Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricity issue

• 02-03-2018 11:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭

Half of my apartments electric supply has gone, water boiler pumps water and given no electricity, we don't have any tap water now.

The MCB circuit switch is down, tried to pull it up but it keeps going down.

Where do we report this issue? Anyone else experiencing similar problem near Henry Street area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭meercat

Turn your immersion off and try resetting your tripswitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭meercat

Other than that
    Unplug all appliances and then try resetting your trip switch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Something in one of the apartments is not allowing the mcb to stay up I would reckon.Turn off all breakers for the apartments,see if main one will stay up,then turn on each apartment breaker to find which one is the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

If it's just your own apartment.Try turning off each breaker.See if the main one will stay up,then try switching on each one to find what circuit you have a fault on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I turned off all switches and appliances including the water heating and room heating.

Then the main MCB switch remained on while 2 or 3 bottom MCBs were at off position, when i try to turn those on, the main MCB trips down.

Still in the same problem, no water. No fridge. Room heating is working.

Do we report to ESB or landlord?

Any other tips that we can try to fix it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Unplugged everything and waited 15 minutes. Looks like overheating due to heater running in every room.
    Works fine now.

Advertisement