Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hive Blockchain Technologies Limited

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

What's the outlook? Will I ever BE at €2 an get me money back?:p:rolleyes:

Only way to make it back is sell up and put it back in Bitcoin.

Took me a long time to make back the €6k I lost on this turd!

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Only way to make it back is sell up and put it back in Bitcoin.

You reckon? down about 44% on this Hive dogsh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'm hanging in there, it's overdue a good leg up, Bitcoin has been pretty stable.
    Not sure why they decided to delay financials, when's Ether moving to proof of stake?

My problem with it is they are offering exposure by being miners, but have a lot more risks than just holding the crypto itself.

As we found out with Marco etc.

I’ve recouped far more than I lost by just getting stuck into Bitcoin itself.

I will admit the majority of their emails are positive lately which is unusual !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Anyone else still have any of these. I still have a bunch so left them sit there, but a random check today and it's up a bit recently. Am I mad to hope for CAD 1.30 someday!?

• Advertisement

The last time Bitcoin was at its current price this was $3.40. Make of that what you will. Absolute sh1t show in hindsight one of the worst investment decisions I ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The last time Bitcoin was at its current price this was $3.40. Make of that what you will. Absolute sh1t show in hindsight one of the worst investment decisions I ever made.
    I do remember asking you at the time what the point of investing in this was compared to just buying the ETH yourself, I like crypto (well I like ETH and BTC) but any of these companies that tried to hitch themselves to the hype train always looked too dodgy for me.

Thargor wrote: »
    I do remember asking you at the time what the point of investing in this was compared to just buying the ETH yourself, I like crypto (well I like ETH and BTC) but any of these companies that tried to hitch themselves to the hype train always looked too dodgy for me.

Dodgy CEO’s, outrageous falling outs between themselves and Marco etc. Just pure madness. Lost more on this in the same time frame than had I bought eth / btc. GBTC a far better way to gain portfolio exposure without ceos woes. Very content now holding the real thing however. Live and learn.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Still holding 1000 shares here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

beertons wrote: »
    Still holding 1000 shares here.

Same, have about 1000.

Would need it to get back to ~1$ to break even. Some bit of movement the past few days, but I'm not hopeful.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'm at my BEP now, but down in other things so going to hold on for a while and see where it goes.

TheSheriff wrote: »
    Same, have about 1000.

Would need it to get back to ~1$ to break even. Some bit of movement the past few days, but I'm not hopeful.

Opened strong today your getting close..

Thanks for the comments. It's a weird one, I hear everyone saying it's a turd and I should sell, but it's now nearly twice what it was a few months back when I thought of getting out. The company still exists, right? Do people think it'll simply go bust sooner or later or just never grow a while lot more in value?

There’s a good chance you’ll continue to make money once crypto continues to go up. It’s just more risky than holding the actual crypto itself.

On a bit of a rip there now, not sure it's bitcoin price or the news of another 50MW deal https://hiveblockchain.com/news/

Quite the rally today.....there may be a profit in this yet!

Gone gang busters again. I'm nearly at B/E

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JaimeLannister

Just sold at $1.20 for a modest gain having pretty much written these off since last year or so. Tis a funny old game. That's enough crypto-related investing for me......still think it could go on rising another bit but if a fall comes it will drop hard so i'll take this opportunity to bail. Good luck to all still holding!

Just sold at $1.20 for a modest gain having pretty much written these off since last year or so. Tis a funny old game. That's enough crypto-related investing for me......still think it could go on rising another bit but if a fall comes it will drop hard so i'll take this opportunity to bail. Good luck to all still holding!

Do we know why this is happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JaimeLannister

I'd have thought mainly due to the surge in crypto prices. Bitcoin is near all-time highs and has been rising solid for the past month or two. Hive has been ticking along nicely along with that. Ethereum has really kicked off in the last week or so (going from c$500 to c$600 over the weekend), and this seems to have triggered the extreme rises in Hive share price since Friday. Of course there could be other stuff going on but that seems like the most obvious reason.

• Advertisement

Huge gains for anyone who took a gamble at the ATL of 0.08cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

TheSheriff wrote: »
    Same, have about 1000.

Didn't take long. It's $1.12 now !!

6 wrote: »
    Didn't take long. It's $1.12 now !!

It was 1.24 at one stage

Up 27% today to $ 1.25CAD. Maybe the magic $ 1.30CAD BEP for me might actually happen.......

• Registered Users Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Up almost 1300% since the low of 9c!

Not that many probably took a chance then!

Sold at CAD1.30 start of day, BEP was 1.2982. It can go to CAD 3 for all I care, I'm just glad to be out! Good luck to anyone who's hanging on

It's up another nice bit today. I had written this one off so I'm going to let it run and see what happens

With the proof of stake is that hoard of ethereum generating passive income now? I'm seeing you can earn between 4&10% per stake. Anyone looked into it?

With the proof of stake is that hoard of ethereum generating passive income now? I'm seeing you can earn between 4&10% per stake. Anyone looked into it?

?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,409 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yes it is. You need 32ETH though and your coins are gone. Until you can get them out and nobody can tell you when that is. Very risky for very little reward imho.

There are exchanges, like Kraken, that are creating interesting investment products around this, like being able to stake less than 32ETH and being able to exchange your stuck staked coins for unstuck coins

You're in the wrong thread though :p

Advertisement