Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone spec me a build

Options
  • 02-03-2018 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Haven't ventured in here in years, looking for nothing special, maybe ready built would do but buy from where?

I don't do gaming, nothing intensive, latest and greatest I3 I'd imagine would be grand, 4GB Ram, Solid state and a mechanical storage backup. Windows, have 7, think I can move it over.

What else?

Need a CD Burner, Blu Ray in current build not recognised at the minute for some reason, probably just need to reconnect it.

Haven't a clue how to build them, don't want to learn cuz it'll go wrong and have no time for the hours it'll take to sort.

Ordered one time off hardwareversand but I think they're no good now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

1. What is your budget? whatever it costs

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Just general usage, internet and stuff,
    watch the odd movie

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Think I can move 7 over, when is end of life for 7?

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] Monitor, speakers, mouse

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5a. If yes, what size do you need.

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? 1080p, it's grand.

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? N/A

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

8. How can you pay? Debit card

9. When are you purchasing? Soon

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

thanks KO

Wow, I wasn't expecting such basic machines to cost that, no mechanical backup even in them so add more ---- €160 to add a Terabyte to the HP!

Are these the going rate prices at the min?

I don't like HP for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Kuva wrote: »
    thanks KO

Wow, I wasn't expecting such basic machines to cost that, no mechanical backup even in them so add more ---- €160 to add a Terabyte to the HP!

Are these the going rate prices at the min?

I don't like HP for some reason.

€160 doesn't sound right - I bought a 4Tb drive for around €90 last week on Amazon!
    In fact I'm almost certain those machines were less when I linked them earlier in the month.

Advertisement