Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's all the snow?

• 01-03-2018 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭

I was expecting the apocalypse in Limerick today going on the weather reports, so far, nothing!

Does anyone reckon we will see any of this end of days weather?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Not alot in Wexford either.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

While the warning was in affect from 4pm, the snow will be a few hours behind. We should start seeing it in Limerick sometime after 7pm according to the latest reports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,523 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

My weather app says "possible light snow and breezy" up to 11pm
    From then until lunchtime tomorrow, it's "snow and windy".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,514 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

I drove past the beast from the east earlier....big Russian looking fella bout 6'4"...right nasty looking thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

8 inches of snow here in Cavan:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Shops and chemists closed. Baby boom in November;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

bosco12345 wrote: »
    8 inches of snow here in Cavan:)

Ye'll probably try and sell it.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

To be fair.. if people were told be indoors from 7, it'd be cutting it too fine!

Best give everyone a few hours warning. Because no one in this country usually takes a blind bit of notice!

And if we were warned too late... we'd all be up in arms. No pleasing us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Personally i dont mind that there is no snow (yet), I am working from home today and tomorrow but the next time there is a red warning and if i was an employer i might just decide to ignore it based on this warning and the last one for the hurricane.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Nothing here in north kerry either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,325 ✭✭✭✭endacl

davo2001 wrote: »
    if i was an employer i might just decide to ignore it based on this warning and the last one for the hurricane.
    The hurricane where the people died ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Basic geography, lads. We're living in the Midwest. The storm is coming in from the South-East. It's going to take a while to cross the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Basic geography, lads. We're living in the Midwest. The storm is coming in from the South-East. It's going to take a while to cross the country.

Not much in wexford ,very light flurry's.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

I hate moaning but I'm getting bored waiting now tbh. Hasnt even hit the southeast yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

pilly wrote: »
    I hate moaning but I'm getting bored waiting now tbh. Hasnt even hit the southeast yet.

I'd hold off judgement till tomorrow morning at least. We could all awaken to a winter wonderland - about two feet of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

endacl wrote: »
    The hurricane where the people died ?

How many people in limerick died?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,325 ✭✭✭✭endacl

davo2001 wrote: »
    How many people in limerick died?
    The three fatalities occurred in Waterford, Tipperary and Louth. That's south, east and mid covered. If you're of a mentality that requires your warning to come with an eircode, there's probably not much point in talking to you.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Lads the storm is still off the south coast, it will hit us and chances are it'll hit us hard. Current models are predicting it'll be making landfall between now and 19:00. All the reports I've seen state very clearly that it'll be bad from this evening on.

The warning was put in for 16:00 because they knew we wouldn't listen and if they had put it later they'd be blamed for not notifying people sooner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

Nearly 9 and still nothing. Assuming everyone is safe and the homeless are in shelters, then I have to admit I’m damn disappointed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

https://www.facebook.com/IrishWeatherOnline/posts/2068064373209933

RTE news saying East coast getting worse in the last hour. Red warning for Leinster and Munster extended until 18:00 tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

zig wrote: »
    Nearly 9 and still nothing. Assuming everyone is safe and the homeless are in shelters, then I have to admit I’m damn disappointed!

I'm in Caherdavin and it's starting to come down fairly steady this past 15 mins. or so. It's sticking too so don't give up hope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

Yep, same in Corbally now !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭cycle4fun

No need for schools and everyplace to be closed today, pure scam by the government

Sticking to the cars and footpaths here in Dooradoyle. Nothing hectic yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

cycle4fun wrote: »
    No need for schools and everyplace to be closed today, pure scam by the government

Goosed if you do, goosed if you don't. Can't win unfortunately.

Steadily falling in Ballinacurra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

The all country red alert last night was out of proportion.
    9pm and still no significant snowfall to report?
    There was no need to start the shutdown til tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

Bit of rain here in Dublin and bit of wind. Was expecting more..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Zeek12 wrote: »
    The all country red alert last night was out of proportion.
    9pm and still no significant snowfall to report?
    There was no need to start the shutdown til tonight

We only had a yellow warning on Wednesday morning and there were 5 accidents around Crecora and Manister alone. The main roads around town were grand, but there's more to Limerick than O'Connell Street and the Ennis Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

We only had a yellow warning on Wednesday morning and there were 5 accidents around Crecora and Manister alone. The main roads around town were grand, but there's more to Limerick than O'Connell Street and the Ennis Road.

Sorry. You’re missing the point.
    I don’t dispute those 5 accidents . And I hope everybody is ok.

But what we are discussing here is a nationwide shutdown since almost 24 hours ago. And I really don’t believe the weather has justified it.... not even close

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Zeek12 wrote: »
    Sorry. You’re missing the point.
    I don’t dispute those 5 accidents . And I hope everybody is ok.

But what we are discussing here is a nationwide shutdown since almost 24 hours ago. And I really don’t believe the weather has justified it.... not even close

What are you basing that on?

And some of the country didn't shut down until after midday today

Advertisement