Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

The map rotation makes me want to cry. Im constantly playing Fjell and Hamad. Rotterdam comes up occasionally. Arras NEVER comes up or twisted steel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

weiland79 wrote:
    The map rotation makes me want to cry. Im constantly playing Fjell and Hamad. Rotterdam comes up occasionally. Arras NEVER comes up or twisted steel.

I wish they would make a vehicle playlist sick of have great fun in the airplanes only to be grounded when Rotherham and devastation comes up in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

I have this about a week now , I am still unsure If I like or not . I am currently going with its OK . Some of this I am pretty sure has been voiced before and Some of it is Just me.

I am actually finding hard on certain maps to see Opponents , I have also been in the situation where 2 players enter a room from opposing sides and we just walked by each other , it was a last min turn around to know we were against each other . I dont think I have ever had this happen in any other game and it has a happened more than once . in most cases if the player is lying on the ground I have not really seen them .

Spotting , I always made massive use of this . Q was always pressed before the shot fire so at least others would know why i died if I failed .
    this orange dot think for trouble over there is a waste of time ...the player is moving . Even if old method of spotting was introduced to just your Squad it would help .

I think the detail graphics actually feel like a step back . something just not right looking at the grass and trees . Maybe I have a wrong setting somewhere . Something about it reminds me only of Vietcong (video game) ...hated that game .

I am sure it will improve or I will just get use to it . It did take me time to enjoy BF1 and To be fair I do Really like BF1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 9,094 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

No new maps, lame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Don't like how it says "Free Update" doesn't that imply there will be paid ones? Did that tractor start at the end of the video?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

anything I've seen has said the DLC is free but hey it's EA so you never know. The micro transaction stuff is coming this month, if it's not a success there may be consequences

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Don't like how it says "Free Update" doesn't that imply there will be paid ones? Did that tractor start at the end of the video?

It definitely sounds like a tractor starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

They're just contrasting it with the previous premium model where updates were paid dlc and in contrast with COD where they still have paid dlc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,094 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

BF1 premium pass brought an additional 19 maps to the game for about €40? And that's if you paid full price, if you waited a little I'm sure you could have got it on sale for about 50% off. This new model is going to bring 2 new maps in the game's first 6 months, not sure it's going to be as great as everyone had hoped.

• Advertisement

patch turned frontlines into 8v8 by mistake. Played on Aras yesterday and was wondering what was going on

BF1 premium pass brought an additional 19 maps to the game for about €40? And that's if you paid full price, if you waited a little I'm sure you could have got it on sale for about 50% off. This new model is going to bring 2 new maps in the game's first 6 months, not sure it's going to be as great as everyone had hoped.
    The bf1 premium DLC was painfully slow though. It took months for the first maps to drop. I still think there are plenty of maps in the pipeline for this game. Not least the low hanging fruit of Wake Island 2019, Omahaha beach, Iwo Jima, Pearl Harbour, Stalingrad etc.

Akrasia wrote: »
    The bf1 premium DLC was painfully slow though. It took months for the first maps to drop. I still think there are plenty of maps in the pipeline for this game. Not least the low hanging fruit of Wake Island 2019, Omahaha beach, Iwo Jima, Pearl Harbour, Stalingrad etc.
    I just double checked. Bf1 had the first DLC in March 17, 6 months after release, it was another 6 months before the next map pack was released. They had one free map between game launch and the first paid dlc.

For BFV, the battle royal mode is due in March, 5 months after release but this is being developed by another Studio so the core DICE team should be free to work on the new maps and factions for the base game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Its a beefy enough patch though. Game is in a far better state now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

ZiabR wrote: »
    Its a beefy enough patch though. Game is in a far better state now.

In what ways?

I've noticed once you die it gives you the enemy location and camera pans on him for a bit.
    Seems new... think I preferred not knowing.

prone has been fixed but not bipods so no-one notices
    SMGs have been fixed but midrange only so no-one notices
    Company Coins has been fixed they think, no-one's really sure so it's not the big deal it should have been
    something happened to planes

The company coins things for me would be the big one. Jumping through and over stuff has been fixed. I thought I saw bipod deployment had been improved but there's still issues when prone. I think enemy damage info needs to be fixed or at least once you're hit it doesn't pretend you are being shot from an entirely different location. Only played it briefly post patch so not really sure on what's different.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

finally got my new PC and played a couple of hours ... and not sure if I like it or not, for instance anti-tank weapons seem to be nerfed (in compare to bf4)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

finally got my new PC and played a couple of hours ... and not sure if I like it or not, for instance anti-tank weapons seem to be nerfed (in compare to bf4)

I feel that the anti tank weapons are at the right level of damage. It means that you go running the minute you hear a tank coming, which is the way it should be.

tigger123 wrote: »
    I feel that the anti tank weapons are at the right level of damage. It means that you go running the minute you hear a tank coming, which is the way it should be.

Must depend on where you put them. Usually takes a min of 3 panzerfausts to destroy one.
    Anyone have tips on tank weak spots?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Must depend on where you put them. Usually takes a min of 3 panzerfausts to destroy one.
    Anyone have tips on tank weak spots?

The tracks or the rear panel. Hitting the front head on usually bounces off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

oh c'mon...min 3 pfausts to destroy the tank? I've blowed all 3 on AI tank side and didn't destroy it
    anyways, as far as I remember from history classes, 1 pfaust was enough to blow the tank up :)

As much as I love the big maps, I had a few games of squad conquest and really enjoyed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Got Killed by JackFrags the other morning , highlight of my BF career to date .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

jonski wrote:

now you need to kill him

fergus1001 wrote: »
    now you need to kill him

Keep your ridiculous notions to yourself !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

jonski wrote:

I took his tags before without realising he was even in my game :P BF4

jonski wrote: »

You're the first celebrity I've ever engaged with

the 1907 is awesome

gimli2112 wrote: »
    You're the first celebrity I've ever engaged with

I will be signing autographs .......... and selling them for €25 !

• Advertisement

Just looking at my stats and I have 19 throwing knife kills, can't remember ever using them, hardly ever snipe.
    Really liking mini conquest and the new smg.

Advertisement