Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hive Blockchain Technologies Limited

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I knew I should have averaged down. Hard to know what the bitcoin is going to do could get dumped again in the next 24hrs. Hive is priced all wrong though it shouldn't be reacting this hard to short term price movement. Hopefully something positive in the next 48hrs.

Results tonight after close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Any thoughts? Can't pull one positive from the results myself.

I only glanced at them, didn't look good, I'll have a proper look in the morning when we have all the info after the call...

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Have written off all of this money now tbh

• Advertisement

Almost 5k down the sewer with this one. I still see a crypto / blockchain future but I'm now concerned how HIVE will survive while running a loss for any decent length of time. Dip buying Tesla and Amazon have somewhat eased the pain.

Ahh now hive is a 1yr old start up, Tesla and Amazon are well established, Tesla has never turned a profit if you take grants out of the equasion and Amazon has been running on losses for years.
    I think Hive will carry on but need to move from straight up crypto mining to getting a few transaction processing contracts from the like of fidelity, they said from the start it would take a few years to reach visa levels.

Ahh now hive is a 1yr old start up, Tesla and Amazon are well established, Tesla has never turned a profit if you take grants out of the equasion and Amazon has been running on losses for years.
    I think Hive will carry on but need to move from straight up crypto mining to getting a few transaction processing contracts from the like of fidelity, they said from the start it would take a few years to reach visa levels.

I know and I hope you're right but I just hope the funds are there as required to keep on keeping on.

What happened to our $100 million in the bank?

Did you see today's announcement, were getting more Watts and can pay in Ethereum and shares at 55c.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Massive losses today surely

• Advertisement

Down 10% already

Or not...

Picked up a few thousand now for the craic more than anything, plus they cost nothing. I see they're finally active on Facebook, posting pointless articles every few days.

Hang in there..

Hive will hang in, plenty gone boom hopefully. Nothing like a sub 3k bitcoin to shake out some shale oil miners.

Hive will hang in, plenty gone boom hopefully. Nothing like a sub 3k bitcoin to shake out some shale oil miners.

Picked up 6500 at 24.5 last week.

Insert Lambo joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Glad to see an increased frequency of email communications from HIVE, someone somewhere has copped that silence doesn't work !

TheSheriff wrote: »
    Glad to see an increased frequency of email communications from HIVE, someone somewhere has copped that silence doesn't work !

They are positing daily on their Facebook page too. I think there are more fans in here than on their page.

Yes, at the very least they are attempting to raise awareness of the company. I saw their email this morn about their new partnership with AI something or other - haven't had a chance to read up on it as travelling. Any thoughts on whether it's a good move or just more smoke ?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Any new insights here? Write it off?

• Advertisement

Not a hope I'm writing this off yet...bitcoin is behaving itself, tons of capacity added. It's future cash flow puts it over $5 a share.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Ive got my avg share price down to -40c, ill let it sit for a few months and see what happens. Seems to be a little more life in it recently anyway

Anyone checked the share price today ?

Not a hope I'm writing this off yet...bitcoin is behaving itself, tons of capacity added. It's future cash flow puts it over $5 a share.

$5 is used lambo territory for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Hmmm. :eek:
    Anyone checked the share price today ?

Up 49% in Frankfurt today - whats going on?

Closed up 17% on the TSX.

Not sure why the 400% average volume.

Crypto hasn't changed since Friday really.

Fully expected this to tank today

I might be the only one left here, if not, hang in there.

Great volume today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Im still in, bep is now around 34c. Only small though, about 1500shares

Advertisement