Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCVP help!!

Options
  • 02-03-2018 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi all

Currently in 5th year and undertaking the LCVP. Was wondering if anyone who got a distinction in it could give me a few pointers and possibly PM a few documents e.g Enterprise/Action Plan Career Investigation Work experience diary etc..

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭skippy1977

The people marking your projects will have very strict guidelines as to what they can give marks for. Make sure you use the checklists at this link to ensure your items contain everything they need to:

http://pdst.ie/node/2991

For example I have seen so many 0's given for the Evaluation of the Action Plan because it was not written in the Future Tense.

My other tip is to dedicate plenty of time to the theory side so that you do well in the written examination. There is 40% for this but many students spend less than 10% of their time preparing for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Hi all

Currently in 5th year and undertaking the LCVP. Was wondering if anyone who got a distinction in it could give me a few pointers and possibly PM a few documents e.g Enterprise/Action Plan Career Investigation Work experience diary etc..

Thanks!

The layout of the documents is very straight forward - the key to getting a good mark is stick to the guidelines and make sure that you have the correct (and consistent) formatting, grammar, punctuation, spelling etc. (students lose a stack load of marks for this).

And you are better off doing your own documents rather than copying someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jbloggs1245

skippy1977 wrote: »
    The people marking your projects will have very strict guidelines as to what they can give marks for. Make sure you use the checklists at this link to ensure your items contain everything they need to:

http://pdst.ie/node/2991

For example I have seen so many 0's given for the Evaluation of the Action Plan because it was not written in the Future Tense.

My other tip is to dedicate plenty of time to the theory side so that you do well in the written examination. There is 40% for this but many students spend less than 10% of their time preparing for it.

I see it advises 300-600 words for career investigation and Enterprise action plan etc. Will i lose marks if I go over 600 words or go overfor any of the suggestion of the other documents?

Advertisement