Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking.com refund

Options
  • 01-03-2018 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Had a weekend away in Kerry booked this weekend. Not going now because of the weather, but the accommodations have now gone into non-refundable. Wonder is there any leeway here due to weather. Do the hotels have ability to give booking.com the green light to refund even though it’s gone red on the site?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

they might. You can call them. But they would be under no obligation to refund you. They still have overheads to pay. You may get a goodwill gesture.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Maybe if you can transfer to another weekend? As said above it's up to the Hotel, best is to contact them to explain your situation they might offer refund or part refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I just had the same issue with hotels.com. Due to the snow, I can't travel and I had just fallen inside the cancellation period.

I rang hotels.com directly, explained that I would not be able to travel due to the weather, and would it be possible to cancel without penalty? The agent put me on hold, and contacted the hotel to see if they would accept this. They agreed, and he cancelled the reservation for me with out penalty.

In this type of case, always try to speak to someone. A computer can only do Yes/No, but a person can exercise discretion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Booking.com purely act as a sales portal and the accommodation provider makes all decisions regarding refunds/rebooking etc, so just give the hotel a call. Your contract is entirely with the provider.

Hotels.com is a reseller (they bulk buy the rooms and sell at whatever price they decide), so when booking with hotels.com, your contract is with them and not the accommodation provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Had same with Expedia - called Expedia and wait time was 1.5 hours, they offer an auto call back (which did not come through)

Called hotel and they told me it is with Expedia (as with Hotels.com above I guess).

Sent an email to Customer Services but not holding out much hope as date of stay will have passed before they even review

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Had similar issue with booking.com due to stay with yha hostel Manchester this weekend, flight cancelled Thursday due to weather. Called booking who explained situation to hostel they were unwilling to do anything not even modify the dates booked. Also contacted yha main office wouldn’t make any gesture either?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Fuko200

I was also due to fly over to manchester on thursday but flights got cancelled after being delayed. We were staying with hotel ibis but our booking had a €104 cancellation fee.
    Called booking.com and they tried to contact the hotel but couldnt get through so we called them instead. Explained the situation and they gave us a goodwill gesture and kept the fee and put it on hold for the next two months since they cant cancel it completely.

Your best bet is to contact the hotel directly.

Advertisement