Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

Don't think there are enough vehicles in the matches though. Even twisted steel is almost infantry only, excluding planes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

ThumbTaxed wrote: »
    Don't think there are enough vehicles in the matches though. Even twisted steel is almost infantry only, excluding planes

The tanks are a joke as well they need a serious buff! The turrets are very slow and that anti tank class is way too op. Gunner position on a tank is suicide might as well hit redeploy when on that. Normal grenades are even damaging tanks. On the Assault class you can choose Anti tank grenades Panzerfaust and Granade rifle, Dynamite or AT mine. Come on BF1 everyone was complaining about the tanks being OP. The assault class is too OP now. Even if the tanks were BF1 standards for damage they wouldn't last against the arsenal of BFV's assault class.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

is there a thread for PS4 players who are playing BF5?
    I have 3 people total in my friends list... none play BF5. I'm **** btw... but like to work as a squad

my psn ID is seannylovestea

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The pre-existing thread were for BF1, and while the IDs may not have changed, it's far from guaranteed that people are playing BFV.

Would you want some new ID threads per platform?

Spear wrote: »
    The pre-existing thread were for BF1, and while the IDs may not have changed, it's far from guaranteed that people are playing BFV.

Would you want some new ID threads per platform?

If there was a demand maybe. I dunno how to tell though SPEARS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Come back to master race Sean!!!!

PC thread under this one.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Come back to master race Sean!!!!

PC thread under this one.

I will eventually.
    My PC is in Korea... I'll be headin back there in a month or two. Just home for personal reasons atm and PS4 is what I have to make do with :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

ThumbTaxed wrote: »

This is what I think about the game. It's grand but it doesn't feel like Battlefield to me at all, there's a total lack of a combined arms feel to it....pure infantry slog.

Assault class is also way OP. Can take out a tank in seconds on your own.

There's not enough choke points on the maps. Aerodrome and Fjell are the only decent maps because they have choke points. The other maps your just running from flag to flag because its impossible to defend the flag unless the majority of the team is there.

Can anyone tell me if it's worth turning off the aim assist on console ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

we need an operation locker style map from BF4 I love that map 3 lanes of pure carnage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

There's not enough choke points on the maps. Aerodrome and Fjell are the only decent maps because they have choke points. The other maps your just running from flag to flag because its impossible to defend the flag unless the majority of the team is there.

And yet I'd say Fjell is the ultimate map for clock rotation capping, but I guess that's down to not having organized enough squads (bring back commanders!)
    Assault class is also way OP. Can take out a tank in seconds on your own.

Not with a panzerfaust. With dynamite sure, but with proper combined arms infantry supporting the tank that's not possible. I think it's balanced in that sense - tanks can't just ride across the map and cap points by themselves, similar to how they can't just tear off by themselves in real life.

Up to 12 hours probably. Still really enjoying it. Starting to mess with customizations like scopes, really liked for example that a 3x scope on the standard assault SMG has an appreciable load time, none of this insta-scope business. The ironsight is lightning quick but if you want that 3x (and given the bullet drop off, it's an effective medium range weapon) you sacrifice your short range effectiveness significantly. I like those little touches.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I haven't played since BF3 on Xbox.
    Just got for the Xbox 1.
    What are the key things to be aware of and look our for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Just got for the Xbox 1.

People shooting at you. :D

I'd say get a headset and look to get in squads that are working together on comms. The game really rewards it in a way previous iterations have not.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Just got for the Xbox 1.

Guns are accurate and very deadly in this one. Do not wander out in the open at all as a result.

The medic revive system is very different. Medics can revive anyone, and your squadmates can revive each other, albeit slower. But both take a good few seconds, so it's more important to make sure it's safe or smoke the area first, before doing so.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

fergus1001 wrote: »
    we need an operation locker style map from BF4 I love that map 3 lanes of pure carnage

Play something like frontlines if you want carnage.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Dcully wrote: »
    Play something like frontlines if you want carnage.

They'll be fixing frontlines in the next patch. I don't like how you have to pick up a bomb and that the bomber is highlighted on the screen. It'll go back to the old way in December.

Akrasia wrote: »
    They'll be fixing frontlines in the next patch. I don't like how you have to pick up a bomb and that the bomber is highlighted on the screen. It'll go back to the old way in December.

Its not great alright, pretty stupid that the bomb man is highlighted. There is a massive bug with frontlines where the match never ends/bomb can't be picked up. Happened in a few games on the Xbox.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

TTK changes incoming too, i noticed its so much quicker than it was in the alpha and beta.

Dcully wrote: »
    TTK changes incoming too, i noticed its so much quicker than it was in the alpha and beta.

I really hope they don't change it TBH. I think there are plenty of ways to avoid getting killed by just playing smart and using cover and playing as a team. Apart from a few times when I got stuck on scenery or my bipod didn't deploy properly on the mg34, I don't think I've had too many deaths where I feel it wasn't mostly my own fault or I was just outplayed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The sniper needs to be nerfed in that when scoped in and you shoot him his scope doesnt move, there needs to be a kick back for him to either reacquire the target or move. Atm shooting a sniper from a distance and hitting him means your death.
    Hope theyre scrapping conquest assault on Hamada

Nah focus on DEFG and let them have A and you will most likely win, horrific map but fits in well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

I hope the next update fixes the janky menus they are dreadfully slow and sometimes crashes the game and the load times are horrific granted I'm on Xbox one x so the 4k textures could be causing it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if it's worth turning off the aim assist on console ?

You're better off without it in the long run but it's helpful for people when getting used to the controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

So the game arrived today from Amazon or so I thought. Package and game box arrived but no disc. No damage to the package so it was nicked in Amazon’s warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

wow that's annoying, how do you prove that? hope you get sorted.
    another tick in the box for going digital I guess

Best price I've seen the game on xbox is for 42 euros
    https://www.mtcgame.com/en-IE/xbox-games/battlefield-v-standard-edition

You need to be in america to redeem it, but flights are so cheap these days you could easily fly over there for a few minutes to enter the code

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Akrasia wrote: »
    Best price I've seen the game on xbox is for 42 euros
    https://www.mtcgame.com/en-IE/xbox-games/battlefield-v-standard-edition

You need to be in america to redeem it, but flights are so cheap these days you could easily fly over there for a few minutes to enter the code

Bought it yesterday for €39 from CDKeys

jonski wrote: »
    Bought it yesterday for €39 from CDKeys

even better

Its some value at that price!

BF1 including premium was over a hundred quid

Medics look they are trying to rob your spare change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

gimli2112 wrote: »
    wow that's annoying, how do you prove that? hope you get sorted.
    another tick in the box for going digital I guess

To be fair Amazon are good at replacing items so a replacement is being shipped and I’m sending back the empty box to them. A similar thing happened with a different item last year - shipping packaging was fine but parts missing.

Advertisement