Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hive Blockchain Technologies Limited

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Stating to see this as money lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

GROW up 20% today

A start

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

retalivity wrote: »

Genuinely didn't find this damning at all? Pure skepticism ?

• Advertisement

Nothing new really, especially sceptical considering author has a vested interest in HUT 8.

After a long hard think, I sold 1/2 my stake in HIVE today, massive loss.

First buy was 3.27, average cost of 1.55 is now back closer to 3.

Making a few quid on all non crypto related stocks so can't have a stock there stagnant / depreciating.

I'll keep the rest until it goes bust or to the moon, maybe buy more if it drops significantly.

Typically when I sell a stock it will rally, so good luck ! :D

RIP

What worries me more is the deafening silence from the company.

For me , I'm down so low on this there's no point getting out now - just wish they'd give some update as to what they are actually doing i.e. despite the crypto downturn they still are ploughing ahead with their vision etc. They are a PR nightmare

TheSheriff wrote: »
    What worries me more is the deafening silence from the company.

For me , I'm down so low on this there's no point getting out now - just wish they'd give some update as to what they are actually doing i.e. despite the crypto downturn they still are ploughing ahead with their vision etc. They are a PR nightmare

100%. No updates on anything, ever.

What also worries me is that Frank Holmes youtube is public, and his playlists include videos called "what is crypto". :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Shouldn't we have financials at the end of this month. Another write down of assets on what should have been a good quarter.
    This is bitcoin though god only knows what could happen yet.

• Advertisement

Shouldn't we have financials at the end of this month. Another write down of assets on what should have been a good quarter.

Yeah , my understanding is the next financials are due before year end - hopefully these are promising.

I knew going into this it was a purely spectulative buy. Willing to hold for the long term - I think this stock is too closely tied to the crypto prices to write it off completley just yet. That said, it could be years if ? people ever see green again on this - it would have to break 1.30 for me.

Yeah , my understanding is the next financials are due before year end - hopefully these are promising.

I knew going into this it was a purely spectulative buy. Willing to hold for the long term - I think this stock is too closely tied to the crypto prices to write it off completley just yet. That said, it could be years if ? people ever see green again on this - it would have to break 1.30 for me.

If bitcoin stays on its bull run we'll all see green yet...it is but a blip.

There's a bit of volume today somebody is buying up the shaky hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

TheSheriff wrote: »

Ha ha...I need it to hit 1.90!

November 20, 2018

HIVE Announces Improved Financial Terms of its Bitcoin Mining Contract, Welcomes Marco Streng, CEO of Genesis Group, as Vice Chairman
    and Appoints Darcy Daubaras as New CFO

Zug, Switzerland and Vancouver, Canada – HIVE Blockchain Technologies Ltd. (TSX.V:HIVE) (OTC:HVBTF) (the “Company” or “HIVE”) today announced that it is ushering in a new chapter for the Company as HIVE transitions from its initial start-up phase to HIVE 2.0. HIVE became a publicly listed company in September 2017 and is now a fully operational blockchain infrastructure company operating significant GPU and ASIC mining capacity. The Company is pleased to provide an update on its ASIC mining capacity which began operations on time on September 30, 2018. The previously announced cloud-based contract has been amended to reduce operating costs by ~30%, retroactive to October 1, 2018, and provides the option to extend the contract term to two years from one year. Management believes this will have an immediate positive impact on profitability and cash flow generation for the Company.

Additionally, HIVE is pleased to announce that it has appointed Marco Streng, CEO of Genesis Group (“Genesis”) and a co-founder of HIVE, as its Vice Chairman and that it has appointed Darcy Daubaras as Chief Financial Officer effective immediately. Mr. Daubaras replaces Jessica Van Den Akker who has resigned from the Company. Mr. Daubaras will assume responsibility for signing off on the Company’s second quarter financial statements. Management believes that these are positive corporate developments for HIVE and mark important milestones for the Company as it continues to expand its blockchain footprint and looks towards positive cash flow generation.

Marco Streng is the CEO and co-founder of Genesis as well as a co-founder of HIVE and brings significant experience in the blockchain infrastructure ecosystem. His experience benefits HIVE as the Company expands its footprint and presence in blockchain, including Bitcoin mining. Since its inception in 2013 and under the direction of Marco Streng, Genesis has grown to become the largest hashpower provider in the cloud and a leading services provider to the blockchain industry.

Mr. Daubaras brings over 20 years of experience in corporate accounting and public company service. Prior to joining HIVE, Darcy was a member of the executive team at FinancialCAD Corporation. Mr. Daubaras has previously served as the Chief Financial Officer for Canadian listed public companies as well as serving as the Director of Corporate Accounting with Mercer International. Darcy was awarded a CPA, CA designation from the Chartered Professional Accountants of British Columbia as well as being awarded a CPA designation in Illinois and has experience with Sarbanes-Oxley. He received a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Victoria.

“I am pleased to welcome Darcy to the executive team and believe his significant experience will serve HIVE extremely well as we enter the next phase of the Company which we are calling HIVE 2.0.” said Frank Holmes, Interim Executive Chairman. “I am also pleased that Marco has agreed to join the Board of Directors given his expertise in blockchain as CEO and co-founder of Genesis. Further, the amendments made to the cloud-based services agreement with Genesis mean that HIVE’s mining operations are expected to see improved profitability despite current market conditions and we remain bullish on the long-term value of cryptocurrencies in spite of volatility seen throughout 2018.”

November 20, 2018

HIVE Announces Improved Financial Terms of its Bitcoin Mining Contract, Welcomes Marco Streng, CEO of Genesis Group, as Vice Chairman
    and Appoints Darcy Daubaras as New CFO

Zug, Switzerland and Vancouver, Canada – HIVE Blockchain Technologies Ltd. (TSX.V:HIVE) (OTC:HVBTF) (the “Company” or “HIVE”) today announced that it is ushering in a new chapter for the Company as HIVE transitions from its initial start-up phase to HIVE 2.0. HIVE became a publicly listed company in September 2017 and is now a fully operational blockchain infrastructure company operating significant GPU and ASIC mining capacity. The Company is pleased to provide an update on its ASIC mining capacity which began operations on time on September 30, 2018. The previously announced cloud-based contract has been amended to reduce operating costs by ~30%, retroactive to October 1, 2018, and provides the option to extend the contract term to two years from one year. Management believes this will have an immediate positive impact on profitability and cash flow generation for the Company.

Additionally, HIVE is pleased to announce that it has appointed Marco Streng, CEO of Genesis Group (“Genesis”) and a co-founder of HIVE, as its Vice Chairman and that it has appointed Darcy Daubaras as Chief Financial Officer effective immediately. Mr. Daubaras replaces Jessica Van Den Akker who has resigned from the Company. Mr. Daubaras will assume responsibility for signing off on the Company’s second quarter financial statements. Management believes that these are positive corporate developments for HIVE and mark important milestones for the Company as it continues to expand its blockchain footprint and looks towards positive cash flow generation.

Marco Streng is the CEO and co-founder of Genesis as well as a co-founder of HIVE and brings significant experience in the blockchain infrastructure ecosystem. His experience benefits HIVE as the Company expands its footprint and presence in blockchain, including Bitcoin mining. Since its inception in 2013 and under the direction of Marco Streng, Genesis has grown to become the largest hashpower provider in the cloud and a leading services provider to the blockchain industry.

Mr. Daubaras brings over 20 years of experience in corporate accounting and public company service. Prior to joining HIVE, Darcy was a member of the executive team at FinancialCAD Corporation. Mr. Daubaras has previously served as the Chief Financial Officer for Canadian listed public companies as well as serving as the Director of Corporate Accounting with Mercer International. Darcy was awarded a CPA, CA designation from the Chartered Professional Accountants of British Columbia as well as being awarded a CPA designation in Illinois and has experience with Sarbanes-Oxley. He received a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Victoria.

“I am pleased to welcome Darcy to the executive team and believe his significant experience will serve HIVE extremely well as we enter the next phase of the Company which we are calling HIVE 2.0.” said Frank Holmes, Interim Executive Chairman. “I am also pleased that Marco has agreed to join the Board of Directors given his expertise in blockchain as CEO and co-founder of Genesis. Further, the amendments made to the cloud-based services agreement with Genesis mean that HIVE’s mining operations are expected to see improved profitability despite current market conditions and we remain bullish on the long-term value of cryptocurrencies in spite of volatility seen throughout 2018.”

Should I book in with the Ferrari dealer for a test drive so or what?

God damn picked up another 1000... good discount to last week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Wonder will it hit zero soon!

I think today's announcement will do very little to stop the decline...it's a bit too little too late.

They need to be releasing updates way more frequently to let investors know there is still people driving the ship

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Earleybird

Absolute focking bargain - gonna make us all rich. And quick.:p

How do I insert a pissing myself emoji? It's very quick alright, that I can't argue with.

Sorry no place for me in this thread anymore, but please get real lads. Christ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭TallyRand

Earleybird wrote: »
    How do I insert a pissing myself emoji? It's very quick alright, that I can't argue with.

Sorry no place for me in this thread anymore, but please get real lads. Christ.

I do feel bad for the lads who were backing this, a re-read of this thread is the muggiest stuff I’ve ever seen.

Now I don’t want anyone to feel like a mug, but please let this die quietly lads. Don’t try and defend, leave he hole where it is for the love of god.

TallyRand wrote: »
    I do feel bad for the lads who were backing this, a re-read of this thread is the muggiest stuff I’ve ever seen.

Now I don’t want anyone to feel like a mug, but please let this die quietly lads. Don’t try and defend, leave he hole where it is for the love of god.

Mee-oow!

TallyRand wrote: »

Advice taken

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭TallyRand

Advice taken

Never claimed to be an expert back in 2013 but believe me a 5 year old amateur question doesn’t trump this thread. A few beauts in here.

It took me a day to realise I done that money, from a gamble tip of a “shrewd” friend. The levels of delusion in this thread are unparalleled.

I was going to say this morning that this is going up 15/20% today but decided ye'd all think I was gone full retard.

Nice volume

Shoukd be a 15/20% drop tomorrow, will pick up a few more.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Shoukd be a 15/20% drop tomorrow, will pick up a few more.

It's dropped 95% since peak. The way this run is going it could go very close to zero

Not good news coming out of Norway with electricity prises going up for crypto miners they'll have to pay the same as everyone else.
    If it goes to 10 cent I'll average down, crypto is in free fall, more write down of assets in the next financials.
    Can't see it going to 0 through.

• Advertisement

Enormous orders in the last hour before close. Good day all things considered but probably a dump imminent..

Advertisement