Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Bars Be Open Tomorrow?

Options
  • 01-03-2018 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭

I am supposed to be going for a few pints in the City Centre tomorrow evening. The snow will not stop me but no bars open might!
    Really need to start organising tomorrow evening. Anyone any insight into whether bars will open tomorrow evening in the City Centre?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

It depends on the bars. Most will be open, some won't. Most bars are putting their opening hours on Twitter, etc. so check that first.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,137 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Am sure you'll find a bar open in city centre, I'd be less sure you'll find a taxi to get home!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Passenger wrote: »
    Most bars are putting their opening hours on Twitter, etc. so check that first.

Thanks for the suggestion but I cannot find hours on Twitter for most bars for tomorrow. They nearly all say closed 1 March and don't detail plans for 2 March. Hopefully be clearer tomorrow.
    You're next problem is finding someone to drive you to drink.

:D I'll walk. Come rain, hail, sleet or snow, I'm getting a pint tomorrow.

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I reckon there'll be a good few pubs open tomorrow evening. Wouldn't expect too many during the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

According to The Mezz on FB tonight they're staying open until the wee hours tonight, and knowing The Mezz that will continue through hell and high water.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Does anyone think that God sent Storm Emma to Ireland because he got so angry at pubs being open this Good Friday. It all makes sense now doesn’t it?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,616 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

By evening it will be grand. As of yet I've seen not a single of the 7000 pubs in the country report being closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Does anyone think that God sent Storm Emma to Ireland because he got so angry at pubs being open this Good Friday. It all makes sense now doesn’t it?

Did he just wake up after he fell asleep before the Holocaust ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

gctest50 wrote: »
    Did he just wake up after he fell asleep before the Holocaust ?

God is always watching!

Pub closures during Storm Emma will cost publicans more than if they were to close on Good Friday.

Funny how there’s very little snow in Newmarket in Cork where all publicans have decided to continue to close this Good Friday.

Anyway, I’m saying a decade of the rosary for good weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

By evening it will be grand. As of yet I've seen not a single of the 7000 pubs in the country report being closed.

Church venue in Jervis street is closed tomorrow. (Friday)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Funny how there’s very little snow in Newmarket in Cork where all publicans have decided to continue to close this Good Friday.

Its not funny, its an entirely expected effect of the mountains.

Science. It's real.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Any updates on pubs being open in city centre? Herself has to "work from home" for the afternoon, so kindle and a warm bar are my Friday afternoon requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Stags Head looks open on Facebook and they told me they would be. I'd ring before to be sure. I'm sure all the hotels are open anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Chancery inn on the quays is open.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Beerhouse on Capel Street open. Urban Brewing closed for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Anyone know if pubs in Terenure area due to open? Thirsty for tonight but tried ringing a couple with no answer...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

57 The Headline open from 4.30. Porterhouse Central and Temple Bar open.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Brewdock, Against The Grain and Bar Rua open now.

The Stags was shuttered at 2.30 pm. Lord Edward too. Fallons of the Coombe the same at 4.25. Had to resort to Jurys Christchurch. In fairness, all that was in there were American tourists complaining about the bill.

Tomorrow all will be well. Uncorks Lidl Whisky bottle....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

The Stags was shuttered at 2.30 pm. Lord Edward too. Fallons of the Coombe the same at 4.25. Had to resort to Jurys Christchurch. In fairness, all that was in there were American tourists complaining about the bill.

Tomorrow all will be well. Uncorks Lidl Whisky bottle....

Against the grain is a better bet than jury’s!! Thought Fallon’s might be open

• Advertisement

Against the grain is a better bet than jury’s!! Thought Fallon’s might be open

I was on a very closed circuit. As Leo and Evelyn said "No unnecessary ramblings when out on the piss". ;)

Advertisement