Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking/Two wheeled tractors

Options
  • 01-03-2018 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi,

I am wondering does any one have experience with buying and using a two walking/wheeled tractor? This summer I hope to tackle a approximately 25 metre (length) and 15m (width) garden. It is very overgrown and uneven. Basically I hope to use the tractor to plough the garden and then reseed the garden with lawnseed. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

Do you mean a rotovator?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,973 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Try your local hire shop.
    They are expensive to buy and you may not have work for it when you finish that job.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I’d talk to the local vintage club.
    You’ll get a lad with small tractor, a 2 furrow plough and 3ft rotavator who will do a great job for very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

I have a 2 wheel tractor and it is the greatest piece of kit ever. It is quite a robust machine that came with several attachments, namely a rotovator, a reversible plough, a mower, and a lawn leveller with several other attachments also available, the mower and rotovator are approx. 40 inches wide. it is powered by a 15.3 hp diesel engine. With the mower it is well capable of cutting grass thistles rushes etc basically any thing that you put it doing. I use it mainly for gardening , if its new ground I first shave it with the mower and then straight in with the rotovator which is capable of going to a depth of 15 inches leaving the earth as fine as sand. My garden plot is usually the size of 2 three bedroom bungalows and from start to finish it takes approx. 3 hours to be ready for planting. The machine I have is a Pasquali with elec start, and a reversible 4 speed gearbox and high and low pto and differential lock. Its a machine that would be well capable of tackling an acre of ground if you were fit enough to stay with it. btw its not an old machine I bought it about ten years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I have a 2 wheel tractor and it is the greatest piece of kit ever. It is quite a robust machine that came with several attachments, namely a rotovator, a reversible plough, a mower, and a lawn leveller with several other attachments also available, the mower and rotovator are approx. 40 inches wide. it is powered by a 15.3 hp diesel engine. With the mower it is well capable of cutting grass thistles rushes etc basically any thing that you put it doing. I use it mainly for gardening , if its new ground I first shave it with the mower and then straight in with the rotovator which is capable of going to a depth of 15 inches leaving the earth as fine as sand. My garden plot is usually the size of 2 three bedroom bungalows and from start to finish it takes approx. 3 hours to be ready for planting. The machine I have is a Pasquali with elec start, and a reversible 4 speed gearbox and high and low pto and differential lock. Its a machine that would be well capable of tackling an acre of ground if you were fit enough to stay with it. btw its not an old machine I bought it about ten years ago.

I googled it there.
    Fine looking machines.

I’d imagine it’s a fair investment though and wontlder would OP get the use out of that much equipment investment. They are talking about going a once off reseed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement