Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert history

Options
  • 02-03-2018 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi I'm doing my leaving cert history project on doctor Theodore morell -Hitler's personal physician.I am just wondering in what way is he historically significant because according to my teacher although he gave Hitler drugs and injections there is no definitive proof that this contributed to the outcome of world war 2.Im wondering if my teacher is wrong or is there another way that he is historically significant.Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

The very fact that he was Hitler's doctor is historically relevant. He was responsible for keeping Hitler 'healthy' (for want of a better description).

You could discuss the 'medication' he administered to Hitler, the treatment of the various ailments Hitler suffered while in power, his role in the annexation of Czechoslovakia, suspicions about his treatment of Hitler from the Nazi inner circle, his role in the final days of the Third Reich.

There is actually quite a lot - and you could potentially narrow it down to one of these topics.

Advertisement