Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

arcade cabinet, what have you?

Options
  • 01-03-2018 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi guys! Long time lurker, first time poster in this section. Im just wondering if anybody has an arcade cabinet they might be selling or know where there might be one? Ideally i am looking for a 2 player upright cab of some description, nothing terribly valuable as i am looking to modify it for a MAME build and dont want to butcher anything valuable! I travel from Clare to Dublin weekly and could travel farther for the right cabinet. Any suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭PaulPriest

I have a Sega Blast City candy cab (https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_Blast_City) that I'm thinking of parting with since I just don't get the time anymore with 3 kids. It won't be cheap though - the basic cab cost me 1000 EUR shipped a few years back, before I cleaned it up and added extras like extra panels.

It's a built like a tank, and weighs as much. I'm only aware of 2 in Ireland - I imported from HK via Amsterdam and brought with me from the UK. Screen used to be perfect - it's a late-era Nanao tri-sync. Could do with a recap now as when I turn it on it's a bit distorted and the guns aren't aligned at the corners. No burn and nice and bright though. Artwork is perfect except for a small scrape on the right-hand side. A couple of minor blemishes on the shell.
    Wired for MAME (nothing damaged, all done through the JAMMA, including 31kHz except for the sound which is stereo through phono connects on the -001 Blast harness), plus the extra wires for B4/5/6.
    Has an unused NOS 1P6B panel, a Majhong panel (with PC adapter I made), as well as the in-use 2P12B panel.

There's a shot at https://imgur.com/lCJOJ9c

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement