Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Shlippery wrote: »
    On the TTK stuff, they just posted this which seems promising ;
    https://old.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/e9oxzo/community_broadcast_improving_update_52/

I admit, I've been away past 2 weeks so haven't been able to play and see if it was truly as bad as people make it out to be, but will be happy at the reduction of the spotting dorito marker things. There's no need for them!

Yeah that looks promising, undoing a lot of the worst parts of the 5.2 patch and adding much needed weapon balancing. Especially good to hear they're removing the auto spotting of enemies close to you.

But DICE confirmed today that they added aim assist auto snap to the game with the latest patch, they forgot to add it to the patch notes. Coupled with drastically reducing most/all weapons recoil they're moving closer to COD. COD's lack of weapon recoil and really strong aim assist often means there's can be little skill in aiming and it comes down to who saw who first. Hope battlefield doesn't continue down this path.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I like the TTK. If you can keep the enemy at distance you can hold points much more effectively. It's almost fun now not a dying simulator. I've been alive for 17 mins. Just going around getting into little skirmishes.

50 min game, 11 kills and 8 deaths but it was the most fun I've had in BFV.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

It just goes to show you can have all the shiney graphics and bells & whistles you like but if map design is poor then its all pointless [lets be honest DICE have not made any really amazing maps the last decade]
    Wake Island on the other hand feels like we are playing a BF game of classic proportions.
    Yes there are few too many tanks but i could play it all day,its amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭Damien360

Dcully wrote: »
    It just goes to show you can have all the shiney graphics and bells & whistles you like but if map design is poor then its all pointless [lets be honest DICE have not made any really amazing maps the last decade]
    Wake Island on the other hand feels like we are playing a BF game of classic proportions.

I find that map too big. Playing on PS4 and I find myself running for ages to get back to battle after dying (which I do a lot of).

Damien360 wrote: »
    I find that map too big. Playing on PS4 and I find myself running for ages to get back to battle after dying (which I do a lot of).

They have littered the map with tanks, jeeps and boats to bomb around in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Dcully wrote:

the buff in the bombs on the airplane makes them one hit kills and with the reticle for aiming now you can take tanks out at a large distance

Damien360 wrote:

that's what the jeeps and boats are for island hopping

fergus1001 wrote: »
    that's what the jeeps and boats are for island hopping

Yes but not enough players are sensible enough to pick up team mates to attack. More often than not, tanks included, it’s one player on their own. Only time you get to join is when you die and redeploy back with your squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Whatever they changed about the ttk seems to suit my style of play because I'm getting more kills and less deaths than ever since the update. Can't seem to miss with the Ross rifle either the thing is like a laser

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Whatever they changed about the ttk seems to suit my style of play because I'm getting more kills and less deaths than ever since the update. Can't seem to miss with the Ross rifle either the thing is like a laser

Bolt action weapons became more powerful despite not being changed, the update reduced all others weapons damage, especially their damage at longer ranges which has made it harder to counter snipers.

• Advertisement

Quick question, does this have 'hardcore' in multiplayer or is it just 'core'?

I'm abysmal playing core. Pity there's no hardcore mode.

Battlefield is one game I've never gotten any better at haha. I just cannot get used to the shooting/recoil. I'm ****ed in a gun fight without a sniper rifle.

my dearly beloved MG34 is now a bubble gun :(

It's a pity there's no option to play hardcore in this.

I've never enjoyed playing core in this (or COD), I hate the time to kill. Even worse when you're on rinky-dink original guns and you're up against people that've unlocked all the goodies.

If this had hardcore mode I'd put serious hours into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

It's a pity there's no option to play hardcore in this.

I've never enjoyed playing core in this (or COD), I hate the time to kill. Even worse when you're on rinky-dink original guns and you're up against people that've unlocked all the goodies.

If this had hardcore mode I'd put serious hours into it.
    Some of the best guns are the ones you start with But there is a definite advantage with vehicle unlocks

I loved the hardcore modes on bf3 and 4 but since BF1 they haven’t bothered with it

At least there isn’t the ridiculous spotting and gadgets that there was in the older games where you were pretty much always visible on the minimap

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I'm still playing this and, for the most part enjoying it, but I need to vent so sorry .

Struggling with this current strain of Cold that is going about and unable to sleep due to constant coughing I switched on the PC to distract myself at 5 am .

Hackers ! at 5 am ! on a Sunday morning ! and not well disguised , blatant . Even when switching servers , over and over .

Really good players also , I can't blame them for being good but for Gods sake Dice why are you putting me on the same server as them when I am decidedly average at best .

Not to worry , stay on the same server as the hackers never stay for a second round and for the most part that works . But it doesn't work for the really good players , they stay on but at least like BF 1 the servers will be balanced ........NOPE , get crucified this map, highly likely you will get crucified the next map . Surely to God the really good players don't want to be on the same server as me either, where's the challenge in that .

And as for assignments , don't get me started on that ...... oh so you want to get me started eh ? for the love of God make them game related and for us geriatrics, cruising in the slow lane towards mid fifties and death, make them obtainable . I know they shouldn't be easy, but me getting 35 kills in a round with the Type 2A or M1919A6 , come ooooonnnn . maybe on a really good day with a server full of auld fellas like meself .

And yes I know, I don't have to do them ....but they are there, in a list that gets ever longer .......mocking me !

And before ye young whippersnappers come on with yere "Git Gud" , My "Gittin Gud" days are thirty odd years behind me .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I really don't get why people do this. I mean I know they want to annoy people but if you play bots you're bored in 5 minutes. Saw one with a guy on top of a church spinning in circles and murdering people all over the map with an LMG, why just why?
    People like this should be banned forever from everything

gimli2112 wrote:
    I really don't get why people do this. I mean I know they want to annoy people but if you play bots you're bored in 5 minutes. Saw one with a guy on top of a church spinning in circles and murdering people all over the map with an LMG, why just why? People like this should be banned forever from everything

because they know they are annoying people and it gives them a great laugh I guess

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I really dont get all the crying from the BFV community.
    Big deal the ttk changes made a few weapons ****, before it we had even more unusable weapons.
    The game has so many weapons its almost impossible to balance, gamers and their sense of entitlement strikes again.
    Im no fan of Dice or EA but the game is still a lot of fun.
    It seems to require a bit more skill to rack up the kills but thats a good thing, way too many noob friendly shooters out there these days.
    MW for example is an absolute joke, no aim skill required with one round to the toe enough to kill a player.

Played it last night and enjoyed it. It is much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Dcully wrote: »
    I really dont get all the crying from the BFV community.

You could replace BFV with any major online fps release, I understand you can't please everyone but the bitching and moaning is beyond belief. It's almost personal like the devs made the game this way just to piss of 15 youtubers and their followers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I've been playing BF since BF1942 although I don't post here much. I've stopped playing BF5 altogether now since they added the Type 2A and the TTK changes. I would say the BF community is more united now than it ever was in the controversey surrounding previous games. If you're happy with the current state of the game and the way they've handled the development I would say you're in the minority. It's like they look at what the players want and say "ok lets do the opposite". The swing from one extreme to the other in terms of balance has been hard to adjust to. It's like they can't decide what they want themselves. Adding way over powered weapons and then nerfing them to oblivion. The weapon balance has been atrocious in general (fleiger flaust, type 2a etc) The upside to this though is that there's loads of full BF4 servers for me to play on as it seems many long term fans of the franchise have essentially given up.

I stick to outpost and breakthrough modes. As long as my team works together it is a fast, good battle. Snipers are a pain (because I’m useless as a sniper really) but despite weapon complaints, at least a newer person doesn’t get mauled by someone with excessive fire power. You can get the better weapons early on and it helps balance. Far better than COD especially the new one with all the campers. I still think some spawn points are a bit far away on some maps. I did prefer BF4 but the personal servers with all kinds of rules ruined that for me.

MadYaker wrote:
    I've been playing BF since BF1942 although I don't post here much. I've stopped playing BF5 altogether now since they added the Type 2A and the TTK changes. I would say the BF community is more united now than it ever was in the controversey surrounding previous games. If you're happy with the current state of the game and the way they've handled the development I would say you're in the minority. It's like they look at what the players want and say "ok lets do the opposite". The swing from one extreme to the other in terms of balance has been hard to adjust to. It's like they can't decide what they want themselves. Adding way over powered weapons and then nerfing them to oblivion. The weapon balance has been atrocious in general (fleiger flaust, type 2a etc) The upside to this though is that there's loads of full BF4 servers for me to play on as it seems many long term fans of the franchise have essentially given up.

add to that

planes are absolutely broken, nobody dog fights just up and down with 4x 20mm cannons getting massive kills 120+ kills to 0 deaths, they are nearly surprised when I get into a dog fighter variant and clear the sky

and I'm a pilot since BF2

• Registered Users Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Also why does my character have to shout like an idiot alerting enemies to my location? Almost completely defeats the point of using a supressor and trying to play stealthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

jonski wrote: »
    I'm still playing this and, for the most part enjoying it, but I need to vent so sorry .

Struggling with this current strain of Cold that is going about and unable to sleep due to constant coughing I switched on the PC to distract myself at 5 am .

Hackers ! at 5 am ! on a Sunday morning ! and not well disguised , blatant . Even when switching servers , over and over .

Really good players also , I can't blame them for being good but for Gods sake Dice why are you putting me on the same server as them when I am decidedly average at best .

Not to worry , stay on the same server as the hackers never stay for a second round and for the most part that works . But it doesn't work for the really good players , they stay on but at least like BF 1 the servers will be balanced ........NOPE , get crucified this map, highly likely you will get crucified the next map . Surely to God the really good players don't want to be on the same server as me either, where's the challenge in that .

And as for assignments , don't get me started on that ...... oh so you want to get me started eh ? for the love of God make them game related and for us geriatrics, cruising in the slow lane towards mid fifties and death, make them obtainable . I know they shouldn't be easy, but me getting 35 kills in a round with the Type 2A or M1919A6 , come ooooonnnn . maybe on a really good day with a server full of auld fellas like meself .

And yes I know, I don't have to do them ....but they are there, in a list that gets ever longer .......mocking me !

And before ye young whippersnappers come on with yere "Git Gud" , My "Gittin Gud" days are thirty odd years behind me .
    Have you considered trying it on console? There are very few if any hackers and The skill gap isn’t as insane even for fairly rubbish players like me you can hold your own

The graphics aren’t as nice if you have a high end PC but they’re still pretty decent

Akrasia wrote:
    The graphics aren’t as nice if you have a high end PC but they’re still pretty decent

they're nice if you have an xbox one x imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Akrasia wrote: »
    Have you considered trying it on console? There are very few if any hackers and The skill gap isn’t as insane even for fairly rubbish players like me you can hold your own

I don't have a console .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'm enjoying the new jungle map of Soloman Islands.
    Some small tweaks also.

Past while I've mostly been playing Breakthough.
    When you get a good team going, it's a super game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I'm enjoying the new jungle map of Soloman Islands.
    Some small tweaks also.

Past while I've mostly been playing Breakthough.
    When you get a good team going, it's a super game.

I like it in breakthrough myself. But I found it awful in conquest. It all too easily devolves into a campfest and meatgrinder at C due to it's very linear nature.

Advertisement