Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart DNS and router based VPN ta the same time?

• 01-03-2018 5:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

I want to switch from Unotelly to Smart DNS from Overplay.net, to un-georestrict services like BBC iPlayer, ITVHub, and Hulu etc, and I had planned to configure this on my DD-WRT router, so that all devices connected to the LAN and WiFi would automatically be covered. I had similar plans for configuring OpenVPN on the same router, but Overplay Support have told me they think I will need to turn off the VPN for Smart DNS to work, but I do not want to have to do this.

Other than leaving Smart DNS running on the router, and manually configuring phone, laptop, desktop and server, is there a way to make this work?

Advertisement