Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying for Creche

Options
  • 02-03-2018 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi All,
    What is the story with paying for creche when they decide to close.

They closed yesterday and today, even though we are down to a Status Orange now.

They tell me that they are following instruction from the DCYA, which is completely acceptable. However am I still liable for the full weeks fee

Also I have one child in Preschool who has missed two days of her entitled preschool time.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Are you getting paid from your job for this time off?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Cypresstree

Dardania wrote: »
    Are you getting paid from your job for this time off?

I'm taking unpaid leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

OP I wouldn’t be surprised if the ECCE days will need to be made up either over Easter or June.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

In that case, that's your argument to the creche if they try to charge you for the time. I'd hold fire and dispute it with them when the bill is received, and it may be no harm to try find out if the staff were paid for their time.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Cypresstree

Dardania wrote: »
    In that case, that's your argument to the creche if they try to charge you for the time. I'd hold fire and dispute it with them when the bill is received, and it may be no harm to try find out if the staff were paid for their time.[/QUOTE

I'm useless at this kind of thing... I'm really hoping that they make an announcement one way or another. I have a very good relationship with the creche and I am very happy with the care they provide, but if we have to pay for these two days, then we are paying on the double really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Lily13

The ECCE scheme will still be funded for the days a service has to close. Each service has to apply for force majeure days to receive said funding. At the moment them days won't be made back up.

Advertisement