Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2018 rental

• 02-03-2018 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

I have camper van tickets for this year for the first time and was pretty happy about it. However little did I predict how hard it was going to be to locate value for money camper hire for a basic two to three berth option even this early in the year. Unfortunately I do not have money to burn 😡

Any suggestions please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭Alkers

liamog wrote:
    Did you not hear about all the people who die of CO2 poisoning because they are on a long drive and didn't crack the window open.

Out of the box options are buying a cheap van or caravan yourself and flogging it after. Trailer tents and folding campers are allowed.

I have camper van tickets for this year for the first time and was pretty happy about it.

:confused:

Is your camper a music lover?
    It's pretty cheeky charging machinery to attend, if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

:confused:

Is your camper a music lover?
    It's pretty cheeky charging machinery to attend, if you ask me.

Call it the smug prick tax ðŸ˜http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2017/08/31/smug-prick-bringing-camper-van-to-electric-picnic/

Seriously though its no different to paying extra for a better room or a better view anywhere else. And if it saves you from people pissing, vomiting, falling on, stealing or setting alight your accommodation its worth the upgrade.

They have to pay me to go there.
    Field is covered in a diesel cloud for a week. vomit2.gif
    120kVA set running near idle every 50 meters.

5 day festivals on the mainland with 23hr stages, vehicle tickets are unheard of and there's no bouncers for 1/4 the price.

Stradbally definitely wouldn't be my cup of tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Me neither last time I went was 2006 and it was getting chavvy by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Clairef80

Hi, I found it hard to get a campervan too prices go up a lot. We are in galway and are picking one up in Dublin beforehand. Found prices were better there. We haven't however managed to get the campervan ticket yet. So fingers crossed we will get one.

Advertisement