Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal V Man City

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Dev84

Gary nevilles a dick head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

niallo27 wrote: »
    He will still see out the season I think no matter what happens the rest off the season.

He’ll probably get an extension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Dev84 wrote: »
    Gary nevilles a dick head

Is that a general comment or specific to this evening?
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Wenger cannot hold his job after this

Will probably get away with tonight because it's City. If they lose to Brighton at the weekend then it'll really get nasty. He has to leave in the summer, at the latest. Will be really interesting to see who they get in to replace him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭patsy sally

0.3 at halftime after the weekend would of thought be a bit of fight in arsenal,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Berserker wrote: »
    Is that a general comment or specific to this evening?

Will probably get away with tonight because it's City. If they lose to Brighton at the weekend then it'll really get nasty. He has to leave in the summer, at the latest. Will be really interesting to see who they get in to replace him.

I think the Milan results are key as well.
    If they get knocked out of the Europa League by Milan, then maybe the club will act.

Because Wenger most certainly will not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

0.3 at halftime after the weekend would of thought be a bit of fight in arsenal,

To be fair, Arsenal are in poor form, but they've actually played better than they did for most of Sunday. Man City have just been immense. The scoreline says a lot more about City than it does about Arsenal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sanchez/Mikki swap may be one of the least advised in football as far as Arsenal are concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

City are good, but arsenal are a disgrace.

No effort,no application,no quality....no crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Quazzie wrote: »
    To be fair, Arsenal are in poor form, but they've actually played better than they did for most of Sunday. Man City have just been immense. The scoreline says a lot more about City than it does about Arsenal
    oh right not much they can do when city are playing like that so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Sanchez/Mikki swap may be one of the least advised in football as far as Arsenal are concerned.

But according to Bellerin, it was a good thing for the dressing room because Sanchez wanted to win too much!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Theres a decent squad to build on for a new manager at Arsenal. Looking like they will be 30 points off City, 10 points off top 4 and with Wenger in charge its hard to make an argument that he'll be able to close that gap in the last 10 games. If I was an Arsenal fan I'd be hoping a replacement is being sought after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

I'd like to see foden and Jesus on early in the second half to get some time.

Yea, coz Sanchez is ripping it up at United :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I’ll save you all the trouble of watching Wengers post match interview..

658.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Ah here now. You could put Harry Kane in this Arsenal team and he isn't getting a look at the goal.

Point being Arsenals problems extend beyond the playing staff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

LOL!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Horrible penalty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Best keeper in the premier league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

That was Sanchez-esque from Mkhytarian.

Missed lol.

Best keeper in the premier league

Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Time to stop messing about and get that fourth goal. Quieten the gunners' "revival".

irishman86 wrote: »
    Lol
    It's hardly that outlandish. De Gea is by far the best shot stopper but his distribution is crap. Ederson is a very good shot stopper and can pass the ball as good as a midfielder and start attacks. Very comfortable with the ball at his feet in general, and decent on crosses too from what I've seen. It's not just about making saves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Ederson is level on par with De gea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

Lol

How would you rate them. Top five?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

NukaCola wrote: »
    Theres a decent squad to build on for a new manager at Arsenal. Looking like they will be 30 points off City, 10 points off top 4 and with Wenger in charge its hard to make an argument that he'll be able to close that gap in the last 10 games. If I was an Arsenal fan I'd be hoping a replacement is being sought after.

They're lacking in width up front, any kind of midfield bar maybe Ramsey, a keeper and 2 defenders, and in general terms they're bereft of energy and physicality.

They mightn't need all of them to get back into the top 4 but they need to nail 3 or 4 or hope 2 of the other top 6 drop off a cliff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

De Gea and it’s not even close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Tyler encouraging Arsenal players to try and get otamendi carded ?

He’s an Arsenal fan isn’t he?

razorblunt wrote: »

If he wasn't booked for the peno, then he won't be sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

razorblunt wrote: »

I always thought he was. Not 100% sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

City wouldn't trade Ederson for any keeper in the world that I am sure of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

fullstop wrote: »
    It's hardly that outlandish. De Gea is by far the best shot stopper but his distribution is crap. Ederson is a very good shot stopper and can pass the ball as good as a midfielder and start attacks. Very comfortable with the ball at his feet in general, and decent on crosses too from what I've seen. It's not just about making saves.

It mainly is about making saves though. Up until recently, de Gea's distribution was actually quite decent. It's obvious City work on building from the back and finding space for the keeper, something I highly doubt is done at United.

De Gea is a better keeper than Edersen but in terms of how a keeper fits as part of a team, Edersen shades that.

It mainly is about making saves though. Up until recently, de Gea's distribution was actually quite decent. It's obvious City work on building from the back and finding space for the keeper, something I highly doubt is done at United.
    It's mainly about making saves, but not all about making saves. It obviously helps when your team control the game, but Ederson is class and has made plenty of brilliant saves this season as well as his passing.

Very sloppy by us in this half.
    First half: 9/10
    Second half: 3/10

Ya i stand by my lol
    Hes not even the best excluding DDG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Guardiola on the sideline screaming at his players!

Wenger?

Ya i stand by my lol

Good debate, solid arguments made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Wenger is the man to turn this arsenal team around.

After all he has done for the club he needs to be given at least another 4 or 5 seasons.

Good debate, solid arguments made.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

De Gea and it’s not even close.

De Gea is the best shot stopper by an absolute mile. Some of his saves, particularly on his right are out of this world. Ederson is a more complete keeper in my opinion. His distribution, command of his area, sweeping and handling are all better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Urindanger wrote: »
    City wouldn't trade Ederson for any keeper in the world that I am sure of.

Absolutely. If Guardiola was offered De Gea but it meant losing Ederson, not a chance he would take that deal.

Ya i stand by my lol
    Go on then, I'll bite. Excluding De Gea, who is better than Ederson?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

City have taken pity here.

Sané putting the breaks on a couple of times. Bernardo the same.
    Players coming back needlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Flincher wrote: »
    De Gea is the best shot stopper by an absolute mile. Some of his saves, particularly on his right are out of this world. Ederson is a more complete keeper in my opinion. His distribution, command of his area, sweeping and handling are all better.

De Gea’s distribution always gets brought into this argument. He’s got a good game there.
    His only weakness is his command of his area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

DDG is better now.
    Ederson has a ceiling as high as DDG.
    So Pep wouldn't swap, nor should he.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    City have taken pity here.

Sané putting the breaks on a couple of times. Bernardo the same.
    Players coming back needlessly.
    I suspected we'd coast this half. Save the energy for Chelsea on sunday. The second half has been a non event, to be honest.

blueser wrote: »
    Go on then, I'll bite. Excluding De Gea, who is better than Ederson?

Have a wild guess buddy, its not even that difficult
    I like Ederson but some of the over excitement around players is hilarious
    Mignolet was a world class penalty saver recently, till you look at his stats and well he wasnt :pac:

Ederson is definately on a par with De Gea, or very near it.

Put it this way, De Gea wouldn't really improve City too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

De Gea’s distribution always gets brought into this argument. He’s got a good game there.
    His only weakness is his command of his area.

Ya in fairness he's not helped by United not being set up to play out the way City and Spurs are. I'd class de Gea as decent but Ederson as exceptional in that area.

I also think de Gea's sweeping as poor. One goal that stands out is Leicester's first in the King Power. Vardy latched on to a 70 yard hoof upfield. De Gea's starting position was at the edge of the D but retreated while the ball was in flight. Vardy picked up the ball just outside the D. The likes of Lloris or Ederson would have swept that comfortably.

Same with crosses. His starting position is fairly conservative and he's nowhere near the calibre of Courtois there.

Have a wild guess buddy, its not even that difficult
    I like Ederson but some of the over excitement around players is hilarious
    Mignolet was a world class penalty saver recently, till you look at his stats and well he wasnt :pac:
    You didn't answer the question. I'm assuming you don't seriously think Mignolet is better than Ederson.

• Advertisement
Advertisement