Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hive Blockchain Technologies Limited

Options

Comments

why would bitcoin get a bounce with the world cup :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

seems a bit fanciful imo. frequently you get these type of stories e.g. the Chinese new year will boost price etc. with no subsequent effect.
    when has bitcoin actually been used as a transactional tool on a large scale beyond ransomware requests and the darkweb!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

drunkmonkey, any foresight for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

well it's on it's usual downward trajectory today anyway...it was a hot tip to double in value within 2 weeks back in February Caveat Emptor etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Should be below $1 soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Hard to see what they are doing apart from diluting investor money with cheap warrants. Seems to be closer to a ponzi scheme. That said the bitcoin and Ethereum are creeping upwards too. So surely should increase. What is the bottom dollar value? Can't seem to find support at any level...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

The Block ETF are still buying Hive and the short interest is waning. Hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Could we take a turn at 1.10 for a second time. Nice roll back to 1.75 then :pac:

It's way in the oversold terrority, rocket ship still on the launchpad, just waiting on some fuel to take off.

• Advertisement

Oh dear.

Take me to the moon! A solid buy tip from me!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Earleybird

Not even trading 12 months, Paddy Power do short term investments if patience isn't your game.

Earleybird wrote: »
    Not even trading 12 months, Paddy Power do short term investments if patience isn't your game.

Thanks mate.I'll pile in there so in the morning

Anyone thinking of loading the truck up cheaply?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Thats what i thought i was doing at 1.40!

retalivity wrote: »
    Thats what i thought i was doing at 1.40!

Likewise at 3.20 !

Yes was thinking if it goes to 90c cad or below I'd average done as much as I could.
    Spotted another way to play it yesterday, shorty the **** out of GROW, hasn't taken a hard as hit as it should have yet, Frank won't be happy but who cares I'd guess it's GROW off loading Hive shares https://seekingalpha.com/article/4181044-growing-short-u-s-global

The way Eth is going this stock could be below 75 cent soon

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    The way Eth is going this stock could be below 75 cent soon

The lower the better while it's drifting, I'd be happy to double up at 75c.

Upstarts ipo'n on the LSE http://hibusiness.ca/2018/06/13/london-stock-exchange-has-approved-first-crypto-company-on-its-list-of-stock-argo-blockchain/ hoping to compete with Genesis.
    Think there mad, Hive has all the benefits of buying shares in Genesis without the cost of managing 2 million customers with daily payouts.

• Advertisement

so if crypto's keep tanking do these guys have a business?

what price levels are required to make them profitable?

could be a glut of gpu's on the second-hand market soon.

glasso wrote: »
    so if crypto's keep tanking do these guys have a business?

what price levels are required to make them profitable?

could be a glut of gpu's on the second-hand market soon.

Very profitable as it is, if you look back to the first 12 days of operations with a tiny fraction of the capacity they still has a very healthy margin and that was when Ethereum was $299 it's $490 right now. Also electricity costs have come down and processing power has increased.

"Zug, Switzerland and Vancouver, Canada – HIVE Blockchain Technologies Ltd. (TSX.V:HIVE) (the “Company” or “HIVE”) is pleased to release its results for the second quarter ended September 30, 2017 (all amounts in US dollars, unless otherwise indicated).

In the quarter, HIVE formed a strategic partnership with Genesis Mining Ltd. (“Genesis”), the world’s largest digital currency mining hashpower provider. In conjunction, HIVE acquired and commenced operations at its initial 2.05 megawatt (“MW”) digital currency mining facility in Iceland. Included in the financial results for the quarter are just twelve full days of operations from the initial facility, which resulted in revenues of $170,819 and a mining margin of $112,959 (see Note 1). Although not illustrative of a full quarter or of HIVE’s rapidly expanding operations, these results mark the beginning of the Company’s commercial activity."

One bad thing about the next results is they may have to write down the value of their hoarded coins because of the drop in cryptop prices. Were unsure what's in the safe besides Ether so it could go anyway.
    Regardless, it's making money and lots of it.

The lower the better while it's drifting, I'd be happy to double up at 75c.

Upstarts ipo'n on the LSE http://hibusiness.ca/2018/06/13/london-stock-exchange-has-approved-first-crypto-company-on-its-list-of-stock-argo-blockchain/ hoping to compete with Genesis.
    Think there mad, Hive has all the benefits of buying shares in Genesis without the cost of managing 2 million customers with daily payouts.

What if it goes to 25c or 10c?

No reason it can't

Picking up another 1000 in the next 24 hours. Have averaged down a lot, still can't see HIVE disappearing despite the hammering, so may as well.

Be greedy when others are fearful and fearful when others are greedy - drunkmonkeys ancestors

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    What if it goes to 25c or 10c?

No reason it can't

Absolutely no reason it can't before earnings, the lower the better I hope as want to buy more, don't think people get how they make money. There just looking at crypto prices and thinking these guys are bust, that's for from reality.

it's June 2018. why haven't they reported earnings since Q3 2017?
    most public companies report a month or two after quarter end no?
    would expect up to end Q1 2018 to be out by now.

End of June I thought?

They've 120 days from last quarter as it's year end, so looks like the end of July for audited year end accounts.

The Year-end Filing The year-end filing deadlines for: • Toronto Stock Exchange – “TSX” issuers is: 90 days after the financial year-end • Toronto Stock Exchange Venture – “TSX-V” issuers is 120 days after year-end

Unbelievable delay this day in age.

• Advertisement

Unbelievable delay this day in age.

It's the rules not much you can do about it, sure look if cryptos are flying at the end of July we'll be having a party.

Advertisement