Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Trinity Summer Series - July 2018

Options
  • 02-03-2018 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

The Trinity Summer series is back this July!

Grace Jones 23 July
    Il Divo 24 July
    Rag’n’Bone Man 25 July
    Bryan Ferry 27 July
    Gavin James 28 July
    Imelda May 29 July

Tickets go on sale next Friday 9 March

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

That's fairly uninteresting for me...!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

THats some deviation from last year. I wouldn't be interested in any of those acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

From the people that brought you Longitude, here's Decrepitude (apart from Grace Jones)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Now that is well disappointing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

28515055_10156348618479548_1854781808061905730_o.jpg?oh=1463722d408728780ca0b54641e36852&oe=5B017A01

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Does anyone know who is support Imelda May on the 29th, is it Keywest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Does anyone know who is support Imelda May on the 29th, is it KeyWest?

It sure is.Keywest and Paradasia.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Thanks for confirming:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

MattD wrote: »
    That's fairly uninteresting for me...!
    Uninspiring sampled with horrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Would love to go to Grace Jones (for the umpteenth time but may always be the last) and Bryan Ferry next week.

Never been to TCD for gigs before.

My wallet is weeping from the battering it took this summer going to gigs - what chance of getting in cheap once the act starts down there?

• Advertisement

Would love to go to Grace Jones (for the umpteenth time but may always be the last) and Bryan Ferry next week.

Never been to TCD for gigs before.

My wallet is weeping from the battering it took this summer going to gigs - what chance of getting in cheap once the act starts down there?

They’re advertising on national radio now regularly so signs are concerts aren’t sold out_ but depending on what concert you want next week I wouldn’t necessarily leave it to last minute.

Anyone have a seating plan for these concerts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Rag & Bone man had to cancel gigs last week as he couldn't sing, he then put up the weekend he has also got a bug.

doubt this gig will go ahead and if it does, i'm not expecting the best

Rainy and dank and a Monday night but Grace Jones was sensational tonite, if a tad short at 1 hour and 35 minutes.

Her backing band were the best I've ever heard in the five times I've seen her and the arrangements of her songs so rich.

When introducing her band she addressed her son Paolo on percussion (her son with Jean Paul Goude) it was great to see him there.

She herself was a powerhouse as always, if slightly more watching the knees and hips now she's 70.

Mature crowd almost everyone mid 50s up which surprised me as she's a darling of millennial hipsters. I was stood beside a very low key Louis Walsh in a poncho recording the show on his phone, ha!

The site ran out of wine by 9.30, the boomers ain't gonna lie down anytime soon.

Rainy and dank and a Monday night but Grace Jones was sensational tonite, if a tad short at 1 hour and 35 minutes.

Her backing band were the best I've ever heard in the five times I've seen her and the arrangements of her songs so rich.

When introducing her band she addressed her son Paolo on percussion (her son with Jean Paul Goude) it was great to see him there.

She herself was a powerhouse as always, if slightly more watching the knees and hips now she's 70.

Mature crowd almost everyone mid 50s up which surprised me as she's a darling of millennial hipsters. I was stood beside a very low key Louis Walsh in a poncho recording the show on his phone, ha!

The site ran out of wine by 9.30, the boomers ain't gonna lie down anytime soon.

What was seating like? Is it area 1,2 and 3 like last year? If so is 3 close to stage or at the back?

What was seating like? Is it area 1,2 and 3 like last year? If so is 3 close to stage or at the back?

There was no seating at all last night, unless I missed something.

I know they're protecting the grass but that white plastic sheeting is so unsightly.

Anyone know the capacity in there? Is it bigger or smaller than Iveagh Gardens?

It won’t be a pleasant experience for Bryan Ferry this Friday, that’s if the concert is even going ahead.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5986271/Bryan-Ferrys-model-socialite-ex-wife-Lucy-Birley-dies-holiday-aged-58.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

fitzparker wrote: »
    Rag & Bone man had to cancel gigs last week as he couldn't sing, he then put up the weekend he has also got a bug.

doubt this gig will go ahead and if it does, i'm not expecting the best

Well not cancelled yet anyway so presume it's going ahead.

Anyone know the stage times yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

frash wrote: »
    Well not cancelled yet anyway so presume it's going ahead.

Anyone know the stage times yet?

Bump

Would like to go tonight but it's threatening to be a washout weather wise later on.

Anyone know stage times?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Would like to go tonight but it's threatening to be a washout weather wise later on.

Anyone know stage times?

Support act Ultan Conlon is on at 7:45pm.
    No stage times showing yet for Mr Ferry

• Advertisement

Simply brilliant concert. Band were spot on and Ferry in top form. Rained for 2nd half but no one gave a damn - very glad I went.

Simply brilliant concert. Band were spot on and Ferry in top form. Rained for 2nd half but no one gave a damn - very glad I went.

It was a night I won't forget in a hurry.

Very eerie atmosphere at the gig, between the largely melancholy setlist, the darker sky due to the eclipse and rain and the knowledge of the bad news he received this week. Kudos to him for going ahead with it at all.

He and the band as you said were brilliant.

Ferocious amount of talking from the largely mature crowd.

I think it would be a much better show indoors, such as Electric Arena (hint hint).

It was a night I won't forget in a hurry.

Very eerie atmosphere at the gig, between the largely melancholy setlist, the darker sky due to the eclipse and rain and the knowledge of the bad news he received this week. Kudos to him for going ahead with it at all.

He and the band as you said were brilliant.

Ferocious amount of talking from the largely mature crowd.

I think it would be a much better show indoors, such as Electric Arena (hint hint).

I was one of the younger ones there and I’m no spring chicken :D

Thanks to security up the front who kept an old bitch (yes, she was early 70s and a bitch) in check from disrupting people around her from enjoying the concert- bit of talking throughout the support act but some of their songs would drive a pioneer to drink :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Seeing as it was Bryan Ferry and not Roxy Music, did he do any of the solo hits like In Crowd, one of my favourites by him.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Seeing as it was Bryan Ferry and not Roxy Music, did he do any of the solo hits like In Crowd, one of my favourites by him.

He didn't do that one anyway, the only one I recognized of his solo material was Slave to Love, but I've never been seriously into him so forgive me. He seemed to have solo material bookended with Roxy tracks at the start and end. I'm on a bucket list road trip of all the big names when they play at the moment.

With that in mind I found last night really affecting and I've been thinking about it all today. There was an atmosphere in there I don't think I've felt at gigs before, a kind of sadness in the whole set if thats the right word. I'd love to see him again.

He didn't do that one anyway, the only one I recognized of his solo material was Slave to Love, but I've never been seriously into him so forgive me. He seemed to have solo material bookended with Roxy tracks at the start and end. I'm on a bucket list road trip of all the big names when they play at the moment.

With that in mind I found last night really affecting and I've been thinking about it all today. There was an atmosphere in there I don't think I've felt at gigs before, a kind of sadness in the whole set if thats the right word. I'd love to see him again.

I couldnt get into it. Left after about 8 songs. The crowd where I was just seemed to want to chatter. Never seen it so bad. However I was dealing with a bereavement myself so may have affected my mood.

bullpost wrote: »
    I couldnt get into it. Left after about 8 songs. The crowd where I was just seemed to want to chatter. Never seen it so bad. However I was dealing with a bereavement myself so may have affected my mood.

I'm really sorry to hear that.

The mood there was very intense anyway, between his own bereavement in the week and the sense of a weather storm coming.

Agreed, the chatter (at the back and sides) was brutal.

bullpost wrote: »

Disappointed to hear that. Chatter wasn't an issue where I was- maybe "over-enthusiastic" fans (leaving aside a stupid idiot from hell that was dealt with by security) was the worst I could say but they were cool overall-

Maybe the bereavement affected your enjoyment of the concert. Between Ferry's mostly slow songs and the very depressing support act, I can imagine it wouldn't have been the ideal concert.

But I thought it was something special but I was up front so was oblivious to what went on behind me.

I'm really sorry to hear that.

The mood there was very intense anyway, between his own bereavement in the week and the sense of a weather storm coming.

Agreed, the chatter (at the back and sides) was brutal.

Thanks. Will put it down to circumstances and hope to catch him indoors in the future.

• Advertisement
Advertisement