Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panda recycling charge

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,073 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Phil.x wrote: »
    I wonder is this new charge to pay the ringsend incinerator to burn the recycling waste.

Most will now be used as waste to energy, or recycling to energy in this case
    Of course it will be picked for valuables first, like Newspapers, Aluminium cans, Steel cans.
    Rest will burn in hell . No one wants plastics now or anything else.
    Newspaper, steel and Aluminium yes, rest no. It will go and make electricity to power homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

This is a great way of how to dispose of waste. A good Stanley 8. Heats your water and up to 10 rads too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

This is a great way of how to dispose of waste. A good Stanley 8. Heats your water and up to 10 rads too.

Equally a great way to pollute the atmosphere and expose your family and near-neighbours to significant carcinogenic risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Is this new charge for all areas of Dublin 15 or certain parts. I'm Clonsilla based and haven't received any correspondence from Panda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Or they just send it out by email.

Check your spam folder to see if they contacted you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The email we received had ‘Panda addresses the China problem’ as its subject, so it was easy to ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Slightly off topic

Had issues with credit card changing over after X years with expiry etc

Now I'm being told there's a invoice and my payment methods PBWL

They use to just take it off my card without this messing,has something changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Is this new charge for all areas of Dublin 15 or certain parts. I'm Clonsilla based and haven't received any correspondence from Panda

Spoke too soon, received an email from them yesterday with a text message also to advise that correspondence was being sent by email.
    This piece also in today's paper:
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/waste-company-panda-introduces-green-bin-charges-1.3426022
    jeffk wrote: »
    Slightly off topic

Had issues with credit card changing over after X years with expiry etc

Now I'm being told there's a invoice and my payment methods PBWL

They use to just take it off my card without this messing,has something changed?

Had this problem with them also at year end having changed card. Although the new card was registered on MyPanda account and seemingly all looked ok their billing department was separate and couldn't see the new card details. Had to ring their office and get them to manually update my new card details before they'd lift the bins again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Onto customer care

Seems your meant to get text and email about invoice then after two days is taken

I've never in all the years gotten any of this. Put bin out on,weekish later direct debit comes out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I started a thread on this in another forum but from reading here.

The solution to me has to start at the manufacturer.

Seems like recycling and seperating now is a complete was on time, might as well chuck it all in black or green. Its all gonna get burnt.

So we need to start working on how do we reduce waste for person a who wastes 20kg, how can we get it down to 10kg per month.

Government keeping nice and quite on this. Pay by weight bringing down bills. I don't think so at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

It should really go back to the supermarkets and shops.
    I would say the majority of mine comes from groceries.
    That probably the same for most families.
    If the supermarkets had to pay for it, they would reduce the packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

beauf wrote: »
    It should really go back to the supermarkets and shops.
    I would say the majority of mine comes from groceries.
    That probably the same for most families.
    If the supermarkets had to pay for it, they would reduce the packaging.

It is quite a normal procedure in Germany, where supermarkets provide recycling bins for packaging just after the checkouts.
    They also provide glass recycling facilities as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Years ago I can remember Quinnsworth there was area behind the tills where people packed their shopping into boxes.

Advertisement