Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

There is hardly any grenade or explosive spam either. I didn't get killed by a single grenade. The incendiary grenades aren't gonna kill you unless you're already low on health and the grenade launchers aren't op either.

The tanks are powerful. I got loads of kills with them, they're slow but that's realistic, and they can be taken down with mines and dynamite so they're not unstoppable either. They're also useful for taking down enemy fortifications and clearing entry routes to flags.

There are loads of tactical options in this game for players who think about it and cooperate with their team

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Akrasia wrote: »
    There is hardly any grenade or explosive spam either. I didn't get killed by a single grenade. The incendiary grenades aren't gonna kill you unless you're already low on health and the grenade launchers aren't op either.

The tanks are powerful. I got loads of kills with them, they're slow but that's realistic, and they can be taken down with mines and dynamite so they're not unstoppable either. They're also useful for taking down enemy fortifications and clearing entry routes to flags.

There are loads of tactical options in this game for players who think about it and cooperate with their team

You're obviously not a more discerning fan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Killinator wrote: »
    You're obviously not a more discerning fan :)

In my own mind I am :)

In reality it's a headless chicken running headfirst into a hail of enemy bullets to the sound of their laughter echoing through their fortified bunker

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The more i play the more im just not enjoying it unfortunately, just like two closed beta i played previously.
    While gunplay is decent it all feels meh as a package.

I think im just like this guy,probably not the games fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I don't think I have ever been so ' on the fence ' about a BF title .TBF though there could be unrelated reasons for this too, age for one, mine not the games, and a massive diluting of the group of players I used to play with and thats a massive part of gaming for me .

The movement seems slower, which I like, but at the same time the game seems chaotic .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

jonski wrote: »
    The movement seems slower, which I like, but at the same time the game seems chaotic .

Agreed, it feels like they've tried to combine aspects from slow paced tactical games and more traditional arcade style shooters and the two don't compliment each other.

The weapon upgrade system is just silly imo. Difference between a base weapon and fully upgraded is night and day, with no negatives to balance out the improvements.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

The major problems with the last few battlefields have been a complete lack of achievement.
    As much as I loved COD:MW2 this was the start of basically awards for anything. Take a piss...here’s an award.
    Even ranking up feels like a non event.
    When you compare then to the ranking system in BF2 which IMO is still best ranking system ever. No bull**** wth mini ranks like they introduced in BF2142.
    BF2 has proper military ranks and every time you ranked up it felt like an achievement.
    Hell only a while back (before servers were taken offline )I ranked up from Captain to Major in it and it basically beat every battlefield achievement or rank up in BF1/3 &4.
    It’s part of the whole pc thing...every child gets an award for taking part and there’s no winners or losers.
    Every BF1 game I honestly couldn’t tell you if I lost or not...and didn’t care one iota as nothing in it captivated me.
    The only game really since BF2/2142 and BC2 to captivate me like that was DayZ and PUBG.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

Also what the hell is with the weapon progression system and load out system.

Why not just have it like Bf4 and BF3:

- use gun to unlock attachments which are interchangeable and provide pros and cons

- use vehicles to unlock upgrades which also are interchangeable and provide pros and cons

- allow classes to mix and match gadgets in their load outs or make more classes

This, to me, makes such little sense. Really did break something which wasn't broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ThumbTaxed wrote: »
    What's your problem? Maybe you are the voice of the new Battlefield generation who love metro, lockers and all things infantry. Maybe you loved the grenade spam and the Usain Bolt speed of play?

Me, like others, think that is a move in the wrong direction. Battlefields unique selling point is vehicles and in a number of hours yesterday I didn't get killed by one at any stage. Transport vehicles are barely to be seen either.

I like the attempted changes but this is still BF1 so great for the new BF1 fan, but not the more discerning fan.

You went from reviews to playing it fairly quickly and still have the same opinion :confused:

I have played some BF once or twice.

- use gun to unlock attachments which are interchangeable and provide pros and cons

not true gun unlocks are limited to the weapon in your hand. you dont unlock a holo for all weapons......
    - use vehicles to unlock upgrades which also are interchangeable and provide pros and cons

Also untrue unlocks are limited to the vehicle you are in. you dont unlock missles for all vehicles....
    - allow classes to mix and match gadgets in their load outs or make more classes

No? its a squad game you want to play a single player multiplayer game BF is not for you.

These posts are absolute bull****.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    What's your problem? Maybe you are the voice of the new Battlefield generation who love metro, lockers and all things infantry. Maybe you loved the grenade spam and the Usain Bolt speed of play?

Me, like others, think that is a move in the wrong direction. Battlefields unique selling point is vehicles and in a number of hours yesterday I didn't get killed by one at any stage. Transport vehicles are barely to be seen either.

I like the attempted changes but this is still BF1 so great for the new BF1 fan, but not the more discerning fan.

You went from reviews to playing it fairly quickly and still have the same opinion :confused:

I have played some BF once or twice.

not true gun unlocks are limited to the weapon in your hand. you dont unlock a holo for all weapons......

Also untrue unlocks are limited to the vehicle you are in. you dont unlock missles for all vehicles....

No? its a squad game you want to play a single player multiplayer game BF is not for you.

These posts are absolute bull****.

Have a game of spot the dumbass. What is he on about.

Played BF longer than you I bet so shut the f up

• Advertisement

Dreamers can't read or understand English it seems.

Anyway, game getting better. Like the slower speed but shame fellow squad mates are mercenaries

• Registered Users Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

shots fired :pac:

Ah but seriously. I give examples of the way it SHOULD be to be told that isn't in the game.

No **** sherlock.

Maybe he is in the majority of one who thinks the progression tree, unlock, customisation system is actually good. It is terrible. Woeful.

Have a game of spot the dumbass. What is he on about.

Played BF longer than you I bet so shut the f up

Well ye can argue between yourselves on the merits of the game but the only way you could have played the game longer than him is if you were a developer on BF 1942 .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

ThumbTaxed, this is your one and only warning to change your attitude in your posts. Debate the posts with people, but do not attack the poster.

KT

jonski wrote: »
    Well ye can argue between yourselves on the merits of the game but the only way you could have played the game longer than him is if you were a developer on BF 1942 .

Unless one played played both closed beta tests and the other did not?

I played both and the only real change since then is the performance and loadouts..

Levelcap who i normally would not 100% agree with points out in his latest video some huge flaws that ive moaned about since the first closed beta, i relayed my thoughts to dice as did many many more but they are still in the game and will more than likely ship as so come release.

My biggest gripes are potentially a deal breaker for me and are fundamental to the enjoyment of a multiplayer fps.

1:
    The whole attrition system is beyond terrible, running around looking for ammo and health stations is just a micro game within a game and takes you away from the action too much, yes ive played with well oiled squads , the end result is the same thing over and over.

2:
    The respawn system is also terrible, not only do you have to wait an eternity to bleedout before you even get to another horrible respawn screen but then you also have another wait, it just adds to the frustration and again takes you away from the action.

3:
    Progression is silly beyond belief, you choose a path and if you dont like that path later on tough luck your stuck with it :rolleyes:

1 and 2 in particular really irk me and if not changed may encourage me not to buy.
    I get what they are trying to do but its not working and wont ever work which is a real shame because underneath all this bloatware is a some of the best gunplay dice has ever created.

I got to play it on my sons xbox 0ne lastnight and my god its woeful looking, terrible framerate and looked really **** with gfx 10x worse than what im running on my ancient pc set to low everything to get close to 144hz.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Whilst I wouldn't be the biggest battlefield fan like some of you on here I am not really feeling the beta, I found it very sluggish to play, I won't be picking it up on release as it stands, maybe I actually miss the "modern warfare" of BF3 & BF4...

They may turn it around by delaying it but I'm just not feeling it personally at the moment

I actually quit the game last night after one map played , and I mean 'alt f4' ' can't be arsed' type quit .

Played with a few lads last night on TS but to be fair it was their first game so there was a lot of setting up and keybind ****e going on .

Thanks to young ( and there ain't many on here that can refer to him as young :D ) Cully there for typing out the 3 main reasons I'm not liking this, saves me the work and hits the nail on the head .

And as for vehicles, I'm going to drive around looking for a place to pick up ammo ....I am in my arse .

As for weapon progression , I haven't spent any currency yet , I'm saving it up for ............I dunno *shruggs

Signed: frustrated and unimpressed .

Thanks to young ( and there ain't many on here that can refer to him as young ) Cully there for typing out the 3 main reasons I'm not liking this, saves me the work and hits the nail on the head .

Must be an age think Jonski :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I find it funny how the devs are now super attentive and trying their hardest to seem available to the right type of folk in the community.

I would hazard a guess someone in management has had a word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'm liking the new BF1 map. Because that's how I pretty much view it. Shall most likely be giving this a wide miss.

The bleed-out thing is annoying. I'm dead, I can see I'm dead, why can't I just not respawn?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Yeah the hold to die or call out to get revived is a tad annoying.

Personally I prefer battlefield 3's online multilayer to anything that came since. This isn't bad. It's just no bf3. Feels like the series is miles apart now from where it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

I want lotsa tanks n planes n little been carriers ( basically bring back armoured assault )

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I enjoyed some of the sniping on the maps.
    Revive process is absolute garbage...I was screaming for revive with 2 squadmates on each side of it and none of them bothered their asses.
    Gave up holding out for revive after that.
    Man I switched they could just remake 1942 with the engine and not change a damn thing. I loved being in my spitfire and taking on the bombers while they disgorged about 20 troops out of them.
    Somehow I doubt the same will happen here.

Also, I forgot to mention, My Friends List has not worked since the Beta started . SO joining friends games won't work, last night I had to run BF1 to get the friends list up and running, tonight even that doesn't work .

Also also, last night I was being revived just at the time I was about to respawn........... game left me hanging in limbo , couldn't respawn but was looking at the map screen, mate said he could see me ingame . Had to ctrl-alt-del .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Blazer wrote: »
    I enjoyed some of the sniping on the maps.
    Revive process is absolute garbage...I was screaming for revive with 2 squadmates on each side of it and none of them bothered their asses.
    Gave up holding out for revive after that.
    Man I switched they could just remake 1942 with the engine and not change a damn thing. I loved being in my spitfire and taking on the bombers while they disgorged about 20 troops out of them.
    Somehow I doubt the same will happen here.

Honestly how often did that actually happen in 1942?

I mean I loved the game, but I also recognise the game was notoriously difficult to get genuinely good games in, every match varied, I had as many awesome matches with epic tank battles over dogfights over Britain with as many matches where some pair of geniuses moved the carrier on the pacific map and has beached it or a bunch of campers have managed to jump out of their plane and land on the carrier/air base and is basically killing us as we spawn. Dont get me wrong, some of the best games I've played as a teenager where in BF1942, but also some of the worse where in BF1942 as well. Counter strike at the time was much more reliable, you never got a game that thrilled as much as that 1 game in BF1942, but I also got pretty satisfactory games with random people on a regular basis in counter strike and rarely truly awful ones.

But I will agree that BFV has made the waiting for respawn system more painful because its no longer waiting for a medic, but also your squad mates and you quickly resent them more then the random medic for not reviving you.

I've come to the conclusion that the game is borderline ass to play alone, you really need to squad up with people you know to get the most out of BFV

squading up with randoms is not enough, too much of a demand on teamwork that you cant guarantee will be there.

You need to squad up with people you know, people you are partied or discorded or teamspeaked with so you can actually work together.

Otherwise it just becomes frustrating after 30 or so minutes dealing with the kindergarten of morons that make up this player base.

I think DICE has firmly over estimated their player base.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'm not a major BF fan anymore. Mostly I don't have the time nowadays to be committing hours to it every night to be anyway decent, but also like the video posted earlier refers to, I think I'm done spending the best part of a hundred quid for the latest reskin.

I didn't enjoy BF1.. It's probably that I'm crap but I spent more time looking at the respawn screen or running around for ages than actually playing the game. This look like even more of the same from what I've seen on YouTube.

Some friends have already bought it and playing the beta and hassling me to "just get it", but I just can't be arsed dropping more cash on a game I already don't care about (especially as one of the same lads is bitching about the same span-die-spawn-die thing that I'm on about). Agree with the above.. team-play and coordination/strategy is pretty much non-existent after the first 2 minutes (even with friends) in these games. Setting it up so that the game relies even more on that mechanic seems like a mistake.

Then there's the politics angle.. it's not even that I care about whether you can play as bionic women in this game, it's the reaction from the Devs to a lot of the (more legitimate) criticism. I don't see the need to financially support people/studios who treat customers like that.

Like others here I think I'll probably just skip it. WW3 looks like a far better game so far IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Calhoun wrote: »
    HAHAHAHA... that makes sense why people ignore you when you ask them to defend. FFS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

They've come a long way...

Advertisement