Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight cancelled. Covered for making own way?

Options
  • 01-03-2018 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭

Was meant to fly out of uk yesterday to DUB and flight got binned.
    Judging by the weather i didnt think dublin would open for next two days so booked flight to Belfast with different carrier last night.

Rang insurance company and there voicemail(as they’re closed) seems to say I’m not covered for ‘making alternative arrangements’ myself. As eu261 doesnt cover weather delay can i not claim anything back?

Cant find similar story and wasn’t sure right forum.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Was meant to fly out of uk yesterday to DUB and flight got binned.
    Judging by the weather i didnt think dublin would open for next two days so booked flight to Belfast with different carrier last night.

Rang insurance company and there voicemail(as they’re closed) seems to say I’m not covered for ‘making alternative arrangements’ myself. As eu261 doesnt cover weather delay can i not claim anything back?

Cant find similar story and wasn’t sure right forum.

Same happened after the Icelandic volcano flight cancellation. People weren't covered if they made their own alternate arrangements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

you'll get a refund for the cancelled flight, but nothing more is due.

Advertisement