Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's all the snow?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

leo78 wrote: »
    I just went out and measured the amount lodged outside my door 2.5 feet so far and its starting to get heavier again :eek:

And where is this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,514 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Ah now c'mon yourself. Look beyond your own backyard for once. A quick reading the weather thread shows massive variations locally in conditions. Now just think about that for a second and what MET Eireann have to think about when forecasting for the whole island.

So we escaped the worst of it in general, so what, be thankful we did and stop crying about it for the love of god.

I can't...I've been locked inside by a government enforced curfew since 4pm yesterday....they've been pumping us with this news since last Monday morning....maybe you didn't catch it...

I ventured out around the neighbour for a pleasant walk last night...I thought I was going to be hit by blizzard like conditions instead I was nearly hit by a snowball that one of the many kids who were out enjoying the snow at the time were chucking about...

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Leonita

SCR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

if it freezes tonight the roads will be good crack tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

I can't...I've been locked inside by a government enforced curfew since 4pm yesterday....they've been pumping us with this news since last Monday morning....maybe you didn't catch it...

I ventured out around the neighbour for a pleasant walk last night...I thought I was going to be hit by blizzard like conditions instead I was nearly hit by a snowball that one of the many kids who were out enjoying the snow at the time were chucking about...

You were locked inside by a curfew yet went out for a walk.

How terrible for you. I'll have a mass said in your name.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

You were locked inside by a curfew yet went out for a walk.

How terrible for you. I'll have a mass said in your name.

The Leader will probably write an article about it too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Lads, sh*t just got serious. The craft beer event I wanted to go to tonight has been cancelled because the bar staff are snowed in. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

The thaw is really setting in, snowmen are melting and the roads are a slushy mess...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Lads, sh*t just got serious. The craft beer event I wanted to go to tonight has been cancelled because the bar staff are snowed in. :eek:

Hipster problems!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

Mother Macs has soup!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

Limerick Council did a fantastic job yesterday salting the roads in Mungret and they were clear today. However no salting today and the roads are treacherous. Just helped one poor guy lift his car off a bollard he drove over after skidding at 11.30pm.
    Why on earth has Limerick Council not salted this evening?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Pikasso wrote: »
    Limerick Council did a fantastic job yesterday salting the roads in Mungret and they were clear today. However no salting today and the roads are treacherous. Just helped one poor guy lift his car off a bollard he drove over after skidding at 11.30pm.
    Dublin Road was quite slippery at 10pm and that was with a fairly light dusting of snow.

All jokes aside bring on the thaw tomorrow. The novelty is wearing off at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Pikasso wrote: »

Saw them salting in town at midnight tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

It is going to get interesting when all the snow melts with the high tides.The usual flood spots might be in trouble again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

Anyone know how the roads are today going in/out of town generally speaking etc?

Also is town open for business?

zig wrote: »
    Anyone know how the roads are today going in/out of town generally speaking etc?

Also is town open for business?

According to their Twitter account, the Milk Market has a few stalls opening this morning. I'm going to hike in and see how things look along the Ennis Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

According to their Twitter account, the Milk Market has a few stalls opening this morning. I'm going to hike in and see how things look along the Ennis Road.

Well that was an hour and a half ago and he hasn't been heard from since so I think we can all assume that it's still to dangerous to go outside . Pass me the remote .

jonski wrote: »
    Well that was an hour and a half ago and he hasn't been heard from since so I think we can all assume that it's still to dangerous to go outside . Pass me the remote .

My apologies! Half of Limerick is in and around town. I bumped into loads of friends, family, and acquaintances. Everyone is in great humour after the extra day off work.

Plenty of shops open. Looks like some shops on Cruise's Street are still preparing to open. Penny's, Arthur's Quay, most of Thomas Street seems busy enough. The footpaths are still a bit risky and on-street parking looks difficult.

The snow can fcuk right off now. The novelty has well and truly worn off.

The snow can fcuk right off now. The novelty has well and truly worn off.

The Curragower Falls are making lots of noise and the tide is still fairly low. We might need to dig out the wellies as the rest of the snow melts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

The Curragower Falls are making lots of noise and the tide is still fairly low. We might need to dig out the wellies as the rest of the snow melts.

High tide due at 7.30 and is a spring tide this eve so the river will be very high I say.

Have loved the last few days. Limerick in the snow has been magical

panda100 wrote: »
    High tide due at 7.30 and is a spring tide this eve so the river will be very high I say.

Have loved the last few days. Limerick in the snow has been magical

I took some photos this afternoon on my way home from the market. Nothing special (compared to some of the great local photographers on Instagram) but some nice memories to keep. Even the variety of snowmen around the suburbs was heartening. :)

Advertisement