Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hive Blockchain Technologies Limited

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Finally seeing BTC and ETH going their separate ways this week. Don't understand it. Hopefully HIVE goes with the BTC trend even though we aren't mining it yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

GROW is on the bullish bears watchlist for today. Hive went 10% yesterday but grow went 17.3%. They've 10 million Hive shares, looks like both will move up again today or else short them who knows I can't predict it.
    https://www.google.ie/search?q=grow+share+price&oq=grow+share+pr&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.9809j0j4&client=ms-android-razer&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

BTC and ETH down 3%, HIVE down 8-12%. Logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

BTC & ETH down, HIVE not exactly dropping like a stone. Positive enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

When's the next financials? Is it next month?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

I think I am starting to give up on any short term (<1 year) result from HIVE.

I do believe in their premise, but I think it'll be a long haul investment to get my money back

TheSheriff wrote: »
    I think I am starting to give up on any short term (<1 year) result from HIVE.

I do believe in their premise, but I think it'll be a long haul investment to get my money back

What's your average price down to if you don't mind me asking? Hovering around the $1.70 myself, thinking of getting this down to $1.30 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

What's your average price down to if you don't mind me asking? Hovering around the $1.70 myself, thinking of getting this down to $1.30 or so.

I bought in at $1.73, so quite the way to go! I am not going to invest anymore however until we get some type of positive upswing.

I also think they have huge room to expand their marketing/online presence, there are tonnes of people interested in Crypto, if a fraction of them would get on this it could take off - think of all the people taking punts on random ICOs where no product actually exists and you are being promised some form of token....

Bitcoin ETF should go some way to tackling the hit by the Bitcoin Futures the next one before the SEC is a Vangurd one so might be a bit more crediable, what the NYSE and Microsoft are working on seems it might drag crypto into the main stream https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/03/starbucks-partners-with-microsoft-ice-on-new-cryptocurrency.html

Don't think it'll take a year to see a return, Hopefully uncle Frank calls it right this time and September is going to be a huge month for Hive.

• Advertisement

Hope you're right Drunkmonkey. Is the rocket back on the launchpad ?

Would also like to know when next financials are.

90 days from end of quarter so near the end of September I'd assume, they got away with 120 day on the last results as it was year end.

The Hive, Ethereum, crypto bloodbath continues.

Ethereum mass sell off

Time to buy more HIVE.

This is a bit strange especially the North American piece, what ever happened to Kolos...

August 15, 2018

HIVE Announces Upcoming Launch of Cloud Based ASIC Mining Power

Zug, Switzerland and Vancouver, Canada – HIVE Blockchain Technologies Ltd. (TSX.V:HIVE) (OTC:HVBTF) (the “Company” or “HIVE”) is pleased to announce it will launch 200 Petahashes (“PH”) of cloud based SHA-256 mining power (“Cloud Mining”) in September 2018. The Cloud Mining is an amendment to the terms of HIVE’s previous December 2017 agreement with Genesis Mining Ltd. (“Genesis”) to add 200 PHs of SHA-256 capacity in Sweden. Under the revised agreement, 200 PHs will be provided pursuant to a cloud hosting arrangement until delivery of the mining rigs occurs within the next twelve months. The amendment allows for lower operating costs than was previously expected of taking delivery of the miners in Sweden and gives HIVE flexibility to install the future delivery of the mining rigs in an advantageous region, which is anticipated to be in a facility in North America. As previously announced, production is expected to commence on September 30, 2018.

The strategic decision to implement cloud based deployment with its technology partner, Genesis, allows the Company to benefit from more cost-effective mining operations and enhances HIVE’s operational flexibility by enabling the Company to more quickly adapt to changing network conditions across multiple geographies.

As planned, the upcoming mining power diversifies the mining capacity of the Company by introducing the ability to mine SHA-256 ASIC-based coins which will have an immediate positive impact on growing HIVE’s already sizeable coin inventory.

“HIVE remains dedicated to adding additional low cost capacity to our mining network and we continue to work with our partners at Genesis who remain flexible and committed to helping HIVE explore best alternatives.” said Harry Pokrandt, CEO and Director of HIVE. “The deployment of 200 PHs nearly doubles the Company’s mining power, bringing total capacity to 44 MW across the HIVE network and further expands our business model; we will soon be mining Bitcoin and can add other SHA-256 coins, including Bitcoin Cash. We will continue to look for additional opportunities to deploy capital within the blockchain ecosystem and to build upon the positive financial results that we announced in July.”

Confusing. Maybe being strategic about investing capital in hard assets right now, given the bearish market?

I've been thinking about it, just got a mail from Genesis to say goodbye to a few cloud miners as I think Hive just simplified their business model.

From listening to one of the technical Genesis guys a while back their biggest problem was the volume of customers getting daily payouts and all the power to verify/record/store those transactions was a logistical nightmare let alone customer care of all the new customers.

Now Geneisis can hugely drop their costs of production and Hive keeps the Swedish $50 million it would have otherwise spent on equipment while still adding the same capacity.

I'm going to assume it's a good thing as we've just saved a packet and still ended up in the same place.

At present with the exponentially increasing hashrates I'm struggling as an investor to see the business model working.

The business model switch also rings alarm bells. Hope I'm wrong but struggling to see a bright future. As time goes on the same hardware mines less so unless coins go up in value to counter this where do they go... power prices even if they are low will be fixed, then you have service costs and the cost of replacing parts. Feels a little like a giant bet on them mining the right coins, which will rise in value.

• Advertisement

I guess you could make the argument that with the increasing hashrates the price of the tokens should go up considering they are harder to attain. Then again so will the price of the power required to mine them.  Obviously nobody is sure how that will play out. Opinions welcome.
    Another thing that makes me suspicious is the warrants. Is there any reasonable reason to create warrants, apart from giving people an opportunity to make money if the share price goes up.  Can't see the logic in doing this as the shareholders will already own stock which would appreciate. To me it looks a hollow attempt to steal value from those already bought in. The whole thing is starting to feel very fishy. Can anyone offer an alternative view? Is it actually common for a decent company?

Saw a lot of talk about the team behind Hive initially. Now I see the CEO being an EX banker, the main adviser (Frankie) lining his pockets, the supplier (Genesis) taking a huge chunk of change from the company. Are we still positive the team are a trustworthy bunch. I've read of links to a influential ex US president of questionable morality. How sure are people HIVE is still worth being invested in?

Questionable Morality? And every fecker on this island wanted to elect his wife. Get out of town with that one unless you show me your Trump badge.

The thinking is the price of bitcoin goes up to such a point that not most people can't afford one, what you have them is a millions of bits of one bitcoin aka derivatives and from those derivatives you can have more derivatives so 1 single bitcoin can morphy into many usable parts. Were a couple of hundred years away from the last bitcoin being mined so there's not going to be any huge influx of bitcoins any time soon regardless of all the miners. Holding onto the coins should bring long term value if crypto sticks around. That's the bitcoin, as for the other cryptos i'm not so sure of their future. When the ETF's and trusted exchanges like the NYSE come on board we'll probably see it move to a few crypto's like Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic etc.

Post on stockhouse reckons Harry just exercised 533,333 warrants at .30 cents each. Any truth in that? DM the only thing you could disagree with in my posts was a reference to Bill. That's worrying in itself!

Yes it was listed on sedar the other day he exercised the warrants and converted them to shares.
    Plenty I could disagree with in the posts but a lot of it unknown don't think any of us know for sure how it'll all play out.
    Not a fan of the Clinton's but from the start the Fiore group were involved not too concerned about his friends just his ability to make money http://energyandgold.com/2017/06/14/fiore-group-and-genesis-mining-partner-to-launch-hive-blockchain/

Is that normal? Like I get giving stock to the CEO. CEO get's stock as reward for growing the share price. Boosting shareholder wealth in the process.
    Warrant's on the other hand. Seemly solely to strip wealth from the shareholders through dilution and give it to the redeemer. In this case the redeemer is the CEO, who hasn't grown the shareholder wealth, rather lost it as the share price is sinking. What did he actually do he to be due theses warrants, or did he and the board just gift them to himself. It looks like the later, which looks like a law abiding way of stripping money from his own company / investors.

Any reason for today's increase?

Insert serious answer here.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

The sun rose in the East.

Perhaps this?

Positive news for blockchains

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/world-s-first-global-blockchain-bond-raises-usd-110-million-841348373.html

Earnings on Wednesday after close. Bitcoin future shorts are at lowest ever. All looking bullish.

• Advertisement

Bought a few hundred last week at .70, should have been braver.

Advertisement