neck. The live music promotion/ticketing scene is ****ed in Ireland, but the fault does not lie with the promoters for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lougarden

MattD wrote: »
    The only people worse than the touts are the people that pay the extortionate prices that allow the behavior to continue. Selective Memory did everything right - limit tickets to 2 per transaction, have 2 presales where you actually are required to have a bit of band interest to engage in, and don't use Ticketmaster. And still they get it in the neck. The live music promotion/ticketing scene is ****ed in Ireland, but the fault does not lie with the promoters for the most part.

Completely agree. I cant understand people using the sites. Had a look again and Seatwave now saying only 2 left for Thurs...so people are readily using them. It's sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Lougarden wrote: »
    I really wish something would be done about the likes of seatwave, viagogo / tout sites in general. Missed out and just out of curiosity took a look at both at around 10:04.

Viagogo had about 60 tickets available for Wed, 80 for Thurs and Seatwave similar volume but a little less . All at the usual extortionate prices. Circa 250 a ticket and that was before any booking or handling charges.
    Viagogo generally won't actually have these tickets. there are plenty of stories of people buying from them and then closer to the time Viagogo email and say that they can't provide the tickets, and refund them.
    they sell tickets that don't exist, then try to actually find the tickets later (for less than they were bought for on the site). sometimes the tickets they source are bogus and people are left outside the venue with fake tickets.

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    There was less then 2,000 tickets across 2 dates. They last headlined EP and the time before that they played the 3Arena. This was always going to sell out in seconds.

I’d say 10% went on the XX presale, 10% on the promoter presale and the rest was general sale. So tiny amounts. It took me 30 seconds from searching to getting a confirmation email, so it’s 100% possible this sold out within a minute.

I get the frustration but it’s down to demand.

The promoter is getting a huge amount of abuse on Facebook and people are being stupid. There’s hardly a big conspiracy going on.

Sorry ,I think I came across a big poorly earlier.
    Demand was always going to exceed supply for these gigs ,I guess the promoter thought it would generate good publicity for them but unfortunately it seems to have backfired badly.

What I was trying to say is that bands seem to be selling the bulk of the venue capacity in presales now leaving only crumbs for the general sale .
    We have seen it with U2 ,and other high profile artists over the last few years.
    U2 sold 80% of the tickets for some venues on the recent tour in presales ,certain promoters admitted this.
    General sale is like a lottery now ,and its causing the masses to get angry and direct their anger at the ticket seller and the resale sites.
    Noel Rock is going around beating his drum then trying to say that bots and touts are buying up all the tickets which is untrue.

There is no doubt that Viagogo staff are buying tickets in presales ,it was exposed in the excellent Channel 4 Dispatches programme .
    Viagogo generally won't actually have these tickets. there are plenty of stories of people buying from them and then closer to the time Viagogo email and say that they can't provide the tickets, and refund them.
    they sell tickets that don't exist, then try to actually find the tickets later (for less than they were bought for on the site). sometimes the tickets they source are bogus and people are left outside the venue with fake tickets.
    Thats true ,they are actively doing this .
    They have nothing to lose by doing it as if they cant fulfill the order they just refund the buyer ,having earned interest on the money for months.

I dont have much time for these reseller sites but they can be useful close to an event when you can pick up tickets below face value.
    Viagogo are scum though,I would never use them ,they have no morals ,at least Stubhub and Seatwave are some bit honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Viagogo are scum though,I would never use them ,they have no morals ,at least Stubhub and Seatwave are some bit honest.

Not sure why you've singled out Viagogo, they are ALL Scum and as bad as each other. Stubhub is the world's biggest secondary market ticket seller, Seatwave practically tells you ya we're a ticketmaster company...we basically allocated tickets here for the purpose that a higher bidder would purchase...yeah admirable honesty.

Not sure why you've singled out Viagogo, they are ALL Scum and as bad as each other. Stubhub is the world's biggest secondary market ticket seller, Seatwave practically tells you ya we're a ticketmaster company...we basically allocated tickets here for the purpose that a higher bidder would purchase...yeah admirable honesty.

I've singled out Viagogo for a number of reasons .
    Firstly their website is blatantly devious and full of crap to pressurise the public into buying tickets.
    Their fees arent properly displayed in the checkout process .
    Their customer service is almost impossible to contact if you have a problem.
    They employ power sellers and sell speculative tickets.
    They sell tickets for restricted ID events ,charity events and get their staff to buy tickets on credit cards .

Seatwave and Stubhub are saints compared to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Seatwave and Stubhub are saints compared to them.

All the same to me I'd never use these sites, just checked Seatwave out of curiosity selling a ticket for €118 click okay and there's a charge of €22.99 for booking. MattD has it summed it up perfectly above. Shame on anyone who has the neck to fork out these laughable prices :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Mhersee1

Just letting you know that tickets are back on sale!
    Just checked and can get two for both nights

Mhersee1 wrote: »
    Just letting you know that tickets are back on sale!
    Just checked and can get two for both nights

Legend, thanks! Maybe returns? Was only checking the other day . Even their site says sold out but there's tickets when you click in

I've picked up two for the Thursday night... Got worried while buying them. Had to keep checking the gig date and venue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Got two Wednesday cheers

Still some left for Wednesday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Beck/YYYs is way more attractive. Pity, would liked to have seen them in such a small venue!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Mhersee1 wrote: »
    Still some left for Wednesday :)

Can you post a link? I think they're gone now but just want to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Gone

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭bigmc23

Anyone know where I might pick up 1 ticket for either wed or Thur ? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Have you tried toutless.com ?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭bigmc23

nc6000 wrote: »
    Have you tried toutless.com ?

Yeah had a look but there's a load of people looking for the Same so chances look slim

bigmc23 wrote: »
    Yeah had a look but there's a load of people looking for the Same so chances look slim

Maybe #ticketfairy if you're on twitter. Or try ring venue on off chances there are returns or something? If you're desperate to go, could be worth going to venue on the night and standing outside with a sign, hopefully there'd be someone (not a tout) looking to shift a ticket!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Do we know the stage times for tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

Do we know the stage times for tonight?

Haven't been able to find any info :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

I also can't find a set list from the Belfast gig on Monday.

Advertisement