Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dashcam installer and supplier Limerick

• 01-03-2018 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Morning all,
    Just wondering if anybody can suggest somebody who does this please? Also at a reasonable price.
    Stay safe out there in this weather everybody!
    TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Frances4019

Try Halfords . You just plug into cigarette lighter . No installing needed. Instructions come with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Halfords charge €35 just for the hardwire installation (connected to the fuse box of the car, not the lighter), it really is a job you can do yourself. Look up a couple of youtube videos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

Hi op,

It really depends on what type of dashcam you're planning to install.
    If you're installing a higher end front and back camera that uses an always on parking mode you might need to consider hardwiring it to your battery and then depending on the make of car you might need to install a backup type battery that prevents the car battery from draining flat.
    If you just want a cam that recorded while you're driving you could easily just connect it to the ciggie lighter yourself.

Worth checking out a few options.

I looked into Carcom in Limerick to install one for me, he really knows his stuff, in the end I had to have the main dealer do the install because of warranty issues

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Leonita

Hi, yes I'm looking into getting a duo cam that records all of the time. I'm going to be picking up a Focus when this weather clears and think this might be a good solution due to all of the erratic driving that I have experienced recently. It might also be a better idea than an alarm. Somebody told me also that the insurers give a discount if you have these installed but I'm open to correction on this. Thanks for all of your helpful advice so far folks!

Advertisement