Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

that R2 friends list thing drives me insane, reading your post just raised my blood pressure 10 points

for the rocket on PS4 it's the two top trigger buttons (hold at the same time), this brings up the wheel, select the rocket with the left stick and when selected release the triggers, this brings you into the aim/binoculars mode. You then ADS with the L2 and launch glorious death with R2.

It's like they don't test this stuff before they release it on the unsuspecting public, really over complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

Just picked it up there for 50% off on Origin.

Going to jump on now if anyone is up for a few games. Going to fit in nicely with all the Christmas noobs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Had a look back at some BF1 closed alpha gameplay on console and have to say the graphics and fps are insanely better than V.

just got myself an 4k tv to go with my Xbox one x and the game is beautiful, just goes to show having just a hd tv is like having cataracts in your eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I wouldn't say so, I run BF5 at 1080 on my 4K TV with PC but settings at ultra, and it looks better than BF5 running on my One X on the same TV. Much finer detail, better framerate and less pop-in.

It's possibly also a difference between the quality of your 1080p TV and the new 4K one. People get too caught up with 4K sometimes, a high-quality 1080p set is better than a cheapo 4K one for example, and vice versa people sometimes go from a generic 1080p set to a high-end 4K one and attribute the improvement to 4K alone. In the same way that an excellent transfer Blu-Ray can look miles better than a weak 4K blu-ray transfer.

I'd say really assuming both panels were the same quality, your TV would have to be about 55" for there to be even a minor noticeable difference based on 4K v 1080P....mine's 55" but given the distance from the couch, the game looks virtually identical in action at 1080p with AA versus 4K without, and the framerate is much more solid in the first option.

In relation BF1, the graphics are a lot cleaner, there is a ton of visual 'noise' and clutter in BFV by comparison, but they're not worse, just very different. I think the FPS is much improved in BFV though compared to BF1 on console, it holds 60fps far more often than BF1 did, though again, they're very different games and there was a lot more total chaos in BF1 which led to harsh FPS drops on console.

Personally, while I'm enjoying 5 I preferred the visual style and gameplay of BF1.

I thought BF1 was the best looking game I had on the Pro. I don't get the same feeling with V. It may be there wasn't as much an improvement between 1 and V. V still looks pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Turn off film grain, it is on by default but just makes everything hazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Had a look back at some BF1 closed alpha gameplay on console and have to say the graphics and fps are insanely better than V.

Graphics in BF3 are better to be fair. Normal xbox1 looks like BFV is being run from a potato. Nearly tempted to go buy a 1x or s. My eyes can only take so much of the current state of the smoke and graphics.

BF1 was the almost the same (but BFV is so much worse). Played the bf1 beta on xbox, bought it on pc. With a 750Ti on low settings the 750 looked better than the xbox, BF1 on the normal xbox1 got an optimisation and looks a lot better currently than what it did release and better than BFV. Crazy what they get away with though if anyone says anything people be like "you still have a normal xbox1": :mad:

(Tempted to trade in the xbox1 for an x just to keep the value of the xbox1 for next gen, at least I'll probably get a trade in for a 1x for the current value of the xbox1 now. See what happens might not be playing much in the new year though.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I thought BF1 was the best looking game I had on the Pro. I don't get the same feeling with V. It may be there wasn't as much an improvement between 1 and V. V still looks pretty good.

Gimli whats your Tag on PSN? Just looking for people to play with.

Is anyone else having issues with loading screens?

I can jump into a game no bother but then when it changes map it just stays on the loading screen forever.

the things that drive me crazy are

1. medic revive, no I'll take your gun instead
    2. the fooking bi pod
    2. the friends list trigger bug on console

• Advertisement

yes between matches it will show the loading screen for the previous map and generally I will have to exit the game and reload to go back to the main screen to look at my company loadout

fergus1001 wrote: »
    yes between matches it will show the loading screen for the previous map and generally I will have to exit the game and reload to go back to the main screen to look at my company loadout

Yeah I get the exact same thing. Have to reboot the game and all

I can jump into a game no bother but then when it changes map it just stays on the loading screen forever.

I get that too sonetimes on ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Probably just me but one of the things that annoyed me in BF1 was when I was sniping a single leaf or puff of smoke could absorb my bullet . There WAS none of that in BF V .............until the last patch, and now I have disappearing bullet syndrome again . And I'm not talking about " oh come on , that should have been a hit" , I'm talking about nailed on couldn't miss shots .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Yeah, happens a lot!
    When the 2 loading icons show in top right corner you know it's screwed.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Gimli whats your Tag on PSN? Just looking for people to play with.

just so y'all know I P'md weiland and told him I'm weird
    so it's me not him

this is simply insane and the reason I'm glad I don't play on pc, I'd never survive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Constantly hitting WASD on keyboard makes it hard for snipers to get a headshot, most of his kills were players standing still or players reviving, few were shooting at him. As a medic I use smoke all the time and just keep going back for resupply

KilOit wrote: »
    Constantly hitting WASD on keyboard makes it hard for snipers to get a headshot, most of his kills were players standing still or players reviving, few were shooting at him. As a medic I use smoke all the time and just keep going back for resupply

Got like 6 kills in the space of 10 seconds at one stage, impressive either way. Couple with the fact that mastering sniping like that in battlefield is a skill unto itself. The 3 man collateral on Aerodrome was a freak occurrence.

there's a huge skill gap between guys like this and someone like me, this isn't an easy game to solo, watched one earlier from BF1 and he went 61-0, I try sniping and if I'm lucky I get a kill or two before I run out of bullets

• Advertisement

the MG's are filthy, like seriously seriously filthy. Been using the MG 32, outsniping snipers from a kilometre+ away
    Can't wait to get the MG 43
    I've created a whole new swear word that incorporates bi-pod though

gimli2112 wrote:
    the MG's are filthy, like seriously seriously filthy. Been using the MG 32, outsniping snipers from a kilometre+ away Can't wait to get the MG 43 I've created a whole new swear word that incorporates bi-pod though

I've a felling they will be nerfed though unfortunately

I can see arguments for a nerf either way. My Engineer's KD is over 50% higher than the medic's. Some of this is because I put myself in bad situations as a medic but some of it is the MGs. That said running around the place you're almost defenseless, anytime I encounter an enemy I go into my "Excuse me a moment while I get set up here" routine, running with something like the vicars you're in a much better place when moving.

I hate when guns get nerfed though and hope they don't but if they fix the bi-pod in the up coming patch the MGs may be in a very strong place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

I get that too sonetimes on ps4

It's especially annoying tonight for some reason, can't manage to get a full Grand Operations finished...

FFS spent the last 5 hours playing Grand Operations couldn't win all night, eventually got a good game, we were ahead all the days, then for the game to freeze at the menu. Pile of shite!

Next game after the post got the win, such a headache grand operations played them on BF1 and they were decent they are just garbage in BFV. This happened...

https://twitter.com/PhilGolden_/status/1080681564592373765

1 won two grand operations and neither registered, that was particularly frustrating but other than that the assignments were less glitchy than before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

gimli2112 wrote: »
    1 won two grand operations and neither registered, that was particularly frustrating but other than that the assignments were less glitchy than before.

Just go into the server browser, type 'grand op' as the name and join a server that's on Day 3 :P, I'm pretty sure I landed in a server that had a couple of tickets left, ended up on the winning team and got the gun in about 5 minutes!

Game is ruined for me by infinite loading screens. Last night every time a game ended the new map failed to load for me. I end up having to close the game which means I'm out of the squad and the team I've been playing with are in game and the game is inevitably full and i can't get back in.

Any word on a fix for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Game is ruined for me by infinite loading screens. Last night every time a game ended the new map failed to load for me. I end up having to close the game which means I'm out of the squad and the team I've been playing with are in game and the game is inevitably full and i can't get back in.

Any word on a fix for this?

Think there's a hefty patch due in a week or so, DICE guys assembling back to work this week after the xmas break, Hopefully shuold solve a few long running things!

• Advertisement

The dominating assignment was very glitchy for me. Some games wouldn't register the score. Eventually scored like 12k in a game, in next game it registered the rest.

Advertisement