Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Akrasia wrote:
    Yer man in the jeep with his leg trapped as it was filling up with water telling you to shoot out the window...

yes but the difference is that what is being depicted here is history as opposed to a makey upy sorta war

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Akrasia wrote: »
    On xbox one it's about 1.5 minutes to join a matchmaking session off peak times

That's not too bad tbh considering each round lasts over 20 minutes

Usually takes at least 5, if it takes more than 10 seconds for me I'll search again or I'll turn off all filters and do a manual search for server with best ping and slots available. Matchmaking from the Tides of war menu seems to be a lot quicker!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

played all day longest wait was 45 seconds.
    I was dreadful but
    it was awesome fun
    brother came on and it became hilarious

took me three gos to spell fun

completed all the challenges to get the last tiger camo in mp but it's still showing as locked ugghh

Med crates are bugged out. Do place them, half the time they get placed under the ground. Think it only happens when you crouch. Very hard to do the challenge for it.

• Advertisement

Med crates are bugged out. Do place them, half the time they get placed under the ground. Think it only happens when you crouch. Very hard to do the challenge for it.

that part of the challenge is taking me forever

got a V1 last night died 4 times trying to call it in and got no kills, still awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Usually takes at least 5, if it takes more than 10 seconds for me I'll search again or I'll turn off all filters and do a manual search for server with best ping and slots available. Matchmaking from the Tides of war menu seems to be a lot quicker!

5 minutes!!! haha wow the longest ive ever had to wait is about a minute and a half on PC are you trying to join onto others on full servers or something ?

seconds
    played breakthrough yesterday (PS4) longest wait was maybe 25 seconds but that was an outlier most times jumped straight in after a couple of seconds

got annihilated in one match noticed afterwards the highest scorers had the highest latency

not to get to technical but your ping must be variable or are you on mobile internet which has a strict NAT this means you can only connect to servers with a strict or open NAT

5 minutes!!! haha wow the longest ive ever had to wait is about a minute and a half on PC are you trying to join onto others on full servers or something ?

lol Seconds, mate. I'd be uninstalling if it took that long.

• Advertisement

fergus1001 wrote: »
    not to get to technical but your ping must be variable or are you on mobile internet which has a strict NAT this means you can only connect to servers with a strict or open NAT

Ping is averaging out at 20 that's pretty normal for UK/German servers. Have a open nat for the past 10 years always make sure I do.
    About a 7-10 ping if they enable Irish servers.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    seconds
    played breakthrough yesterday (PS4) longest wait was maybe 25 seconds but that was an outlier most times jumped straight in after a couple of seconds

got annihilated in one match noticed afterwards the highest scorers had the highest latency

That can bug out as well. You get a diagonal line across the view and are unable to call it in. It can be balls getting the chance to call it in alright. There is no range on it though ;) iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Always under 5 seconds for me on pc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Very much on the fence of buying this lads, have all the BF's before it. Not sure whats holding me back. I've watched a few live streams of it, but it seems very BF1 just with different maps and a few add ons.
    Just asking did anyone feel the same before buying and did it change your mind for the good or bad

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Very much on the fence of buying this lads, have all the BF's before it. Not sure whats holding me back. I've watched a few live streams of it, but it seems very BF1 just with different maps and a few add ons.
    Just asking did anyone feel the same before buying and did it change your mind for the good or bad

cheers

Bought it last night for 33% off but the only reason I did is some friends play it and have been at me about joining in. I don't have the time I used to for gaming so I'm more selective about what I invest time (and money) in as a result.

It's not worth the full price and you're right in that it is basically a reskin of BF1 at this point (a game I wasn't pushed on either to be honest), but I don't see myself playing more than a few hours a week anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

cheers

It's nothing like BF1 to be honest gameplay wise, more tactical and gunplay is way tighter and more rewarding if you're into that. It's closer gameplay wise to some of the older CODs or Day of Defeat.

I'm having fun with it, and it's definitely worth getting, but I don't think it's as good or polished as BF1 was overall as a package at all.

Vehicle play is weak, maps aren't great, and content is limited.

It is an ace squad based shooter though in fairness.

It's nothing like BF1 to be honest gameplay wise, more tactical and gunplay is way tighter and more rewarding if you're into that. It's closer gameplay wise to some of the older CODs or Day of Defeat.

I'm having fun with it, and it's definitely worth getting, but I don't think it's as good or polished as BF1 was overall as a package at all.

Vehicle play is weak, maps aren't great, and content is limited.

It is an ace squad based shooter though in fairness.

To be fair tanks are a lot better after the patch, not all the way there but its a start. They still need to increase the splash damage on the shell and they definitely need to rein-able a plane to take full damage from a tanks shell. :mad:

Cheers the replies, i'll be playing PS4 with the brother, he has it and is enjoying it. I had doubts as it seemed to much like BF1 to me from what ive seen.
    70e on a game im half arsed about. Altho after a few beers tonight i may jump on with him and the fact i need a new shooter.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Jaysus thank fcuk im a pc gamer ,ive never paid anything near €70 for a game.
    As much as im a big fan of this game i would not pay that for it.

But to answer your question, its nothing like BF1.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I just noticed I passed out my playtime on BF1 with BFV today.

I didnt hate BF1, but it simply wasnt good enough to drag me away from other games that in 2016 I was enjoying way more. (I think it had to be just War Thunder at the time cause looking through 2016 nothing sticks out to me as much of a time sink at the time) I pretty much unlocked everything in the standard game and the DLC never attracted me back much, despite owning premium I just never got the urge to try the new maps until it was too late and they were no longer in rotation due to lack of players. I think I only played frontlines once or twice. And all the DLC weapons and gadgets were a pain to unlock.

Perhaps BFV is lucky that all the other big titles this season either were console exclusive or didnt massively interest me (I actually like blackout in COD BO4, but everything else about the game was pretty much a nope from me) and I'm not sinking as much time into free to play games like War Thunder.

Still a long way to go to beat the amount of time I've sunk into BF4 and BF3 though.

• Advertisement

Last question, biggest turn off for me on BF1 was the way guns were unclocked compared to bf3/4. Do they still use the same system as they did for BF1

Last question, biggest turn off for me on BF1 was the way guns were unclocked compared to bf3/4. Do they still use the same system as they did for BF1

They are unlock through levelling the classes

Called in a V1 on a point we were capping yesterday. Was drinking and it was kind of accidental. Can't imagine I was too popular.

trying to unlock that weekly LMG on PS4 is a nightmare. The defence building thing glitched out on me. Played three games with nothing but a hammer in my hand and it would not work, like 0% progress, eventually got it in one game. Coming from the invisible med crate it drove me crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Played a good bit of this last night. Its starting to click with me. Can see it getting better with decent support.

Few game breaking glitches tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Love the carbine playing assault class.
    You need a quick trigger finger, but the damage and range is awesome!

That said, I can be literally hit and miss!
    One game I barely got any kills and was dying non stop.
    Next game I was MVP!
    When it works, it's just sweet!
    Having been so used to rocket launchers in BF3, it's taking me a long time to understand the trajectory in BFV! Nowhere near the same at all!

What's everyones favourite class?

medic anytime I have to use another class for a challenge I'm amazed by how good the guns are. The sten is pretty decent tbh, it's all I use. my kdr is through the floor but I reckon 30-50% of my deaths (it just seems a lot more) come from trying to revive people

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Medic was the first class i maxed out and never had an issue, sten is a great weapon.

All medic kills with sten, just aim for the head.
    Battlefield-V-Screenshot-2018-11-23-15-49-38-30.png

I like the game Dcully, I never said I was good t it. That's a seriously impressive score. I topped one once in Metro (Bf4) but only because of my immense healing ability. :)

• Advertisement

Nice score alright! They've reduced the number of players on frontlines to 16 on console. Iv'e not played many games of it. when you get a decent team its a great mode. Thought the medic guns were a bit underpowered pre patch they are a lot better now but.

Those challenges don't need to be all completed for that gun, thank fcuk. Still have 0 medic crate points. Thing is nobody uses the med crates anyway, they'd rather run to the supply points around the maps. Those med crates should be a passive heal similar to BF4, maybe less range or slowler heal. I'd be alright with picking up the ammo.

Advertisement