Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield V

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I didnt preorder but got access :)
    Sent them a ticket with the template lost code and they will instantly send an early access code :P

I played all the closed betas and this is so much better in terms of performance, it was unplayable for me on my old rig but solid 70-90 fps low,medium settings @ 1440 144hz.

Gunplay feels a bit tighter, probably the best gunplay of any of the new titles in the series, getting close to the best that of BC2 which to this day has the best gunplay of any BF game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I'm actually tempted now, but I've moved to the UK, but my PC hasn't followed me yet. Might try and borrow my mates gaming laptop.

From the reports it sounds much less arcadey than the trailer makes it out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Played for about 2 hours last night, was pleasantly surprised by the lack of bugs, game ran smooth for the whole time I played it.

Hope they fix the mouse scroll wheel option to select weapons/gadgets, as having to look down at the keyboard to press 3 or 5 is kind of annoying.

I like the targeting, and the little score HUD that pops up when getting suppression shots/kills is nice.

CommRose I used a little, but looks and feels simpler. BF1 rose was more effort.

Still haven't got the hang of spotting yet, need to do research.

Feel free to add me on Origin, username : Lord-Nikon-99

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Played for a couple hours so far. Really enjoying the sniping, nice satisfactory feeling when you get kills. Similar to BC2. Would love to come back to the Battlefield :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    Played for about 2 hours last night, was pleasantly surprised by the lack of bugs, game ran smooth for the whole time I played it.

Hope they fix the mouse scroll wheel option to select weapons/gadgets, as having to look down at the keyboard to press 3 or 5 is kind of annoying.

I like the targeting, and the little score HUD that pops up when getting suppression shots/kills is nice.

CommRose I used a little, but looks and feels simpler. BF1 rose was more effort.

Still haven't got the hang of spotting yet, need to do research.

Feel free to add me on Origin, username : Lord-Nikon-99

There is no spotting as such, you put a marker where you see/last saw enemies, just gives your team a rough idea.

Far better solution to shooting doritos all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Yeah 3D spotting kind of suited BF3/BF4 but it just felt bad in BF1. The terrible maps and game mechanics just compounded things.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Received a Questionable Competency Unlock for this, took me awhile to figure out what happened here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

A lot of people praising the STG 44, but if you get a chance run with the Gwehr with a medium scope.

Oh baby

oh baby

I got some sweet kill streaks with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Played a few hours tonight, it's not bad. New spotting mechanics seem to promote a more campy style of gameplay - or at least that's where I had by far the most success. Not a fan of that style of play myself, but we'll see.
    Overall the game just feels a bit meh to me, just my initial impression.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,094 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I've always been fairly useless with automatic rifles, the game got a lot better for me when I unlocked the M1 Garand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I use the STG-44 assault rifle. It's great up close and if you have to take a long shot switch it's fire rate to single shot and its very good at range. I use the night ops scope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Is the BETA open for everyone now i.e. those who haven't preordered?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

tomorrow i think

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Open to everyone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Levelcapgaming tears it apart - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZdep0iacx0

Seriously long rant ..

I have only played one round so far - seems OK to me but I'll reserve judgment until I've played a good few more rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I've played this on xbox for a few hours
    Some thoughts

I like the tanks scopes and tracer bullets. It makes lining up the shots so much easier

The maps are cool. Rotterdam has so much variety and so many places that have tactical opportunities for a good squad

The scoring system is fixed so finally there are tense endings to conquest games. losing teams can come back from behind and if they control all the flags they can still win a match

The building mechanic is a bit clunky, and I'd say it would really suit modes that are much more defensive orientated like rush or frontlines, and it would give a new role to demo classes who can destroy the sandbags or barbed wire that is blocking a path. It is a bit too slow to do things like repairing a bridge though and there are too many steps that have to be completed separately and your're really exposed all the time so you're pretty much guaranteed to get killed if you try to repair a bridge

There are lots of bugs
    I got game freezes, the gun sights sometimes gets out of line. When you get revived, sometimes you wake up with someone elses kit, and when you revive someone else, sometimes your kit changes
    Lots of ragdoll bodies glitching around the map, sound sometimes doesn't work the way it should
    Sometimes you get stuck on the spawn screen
    If you create a squad, you can't leave it and join another squad

It is a beta though, so hopefully most of these bugs will be fixed before the release

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Rotterdam is big enough for 64 man server.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Why does it say ‘beta early access not available’

Where do you go to download it on Xbox?

Rotterdam needs more variable routes, seems to be a Seine type standard city map with chokepoints picked before the map was modelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

I was that alright. Just said it wasn’t available. Working now anyway.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Had a go on my mates PS this evening. I'm not really a BF player though I've eventually bought them all. It looks and sounds amazing but I found it hard to get a feel for the gunplay since I'm used to using a mouse and KB. Lots of bugs as mentioned. The main ones I noticed were the kit swapping on revive and sounds not playing sometimes. Also the bipod really annoyed me. It auto deploys when there's a suitable ledge in front of you and totally ****s your aim. Though id hope most of those would be fixed by full release.

I think there's a few deeper issues that might not be fixed by launch though. Some of the guns feel overpowered and also the tap firing makes close range guns like the STG and the SMG (can't remember name) super effective at mid to long range when they probably shouldn't be quite so lethal at that range. It feels a bit unbalanced to me but i dunno how theyd fix that. Also the planes are basically useless at the moment.

It seems like a decent game and ill probably pick it up in a year or so once I've upgraded my PC enough to run it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

Not good. Soulless game which is ruined by casual people. Where are the vehicles.

ThumbTaxed wrote: »
    Not good. Soulless game which is ruined by casual people. Where are the vehicles.

After 2 maps and 2 game modes and 2 days, you have concluded that :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭CobraClan

I'm playing on the Xbox and I dont know if its just me but the graphics seem a bit blurry to me, I set motion blur to 0 but its not making any difference, also notice a few bugs but still enjoyed the game. Any else think the graphic look blurry?

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Played a few hours tonight, it's not bad. New spotting mechanics seem to promote a more campy style of gameplay - or at least that's where I had by far the most success. Not a fan of that style of play myself, but we'll see.
    Overall the game just feels a bit meh to me, just my initial impression.

This is how I feel. I came to Battlefield via bad company 2 but BF1 was a major disappointment.

This game seems to be what I want. Slower gameplay but it just lacks something.

Also the tanks are as slow as treacle and totally frustrating.

It is a fail for me

dreamers75 wrote: »

After 2 maps and 2 game modes and 2 days, you have concluded that :confused:

And after watching dozens of reviews of it

oh right....so one of those.

Anyway carry on enjoy whatever game floats your boat.

INS is out on the 14th so you might like that depending on what reviews sway your opinion, its quite good btw.

Played a bit on ps4 today, it looks fantastic but as others have said it feels like it's missing something. It feels very like bf1, which I was not a massive fan of. Tanks were crap, I'm not liking the new revive system or the low ammo count. Nobody was reviving or resupplying in the matches I was in. I don't think I'll be getting this on day one, going to wait a few months and see how it fares.

dreamers75 wrote: »

oh right....so one of those.

Anyway carry on enjoy whatever game floats your boat.

INS is out on the 14th so you might like that depending on what reviews sway your opinion, its quite good btw.

What's your problem? Maybe you are the voice of the new Battlefield generation who love metro, lockers and all things infantry. Maybe you loved the grenade spam and the Usain Bolt speed of play?

Me, like others, think that is a move in the wrong direction. Battlefields unique selling point is vehicles and in a number of hours yesterday I didn't get killed by one at any stage. Transport vehicles are barely to be seen either.

I like the attempted changes but this is still BF1 so great for the new BF1 fan, but not the more discerning fan.

• Advertisement

Re above, I actually like the new revive and ammo system. If slows the game down and that was needed.

It is true though that no one revives or drops ammo. Convinced that the franchise is ****ed, the players have ruined it more so that dice or EA.

Advertisement