Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

The new guns are available to use online at the moment but the maps aren't available til Thursday. M1 Garand, Type 100 and Browning all solid. Gonna try unlock the grenade launcher for the Garand now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Looks like they have tried to address some of my complaints. Mainly vehicles now spawn on the map. You take off from the ground in planes, well from a carrier. Jacks says it is much more like a Battlefield sandbox.

Pretty hopeful now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Was gonna link that :P
    Might be time to jump back in, i feel this is make or break for BFV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Download patch and hop on Thursday! Wake Island and custom servers coming at the end of November too. Could be a laaaaate turning point, but, the videos from the youtubers do look to bring a bit of that familiar chaos back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

looks very good. like really good.

• Advertisement

No new battlefield til October 2021 too, so likely a lot of support left for Battlefield V. Could be a comeback happening, they're re-releasing a new edition of it Thursday too for anyone who hasn't bought it (will unlock all the content so far) and I think there's a free trial of whole game this weekend to anyone who's curious! (full content available!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Shlippery wrote: »
    No new battlefield til October 2021 too, so likely a lot of support left for Battlefield V. Could be a comeback happening, they're re-releasing a new edition of it Thursday too for anyone who hasn't bought it (will unlock all the content so far) and I think there's a free trial of whole game this weekend to anyone who's curious! (full content available!)

I was surprised to hear that the next installment won't be until late 2021. No harm, Battlefield V really needs room to breathe and this update should inject some life into the game. Looks class.

So whats different in this year 2 edition and say the deluxe BFV edition with origin access?

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/battlefield-v-year-2-edition-reveal

I get that they say "together with a catch-up of all weapons and vehicles rewarded across year one of the Battlefield V Tides of War"

But really is there much in there that makes it €20 more on origin?

Dcully wrote: »
    So whats different in this year 2 edition and say the deluxe BFV edition with origin access?

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/battlefield-v-year-2-edition-reveal

I get that they say "together with a catch-up of all weapons and vehicles rewarded across year one of the Battlefield V Tides of War"

Not much, but if you have origin access , you can upgrade to the year 2 edition for free. (that's what I did) - doesn't give you that much extra, just lets you catch up on all the unlocks you may have missed if you skipped a big chunk of the first year.

Off today so managed to start up some Pacific stuff. Looks fantastic. Proper chaos.

You get all the Tides of War stuff that was released since launch (without having to unlock it) when you log in. There is a nice chunk of cosmetics there in fairness. Nice if you are sick of the predator skin :pac:

https://www.battlefield.com/news/battlefield-v-year-2-edition-reveal

In addition to all the base game weapons, vehicles, and outfits, you’ll also get these Tides of War rewards from year one:

17 Primary Weapons: Powerful firearms you missed during Tides of War await, including the Boys AT Rifle, MAB 38, ZK-383, and many more.
    4 Vehicles: Pilot heavy machinery including the Archer tank destroyer and three other vehicles rewarded during the year.
    2 Epic Soldier Outfits: Fight with flair with the Double Down and Baron von Zorn uniforms.
    10 Weapon Skins: Adorn your arsenal with Epic skins like the Napalm and White Tiger.
    4 Vehicle Skins: Give vehicles like the Stug IV and Spitfire Mk VB paint jobs of the Epic kind.

If you are on Access open the game in your Origin Library, click BFV, get the screen below, click "extra content" and then scroll down and you can add the Year two addition for free. When you log in all the stuff is in the armory.

494109.PNG

• Advertisement

Cheers boys.

No upgrade option for me, im on basic origin access and its looking for €53.99 to buy with no upgrade option.

Played the 2 new maps there, one thing i noticed is visibility is so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Just had a quick blast of Iwo Jima. Serious craic! They've done a great job!

Yeah i must admit it feels great to play.

No upgrade option for me, im on basic origin access and its looking for €53.99 to buy with no upgrade option.

Played the 2 new maps there, one thing i noticed is visibility is so much better.

Ah you need premier alright.

Played some more Iwo Jima and i have to say its the first map from a BF game in many years to give me BF 1942 vibes.
    If only they would bring out more iconic WW2 theaters of war, i always felt that BFV missed a massive opportunity leaving out these iconic maps.
    ALso it still feels weird seeing USA troopes running round with STG 44`s and mp 40`s but maybe im nitpicking now.
    Iwo Jima really is epic in every way, i could play it all day.
    Hopefully its onwards and upwards for the game and we see much more top class quality like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Iwo Jima really is epic in every way, i could play it all day.

I just did , well almost all day ....I've a pain in me arse from sitting down and I think my shoulder is fu&*ed ............ getting old means you have the time to play it all day , it also means playing all day hurts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

jonski wrote: »
    I just did , well almost all day ....I've a pain in me arse from sitting down and I think my shoulder is fu&*ed ............ getting old means you have the time to play it all day , it also means playing all day hurts :D

Fcukin hell....MEDIC for Jonski.....you must be at least 90% bandages now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Fcukin hell....MEDIC for Jonski.....you must be at least 90% bandages now!!!

Medic for Jonski ? ....I am the fercking medic !

I swore when this BF came out I was not going to get caught up in weapon assignments ...'just pick the weapon you like for each class and run with it'..... yet here I am , after about 2 weeks trying to get 20 hip fire in the objective in a round with that stupid ZK-383 . Lying down or propped against something and it's great , like a laser over medium distance . ADS it's great ....but hip fire it's just spray and pray ........ and I'm a severely lapsed catholic .

Mr.S wrote: »
    The new maps are amazing, it's a pitty we didn't have these at launch.

Yeah , sadly the wider gaming community has already made up its mind on the game.
    I had too but was willing to give these maps and new patch a go and im glad i did.
    If the game shipped in this state it would be immensely popular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Last played Dec 2018

Bought it earlier after reading above, jaysis its went full BF4 and is a very very good game now.

Yep, gonna be hard for me to play the old maps again, but hoping they keep coming, we'll have wake island at the end of the month and wouldn't be surprised if we keep getting some good stuff over coming months. Reaction is hugely positive and I think they're finally seeing the potential they have.

Yeah im the same, its gonna be hard to play other maps.
    Atleast the 2 new maps have their own playlist for now.
    Its as if DICE saw these maps and new patch as last chance saloon because they have nailed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Any xbox1 players notice the shading of the soldiers somewhat off for the US / Japanese ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,094 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Played a little on Xbox last night and actually enjoyed it for the first time in... well, possibly ever. I see they've added a carbine you can unlock for the medic class now which suits me down to the ground, if I manage to unlock that then I've finally got a loadout that suits me to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

Think Dice finally got it right with this one now. The update feels like a brand new game but unfortunately it feel like too little too late. Really enjoying it so far but feel that two maps won't be enough to keep the player base there.

Think Dice finally got it right with this one now. The update feels like a brand new game but unfortunately it feel like too little too late. Really enjoying it so far but feel that two maps won't be enough to keep the player base there.

I agree its like a brand new game, Wake Island is coming soon and at this stage with the overwhelming positive feedback its pretty much guaranteed we will see similar content not too far down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Dcully wrote:
    I agree its like a brand new game, Wake Island is coming soon and at this stage with the overwhelming positive feedback its pretty much guaranteed we will see similar content not too far down the line.

I'm back into it after moving away from it after the first month loving it now, I've been playing since BF2 and the fun is back with this update

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Finally gave BF5 multiplayer a decent go and i'm sure a lot of people like it. But it reminds me how much I miss BF3 and Bad Company 2's multiplayer.

• Advertisement

Finally gave BF5 multiplayer a decent go and i'm sure a lot of people like it. But it reminds me how much I miss BF3 and Bad Company 2's multiplayer.

Still loads of servers running on PC for both.

Advertisement