Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Just looking at my stats and I have 19 throwing knife kills, can't remember ever using them, hardly ever snipe.
    Really liking mini conquest and the new smg.

It pulls in stats from the single player campaign too (unfortunately?)

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

after 5 hours of painful experience, most likely going to come back to bf4..somehow dont like the climate of bfv to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Was trying to get the last bit of gold for the MG42 skin on the MG42 mastery achievement

You have to get 20 kills in objective areas within one round.

It is a pain in the ass with a mmg because it's really hard to get a secure position within an objective area to put down the bipod and be able to aim the damn thing and the gun isn't much good for running and gunning, and because only kills within the objective area count, it really restricts your movement. I've turned down kills trying to inch closer to get within the objective zone only to get caught on some scenery or the bipod doesn't deploy properly or I get sniped from across the map.

Well today I played a round on Hamada on breakthrough. I got 28 kills, about 25 of them with the MG42 and at least 20 of them were definitely within the capture or defend zone of an objective.

At the end of the game, the achievement only recorded 8 kills so back to square one again.

Sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Those challenges in a PvP squad based games are a joke,you rely on squadmates in theses games yet half of them are doing stupid challenges.

Been guilty of it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I see a few bans were handed out recently for a graphics hack , Jackfrags spoke about it over the weekend .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Hopped on with the brother yesterday for a few games of Conquest which I don't often play. First game was that tank one which was rough until we found out you could tow an artillery gun around the map.

Next one was the Airfield. He wanted to snipe so I healed, revived and built ALL the fortifications on F while he failed miserably. Got bored half way through and asked the squad leader for orders. Off we went to B, took it, solo capped A, hooked up with the team again took C and D, retook F which we lost on our travels, hung around as it felt like home and then near the end took B again. Didn't die once, travelled all over the map unmolested. Team won with 450 tickets.

Last game was the Snowy village map. I'd say within 5 minutes we had all the points captured. Enemy team seemed to be entirely outside the map in tanks or sniping. Tickets dissolved at an alarming rate. Won by 550. In two games I died 3 times despite being all over the place.

It sure seems an odd kind of game mode in it's current state.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Got a load of tides of war xp skins and loads of assignments that had been bugged unlocked today. DICE must have some back end update yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Playing this on the PS4 and keep getting a bit of a bug where I join a match and the whole screen goes black, all I can view is my squad and squad details but I can hear the match going on in the background. There's no way of quitting the game so I end up having to close the app and restarting it.

Doesn't happen very often maybe once every few days but it shouldn't happen at all, anyone else experienced this? Could it be a problem on my end? (Corrupted file etc)

This is actually my first post in this forum been playing battlefield games since Bad Company 2, this one has been my favourite since then. Loved 1 as well, made call of duty look like Emmerdale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Playing this on the PS4 and keep getting a bit of a bug where I join a match and the whole screen goes black, all I can view is my squad and squad details but I can hear the match going on in the background. There's no way of quitting the game so I end up having to close the app and restarting it.

Doesn't happen very often maybe once every few days but it shouldn't happen at all, anyone else experienced this? Could it be a problem on my end? (Corrupted file etc)

This is actually my first post in this forum been playing battlefield games since Bad Company 2, this one has been my favourite since then. Loved 1 as well, made call of duty look like Emmerdale.

This happens to me too, game is a real buggy mess but im really enjoying it as well.

A quick workaround for the black screen of death. When the round starts press X then push the right stick down so you are looking at your feet then drop a grenade and blow yourself to ****e or burn yourself to death both work fine.
    You will then respawn and the game should run fine :)

If you are looking for squad mates add me. Tag is same as here.

I had it a couple of times the other day. The PS4 friends list bug is driving me insane, it always seems to happen at the worst time, of course y'er not ADSing until it's the worst possible time so there's that.

Logged on today and had an extra 24K CC. Fixing things one at a time.

• Advertisement

weiland79 wrote: »
    This happens to me too, game is a real buggy mess but im really enjoying it as well.

A quick workaround for the black screen of death. When the round starts press X then push the right stick down so you are looking at your feet then drop a grenade and blow yourself to ****e or burn yourself to death both work fine.
    You will then respawn and the game should run fine :)

If you are looking for squad mates add me. Tag is same as here.

Ah never woulda figured that out cheers pal. Have a squad with 2 of the lads at the moment, we do alright rarely on the best squad screen tho haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

Anyone having a problem connecting on ps4?

tigger123 wrote: »
    Anyone having a problem connecting on ps4?

looks like a spike at 5pm and going up

https://downdetector.com/status/battlefield

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Anthem beta is out so that’s probably the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Anthem is killing the whole system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

So looking for tips for getting better. Currently i have a spm of 348. I usually play Assault, always play to take and defend flags and am more often than not issuing the orders.
    Just looking on reddit this morning and there are players with spm of over 600 :eek:

So this mornings question is how do i git good?:pac::pac:

meh I'll never be good. My aim is all over the place, I panic in 1v1s which isn't brilliant. I can't train it out of me, it's like trying to stop a dog chasing the ball. Reckon I'd be considerably better if I could just calm down.

weiland79 wrote: »
    So looking for tips for getting better. Currently i have a spm of 348. I usually play Assault, always play to take and defend flags and am more often than not issuing the orders.
    Just looking on reddit this morning and there are players with spm of over 600 :eek:

So this mornings question is how do i git good?:pac::pac:

JackFrags recently did an Ultimate TryHard settings video, I watched it but the only part I remember is the turning down the graphics to the absolute minimum .....and I can't do that , I didn't spend a fortune on a graphics card to play Battlefield Minecraft .

Just relax into the game and enjoy it for what it is .

What's considered a good k/d in this Battlefield? I'm at 1.1 at the moment and happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

What's considered a good k/d in this Battlefield? I'm at 1.1 at the moment and happy with that.

I'd imagine the average k/d ratio would be around 1. But with revives and kill assists, one death can count as two kills. And with redeploy and killed in action deaths, one death can count as zero kills so the average could be higher or lower than 1:1.

Plus you can't really look at a stat in isolation to determine how good a player is.

Someone with a k/d ratio of 1.5 that only uses tanks and planes could be worse than an infantry only player with a k/d ratio of 1.

Same as someone with a k/d ratio of 3 but they have a low SPM and only get 0.2 kills per minute, that would indicate they're sniping on the edge of the map and not really helping the team.

For me the stats that best indicate how good a player are a combination of k/d ratio, SPM, kills per minute and W/L ratio.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

There's not much of a metric at all in Battlefield to establish how good you are just by looking fleetingly at your stats. The only sort of game where K/D tells you anything is Call of Duty, or arena shooters like Quake Champions.

You can be top of the score board in Battlefield with a terrible K/D ratio. 1:1 is pretty normal, mine is almost 2:1 but that's entirely due to time in tanks where you can easily run riot, but that doesn't necessarily mean you're helping out the team or a good player either. As infantry, I'd say mine is somewhere around 1:1 as well.

I saw a guy before in Battlefield 1 who was top of our teams scoreboard as medic, really a major team player, I can't exactly remember but his K/D was something ridiculous like 3-30.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Very true . A good sniper using his scope so machine gunners can set up or spawn beacon to flank enemies can go 0 - 0 .
    A good medic reviving all around when down to last few spawns on last point.
    A good support resupplying or repairing a tank .
    All can go negative k/d but are invaluable to the team .

jonski wrote: »
    20.6 gig download on the way down this morning .

Just 4gb, 20gb is validation, (not a real download)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

yep, downloaded 4.2 yesterday.

BTW! Argh! can't get the gold scope for the ZH.. 8 headshots in objective area in 1 life or 20! in a round.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Love the changes to panzerstorm.
    (Loved the map beforehand anyway but can see why others don't like it).

Anyone finding that some of the tank rounds are useless trying to kill enemy infantry on the ground?

I fired rounds right beside troops running around my tank and not a scrape off damage on them!

That AA tank seems the best to clear troops when I've seen it used.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Love the changes to panzerstorm.
    (Loved the map beforehand anyway but can see why others don't like it).

Anyone finding that some of the tank rounds are useless trying to kill enemy infantry on the ground?

I fired rounds right beside troops running around my tank and not a scrape off damage on them!

That AA tank seems the best to clear troops when I've seen it used.

the cannister round on the british one is brutal. it's like a long range shotgun against infantry. haven't upgraded the german one fully, find it hit and miss, you need to be closer and then it's very good

if I'm in a tank I'll usually switch to the MG for infantry. was in one as the gunner with a random tanker the other day. got attacked by some assault guys, tanker bailed but I was going down with the ship., somehow held them off, repaired and had the tank for the rest of the round

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

gimli2112 wrote: »
    the cannister round on the british one is brutal. it's like a long range shotgun against infantry. haven't upgraded the german one fully, find it hit and miss, you need to be closer and then it's very good

if I'm in a tank I'll usually switch to the MG for infantry. was in one as the gunner with a random tanker the other day. got attacked by some assault guys, tanker bailed but I was going down with the ship., somehow held them off, repaired and had the tank for the rest of the round

Scumbag driver!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Whats the new patch like?

Advertisement